****Official Doom 4 Thread****

Looks great to me, if that was console footage then even more impressive, it's got a year to be polished so once we see PC footage running nightmare that'll give us a better idea of the final thing.

As Wolfenstein showed theres deffo a market for an old skool shooter without the open world gubbins.

Looking forward to this for a nostalgia burst if nothin else, one thing is for sure the game WILL NOT look anything like that E3 reveal lol

yes Wolfenstein got it right recently (the old blood) and Serious Sam gets it right too, but Doom 3 has it wrong.

DOOM 3 = great location/great atmosphere/ audio.............poor gameplay

my guess is DOOM 3 got it wrong because it's an old game and the AI is far too predictable, but worryingly the new game looks the same :eek:

the AI is just standing there, i wonder if Bethesda realise this or even care, or if enough fans have mentioned this to them.......... i expect so.

because it's similar to DOOM 3 even the audio is the same, it'll have a nostalgic feel to it, it'll be great to play it with up to date modern graphics.

I think it's as simple as Doom 3 having less of the arcade elements which made the old titles so popular. Here, it seems, some of that appears to be back in favour.

I liked the sound of the doors opening and closing. That reminded me of the older titles.

Seems about bang on for me. Awesome atmosphere, full emphasis on the gunplay, completely over the top style.

I absolutely cannot wait for this.

Has the important question been answered yet? Can you attach a light to your gun?

Random bit of information but I was the first person to make a duct tape flashlight mod for Doom 3 (though not the person who released the popular used one) and also the first person to make properly working friendly AI NPCs

Found this old video with some random messing about in a boxy test map when I first got friendly AI working:

Ignore the weapon effects lol was just randomly trying stuff out to see what it would look like.

I think it's as simple as Doom 3 having less of the arcade elements which made the old titles so popular. Here, it seems, some of that appears to be back in favour.

I liked the sound of the doors opening and closing. That reminded me of the older titles.

Funny thinking back to all the talk and excitement for Doom 3. Then thinking about all the talk from GeForce 3 about it.

02/21/2001

Reading between the lines about various things iD / Bethesda are saying, it seems that Tech6 will be frame capped to 60FPS / 60Hz ... instant no-buy for me, and no doubt lots of other PC players, again ... this is sad.

yes, the other Doom game they made didn't work, so they remade Doom 3 because they had no idea what else to do............which is what the fans wanted in the 1st place.

it'll be repetative for sure but very atmospheric and addictive, it should be bloody good!

Any hint to DX12?

It's an OpenGL engine. There will be no DX12 in it or any other Tech6 game. You'd have to imagine Vulkan will be an option though, as this is a '16 release ... but then this is iD / Bethesda, it seems like it'll be yet another PC-lead-platform title for them capped to 60FPS / hz, which is a total joke.

Back
Top Bottom