*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
Im a bit gutted i didnt give this a bit more of a try this weekend, ive only played it to lvl7 on a wood elf archer about 3 betas ago, logged in this weekend for about 40mins, failed hard at a quest and decided i would reroll and learn again from the start then figured i didnt have much time to do so and that the games releasing soon, so i gave it a miss.

Spent the day in the park with the wife and kids yesterday but wandering around the lake thinking "looks like TESO" lol

Whats the general consensus on the Imperial Races? or any races in particular make for good classes / builds? I picked Wood Elf because it seems their racial stuff would make them better at sneaking and bows, is this true or just a bit of fluff to add flavour?

Soldato
OP
What is the PVP like in this? Is it like WOW where it doesn't really matter if you die? I hope not, but kinda guess it will be :confused:

Do they have pvp area's or is it arena based?

Probably the largest PvP zone in a MMO. With the latest PvP battles in a MMO.

Very lag free, intense combat, not as fast as WoW and great looking

Last edited:
Associate
Any race is viable as anything but if you really want to squeeze every drop of benefit out of them then Bretons or Altmer are the best bet for Templer due to their magicka regen/increase. Khajiit has the most OP racial in Carnage which is a 15% melee crit increase (works with bows too) which makes it hard to roll any other melee character as a Nightblade. Tank has the most choices with Nord, Orc, Imperial, Breton and Redguard all having something that would help tanks but Argonians could be the dark horse there for their extra health received (its either that or per hit like Imperials).

There are lots of talks from PTS players that Bosmer and Argonians need some help with their racials as you'll only play them for the races, not the benefits as they're not all that and other races can do much better in whatever class. Personally I'd just say go with whatever you fancy as min-maxing can get a tad consuming ;)

Soldato
OP
So its a open area where anyone can attack you?

And what happens when you die? Do you drop all your gear which is then lootable by whoever killed you?

Same as WoW, you can res on the spot if you have a filled soul gem, if not you res at the nearest wayshrine.

The PvP zone is filled with PvE quests around the keeps you hold in PvP. So you can gank people who are trying to quest, there is dungeons that you can only do if you hold the right keeps and the enemy faction can attack you at any point.

Man of Honour
Probably the largest PvP zone in a MMO. With the latest PvP battles in a MMO.

Very lag free, intense combat, not as fast as WoW and great looking

In terms of PvP area, Daoc was still considerably larger, however ESO is definitely larger than most other MMOs PvP areas. Also, it should be mentioned that the ESO pvp area is very detailed with all manner of interesting areas and terrain besides just the keeps and castles. Its also great to see Daoc style milegates back again.

Latex is quite right about the lag, I was involved this weekend in many large fights, often with a couple hundred people fighting each other and it all ran lovely and smooth, even with all my settings on max.

One thing I should mention is that I hope that the player base gets out of its modern MMO mentality and gets more into a Daoc PvP mentality. The milegates in ESO are very similar to the milegates in Daoc, and people need to start using the terrain and strategies that were used in Daoc, rather than just running about in a zerg like more recent MMOs have done. Sadly in the beta people did tend to get sucked into the modern MMO zerg and run from castle to castle, hopefully once release is here we'll get some Daoc style stay and defend/garrisoning chokepoints going on too , to supplement the main force.

Last edited:
Associate
Same as WoW, you can red on the spot if you have a filled soul gem, if not you res at the nearest wayshrine.

The PvP zone is filled with PvE quests around the keeps you hold in PvP. So you can gank people who are trying to quest, there is dungeons that you can only do if you hold the right keeps and the enemy faction can attack you at any point.

This makes me sad, none consequential pvp is just plain boring! (for me anyway)

Associate
In terms of PvP area, Daoc was still considerably larger, however ESO is definitely larger than most other MMOs PvP areas. Also, it should be mentioned that the ESO pvp area is very detailed with all manner of interesting areas and terrain besides just the keeps and castles. Its also great to see Daoc style milegates back again.

Latex is quite right about the lag, I was involved this weekend in many large fights, often with a couple hundred people fighting each other and it all ran lovely and smooth, even with all my settings on max.

One thing I should mention is that I hope that the player base gets out of its modern MMO mentality and gets more into a Daoc PvP mentality. The milegates in ESO are very similar to the milegates in Daoc, and people need to start using the terrain and strategies that were used in Daoc, rather than just running about in a zerg like more recent MMOs have done. Sadly in the beta people did tend to get sucked into the modern MMO zerg and run from castle to castle, hopefully once release is here we'll get some Daoc style stay and defend/garrisoning chokepoints going on too , to supplement the main force.

I do like the sound of 200 v 200 pvp battles. :D How do you know who is on whos side :confused:

Associate
Is there another beta before release? I haven’t had chance to try it out before they brought in all of the changes, and after reading the last 3 pages I thought I best give it another go before deciding which MMO I will be subbing for.

What are the rouge type classes like and is there a warlock type one?

Associate
Is there another beta before release? I haven’t had chance to try it out before they brought in all of the changes, and after reading the last 3 pages I thought I best give it another go before deciding which MMO I will be subbing for.

What are the rouge type classes like and is there a warlock type one?

That was the last beta unfortunately, early access for pre-order starts on the 30th for launch on 4/4/14.

I guess what you want is a nightblade, basically a rogue/warlock in one depending how you build it. Light armour, destruction staff and syphoning tree skills or medium armour, bow skills and assassination tree.

You could also build a viable warlock using sorcerer, summoning tree and become a vampire

Back
Top Bottom