****Official Doom 4 Thread****

Soldato
Didn't like the look of that, but I guess the sp campaign might still be good. Not keen on the loot when you kill an enemy, or the hightech look to the loot and targeting etc. Sort of ruins the horror aspect a bit.

Soldato
When you look at it a bit more it does look very repetative, but at least it's similar to DOOM 3, it's linear run and gun....but it's definitely not a classic game like the excellent ``Dishonored``:mad:

it looks like you're alone on the original Mars base or similar, which is a good thing, but it's hard to tell from the Videos, but as soon as you've got too many enemies to kill all at once, it's bound to get boring real quick................finally the AI looks really dumb.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doom 3 didnt blow me away and I this doesnt look vastly different. The level design seems more like quake than doom is a a plus point to me. Still got that plastic look to everything and as mentioned above i dont like the way the glowing ammo pops out of the dead bodies.

Associate
Waited long time to see the gameplay, shame nothing got leaked from Quakecon14. But sure did live up to wait imo, big fat grin while watching the live stream this morning and them chainsaw kills was the cherry on the cake. Also nice surprise to see MP and the tools that comes with seeing as Wolfenstein lacked MP.

I for one cant wait till Spring 2016 :D

Btw the whole Doom 4 show has been uploaded 1080p 60fps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPpamFLrLw

Soldato
not rubbish, think of it more like a remake of Doom 3.............because they couldn't relocate the game to Earth, without loosing it's atmosphere/Claustrophobia/ Darkness/sense of terror, this considered, the best location is definitely another Mars base..or a giant 10 mile long Space cruiser.

what they've got wrong is too many Dumb ass AI in the same location, this is very hard to get right in a linear shooter, it just ends up BORING you to sleep

they tried something new last year............scrapped it because it wasn't DOOM .......and then returned to this.

the next thing they've got totally and utterly wrong is :- glowing health and ammo dropped on the floor, ammo should be found in boxes/ lockers etc........this kills the atmosphere completely

Associate
I'm a bit underwhelmed by the video. Enemies in dribs and drabs, and most of them appeared glued to the spot.

Only a short segment of gameplay, but if that's the pace of the game, then I'd rather play the original.

Soldato
Enemies dropping glowing pickups is the final nail in the coffin.

Not interested in this whatsoever.

Such a shame as I loved the original doom games :(

Id lost their way a long time ago now though, so this is no real surprise.

Soldato
I like Doom 3 for it's claustrophobic dark corridors and demnons invading an otherwise man made environment. This looks pants though

you're only seeing a tiny part of the game, it deffo wont be like that all the way through, but the repetative and dumb ass AI is a bit worrying....

V F

V F

Soldato
Hmm, I thought it was interesting how it has a Mortal Kombat environment feel to it. So glad you can see a lot of the area. Doom 3 gave me headaches and eyestrain.

However, the player/monsters/guns still look plasticine/plastic sheen just like Doom 3. :/
Never liked that supposedly wet look? Kind of like Uncharted Drake running into/below the waterfalls.

Back
Top Bottom