Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

omg so frustrating this game some days. can't remember the last time i won a rivals game. just seem stuck in div 6. Even when i go ahead it doesn't last for long.
This is what i have team wise, Varane is the only tradeable. https://www.futbin.com/24/squad/1194301
I am not sure if there's issues with my players (workrates maybe?), the formation i am using or what :(
I have tried various setups in terms of players just struggling to find anything that works. Open to suggestions to formations, changes to players etc.
I don't use skill moves, normally pass it around waiting for space then go for it.

omg so frustrating this game some days. can't remember the last time i won a rivals game. just seem stuck in div 6. Even when i go ahead it doesn't last for long.
This is what i have team wise, Varane is the only tradeable. https://www.futbin.com/24/squad/1194301
I am not sure if there's issues with my players (workrates maybe?), the formation i am using or what :(
I have tried various setups in terms of players just struggling to find anything that works. Open to suggestions to formations, changes to players etc.
I don't use skill moves, normally pass it around waiting for space then go for it.

You're best uploading some games and we can check how you play

Thanks, didn't know i had a youtube account.
It says processing, not sure how long that takes but it is here when it does finish :) https://youtu.be/XvT3OpYZa8Y

Cheers. I watched the first half, will watch second later. Initial thoughts:

What formation and tactics? You seem really deep which is difficult to attack with as you have barely any options up top

What buttons do you use for defending? I can’t see much teammate contain being used which is what I do then try read where the ball is going with my controller player. You were trying to jockey but no tackles being made and he could play through your defence easily, you want to get in positions to intercept with a controlled player so team mate contain is important.

I would personally change the camera to tele broadcast
Also use the driven pass, it gets you moving up the field much quicker.

It’s difficult but try not hold sprint as much, that’s how you lose the ball, just try concentrate on not giving the opposition the ball, be patient, you were forcing passes that weren’t on but that could be because your options were limited up top.

I only got to div 2 last season so I’m not the perfect player or anything but things to consider!

Cheers. I watched the first half, will watch second later. Initial thoughts:

What formation and tactics? You seem really deep which is difficult to attack with as you have barely any options up top

What buttons do you use for defending? I can’t see much teammate contain being used which is what I do then try read where the ball is going with my controller player. You were trying to jockey but no tackles being made and he could play through your defence easily, you want to get in positions to intercept with a controlled player so team mate contain is important.

I would personally change the camera to tele broadcast
Also use the driven pass, it gets you moving up the field much quicker.

It’s difficult but try not hold sprint as much, that’s how you lose the ball, just try concentrate on not giving the opposition the ball, be patient, you were forcing passes that weren’t on but that could be because your options were limited up top.

I only got to div 2 last season so I’m not the perfect player or anything but things to consider!
Thanks, i was going to trim it but thought some of the other gameplay would be useful rather than just the goals.

I've tried loads of formations, the one in that game was 433(5). Usually like 4321 or 442(2). Regret doing Pirlo as his work rates are naff.

I use alternative controls (from pro evo on ps1) i normally use square or circle (slide tackle). I was trying not to commit my players with tackles as one missed tackle leaves them miles behind.

Never changed camera settings so will give that a go.
Noted on the driven pass.

With the sprint its totally bad habit so will try and not use it as often. The forcing passes is so frustrating as a lot of the time as soon as i press pass i think oh ffs ben why! so almost know its not on but do it anyways :(

I usually get to div 3/4 depending on how much i play but totally **** this year.

Really struggle finding a formation that gives me some form of defence and a bit of an attack. Alvarez is good although locked in trying to get the evo done.

Thanks, i was going to trim it but thought some of the other gameplay would be useful rather than just the goals.

I've tried loads of formations, the one in that game was 433(5). Usually like 4321 or 442(2). Regret doing Pirlo as his work rates are naff.

I use alternative controls (from pro evo on ps1) i normally use square or circle (slide tackle). I was trying not to commit my players with tackles as one missed tackle leaves them miles behind.

Never changed camera settings so will give that a go.
Noted on the driven pass.

With the sprint its totally bad habit so will try and not use it as often. The forcing passes is so frustrating as a lot of the time as soon as i press pass i think oh ffs ben why! so almost know its not on but do it anyways :(

I usually get to div 3/4 depending on how much i play but totally **** this year.

Really struggle finding a formation that gives me some form of defence and a bit of an attack. Alvarez is good although locked in trying to get the evo done.

You make most of the mistakes I do. I still need to retrain my brain not to press sprint all the time, but that's because I've always played that way since PES days. I use alternate controls but swap R1 and Square; I like Square as a mate contain as I always have my first finger hovering over Sprint, so it is easier to press.

I struggle with formations; I have four setups. 4321 is my go-to, to be honest, but it depends on your opposition and what they are playing.

Camera-wise, what you use should be suitable as you can see the whole pitch, all the player runs, etc., but being closer seems to work better.

I watched two YouTubers/twitch streamers, BorasLegend and Fuji. Generally, watching them and seeing how they play, you pick up things and try and replicate them, should make you better.

I just don't understand why they have made the menu system (on the PS5 anyway!) so bad!

FIFA 23 was fine menu-wise but EAFC just seems so laggy in terms of navigating the menu system! :confused:

Heads up you can evo two players at the same time, take a look on YouTube, but you just need to fully complete one first and then have two more evos in progress. You can make one active and then claim the completed one and it accidentally makes the second evo active as well

Shame you can’t just do this as standard really, but might save you some time!

The AI is simply woeful - the sheer number of times players either don't make the most obvious of runs or worse still just stand miles offside is ridiculous!

I found last year's game to be not too bad and so I don't understand why they haven't just built on that!

This FIFA does seem to be going down the drain now. A lot of content creators just aren't motivated to play.

The gameplay is never perfect, but the high pressure depth -> run down the wing -> cutback is really bad this year. Two patches recently and no attempt to fix it. Defending is also inconsistent with a lot of dodgy rebounds. I'd say on the whole there's no improvement over previous years.

Content is just the same as previous years, with different names for the promos.

Evolutions were a good idea, but the majority immediately fall behind the power curve, and most of the good ones cost coins/points.

The rewards feel somehow worse, no red informs, etc.

It does make me laugh at these creators crying on; they get given a game that provides them with a healthy living; what do they want EA to do precisely? Release cards that 99% of the population playing can't ever play with? It's a football game; some of us still remember just having fun playing your mate around a TV with a club team. I stay away from the noise now; it's boring and repetitive. I watch 3 'creators' who play the game. It's mental how people allow it to dictate their lives....maybe I'm just old now :D

@kdd Whats mbappe like? Torn between him and Haaland RTTK, I’m not much of skiller and always like Kane TOTY so leaning towards Haaland. Bakc of mind is Mbappe is just going glitch through the defence like most years.
He is just all round good really, he is fast enough, strong enough, has good dribbling and his shooting is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom