****Official Doom 4 Thread****

Man of Honour
I've mixed feelings the presentation had some great moment but the general gameplay itself didn't really grab me.

Associate
Why show footage from a damned console with wishy-washy movement and why show it on super easy mode? I mean I think it was even on God Mode perhaps. If they'd debuted this thing on a PC with a medium>high difficulty it might have at least looked kind of challenging. It currently just looks like Doom 3.1 to me, but with some nostalgic elements from 1/2 in there. Move from A to B down a hall and shoot some slow-as-hell things in the face. Proceed until bored. Maybe it will end up being really excellent but I don't think these videos sold it that well.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Looks good, they've clearly slowed down the action so they can show off the graphics in the demo.

I hope that weapon switch pause gets taken out, or is at least optional, as it's horribly immersion breaking.

Other than that i'm looking forward to getting my hands on this. :D

Associate
Looked D.A.F. Like you guys I remember the golden days of The Ultimate Doom but for me this will just be another game with "YOU'VE PLAYED: 7 hours" next to it before it's resigned to the history books.

Soldato
Looks good, they've clearly slowed down the action so they can show off the graphics in the demo.

I hope that weapon switch pause gets taken out, or is at least optional, as it's horribly immersion breaking.

Other than that i'm looking forward to getting my hands on this. :D

He quick switches weapons a few times so Id assume it is doable. He is clearly playing on a console so it likely there for that.

Caporegime
As awesome as Doom is, 3 minutes into that 8 minute video I was bored, whereas after watching 5 Fallout 4 videos I just want to see more :p

pretty much summed up my feelings.

i wanted it faster more gorier . its early yet so they can tweak things from feedback received.

Caporegime
Obviously not the finished product, but it looked to me like it lacked colour / detail :

10wjo6h.png

I enjoyed it more the second time I watched it. All in all, I still think it'll be a good title.

Also, did anyone feel the judders?

2ce143p.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom