Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

I'm still conceding sooo many goals as a result of mis-placed simple passes it's not even funny!

Had an occasion last night where my opponent chipped my keeper but my defender got back 4-5 yards from goal and kept it out easily - only for the attempted pass drift slowly towards my other centre back and he inexplicably walked away from the ball and the opponent nipped in and scored!?!?

One of my biggest annoyances has to be passes to the winger going straight to their full back! :confused:

This game is really weird. Played 3 games last night. One was an evenly matched 3-3 draw and was good fun. The next I won 3-1 and was good fun. The third game was a complete turdfest. It was genuinely like my players decided to down tools. It was 1-1 for a while and then they got a midfield player sent off. They then won 7-1. My players felt completely different to the first two games. Their press was the worst I've ever experienced and that combined with my players inability to pass the ball just resulted in disaster. They weren't making the same runs they did in the first two games either. Weird.

Did anyone else "lose" their Founders Evolution when the game first came out?

I'd chosen (probably stupidly) Callum Wilson but after 2 or 3 games he got injured and the card reverted back to the standard gold and I've never been able to contact EA or heard anything about it since??

Has anyone here had a similar issue?

Anyone grabbing the new cards? I got the French cb as the pros meant to be one of the best.
I got lozano to use some fodder.
Also tempted by the French striker.

I packed benzema totw untradeable so going to fit a team around him and see how it goes

What's everyone's teams nowadays? Mine is partially common/meta/whatever you call it.

Neymar - Keane 86 - Hanson
Putellas - Jude 88 - Botani
Carmona 86 - Koeman 89 - Blanc - LLorente
88 Cech

I'm really enjoying it, managed to afford Putellas over this weekend's league rewards.

Need to replace Keane but just waiting for a decent SBC, he does a good job to be fair. Carmona at LB probably next to go. Llorente I should have put through evo but never had spare 150k at the time.

I’m using the tactics I mentioned a week or so ago. Having a lot of success with it and scoring some decent goals.

I’ve accepted I’m a 14 win weekend league player anything above that just gets so try hard it’s not even worth the effort or annoyance when people use the various glitches available. I’m in agreement with you Andy decent enough game and I don’t get the hate for it which is flying on the various social media platforms.

As for my team
Alvarez - Govou
Park - Bellingham - Maddison
Mendy - Silva - Virgil - llorente
Allison

Mostly untradeable

Last edited:
My team hasn't improved much since my post of 2nd Oct

................TOTW Ter Stegen
.........Blanc......TB Dias.......Leon
Evo Llorente...de Jong...Silva....Kewell
......................de Bruyne
...........Lewandowksi....Griezmann

There are certainly some good elements, but they're far outweighed by the bad for me, sadly. Some of these apply to previous FIFA's, as usual -

• In Div 3/4 the quality of opponent varies massively. One game is someone who is pretty average, the next is some crazy psychopath shot-cancelling press merchant. The worse players usually just leave early on, so the games are short and not really enjoyable, then you're up against someone far better.

• A lot of people quit when they concede a penalty/get a red card. Seems more prevalent than before.

• The 71 depth pressing is a real pain, I have to keep switching back to it myself or I just get overwhelmed. This absolutely must be patched, it's not difficult, just increase fatigue by a lot.

• Almost every opponent runs down the wing, R1 dribbles, and does cutbacks. I am getting better at defending them but it's not always possible. I believe the latest pro tournament was mostly all goals like these.

• Kick off goals are as bad as ever. I absolutely hate them and always have, they just mean I completely lose focus and get annoyed.

• Finesse shots are OP but not nearly as annoying as the 71 depth situation.

• Inconsistency with rebounds/tackling really needs looking at.

• I've tried lots of different tactics and formations and it really makes little difference, at least to me.

• Too many packs are untradeable and it's difficult to build up many coins (but obviously this depends on luck). I'm lucky if I get anything over an 84 from Champs rewards (11 wins or so).

Watching my games back the biggest area I need to improve is not giving the ball away immediately when I win it, I like to play direct on the counter and that is much more difficult with the pressing this year...

One day it'll go well, the next I'll struggle to win any games at all - I don't really get it. That's not unique to this FIFA though, either.

There are certainly some good elements, but they're far outweighed by the bad for me, sadly. Some of these apply to previous FIFA's, as usual -

• In Div 3/4 the quality of opponent varies massively. One game is someone who is pretty average, the next is some crazy psychopath shot-cancelling press merchant. The worse players usually just leave early on, so the games are short and not really enjoyable, then you're up against someone far better.

• A lot of people quit when they concede a penalty/get a red card. Seems more prevalent than before.

• The 71 depth pressing is a real pain, I have to keep switching back to it myself or I just get overwhelmed. This absolutely must be patched, it's not difficult, just increase fatigue by a lot.

• Almost every opponent runs down the wing, R1 dribbles, and does cutbacks. I am getting better at defending them but it's not always possible. I believe the latest pro tournament was mostly all goals like these.

• Kick off goals are as bad as ever. I absolutely hate them and always have, they just mean I completely lose focus and get annoyed.

• Finesse shots are OP but not nearly as annoying as the 71 depth situation.

• Inconsistency with rebounds/tackling really needs looking at.

• I've tried lots of different tactics and formations and it really makes little difference, at least to me.

• Too many packs are untradeable and it's difficult to build up many coins (but obviously this depends on luck). I'm lucky if I get anything over an 84 from Champs rewards (11 wins or so).

Watching my games back the biggest area I need to improve is not giving the ball away immediately when I win it, I like to play direct on the counter and that is much more difficult with the pressing this year...

One day it'll go well, the next I'll struggle to win any games at all - I don't really get it. That's not unique to this FIFA though, either.

Whilst all valid points and the noise you hear on the socials, I just can’t let it annoy me as it occurs for both players, there’s not one thing you’ve listed that both players won’t be affected by and therefore it just doesnt bother me anymore.

I would be miffed if you could manipulate the game into more things going against you or for you but you can’t, so both players equally can get stung.

Like I said before, maybe I’m just getting old so this stuff doesn’t annoy me like once did.

Its alright guys, the Black Friday gift from EA is a Mbappe SBC for 4 million :cry:

@Robbo did you try the tactic I linked to on Twitter? They are different and allow you to play more football if thats your thing. For me at least I like to try to be a bit different, otherwise I get bored.

Back
Top Bottom