*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
OP
Can anyone tell me please is there a group level cap limit in ESO, i.e. can a level 10 group with a level 30 and be effective in battle. TIA

If your talking about PvP, then when you hit level 10 you get bolstered to level 50 to make you competitive. Once you leave the PvP zone, you drop back down to the level you where.

If you mean PvE, then when you group with someone you get group XP, not too sure how it works at severe level gaps though.

Man of Honour
If your talking about PvP, then when you hit level 10 you get bolstered to level 50 to make you competitive. Once you leave the PvP zone, you drop back down to the level you where.

To add to that, I should mention that your stats get bolstered to 50, not your gear/skills of course.

Associate
It's great reading the Bethesda forums about this game. The game is broken because my 'warrior' can't reach that Sorcerer who is keeping at ranged and hitting me from afar (no, he didn't have a gap closer on his ability bar). It's not like WoW! This game is going to die if it doesn't get a mini-map! There aren't enough quests, why should I have to go look for them? Cyrodiil is boring. It's just zerg zerg zerg - what do you mean there are PvE objectives, scouting missions, dungeons, bounty boards and other objectives to take over? It's too hard and the computer isn't blocking for me; and on and on and on it goes.

If this game fails, it'll be because they try to pander to the people above. Those that have no imagination and no patience to play the game. They want everything spoon fed to them and they want it done yesterday. It's so depressing reading some of it.

Soldato
It's great reading the Bethesda forums about this game. The game is broken because my 'warrior' can't reach that Sorcerer who is keeping at ranged and hitting me from afar (no, he didn't have a gap closer on his ability bar). It's not like WoW! This game is going to die if it doesn't get a mini-map! There aren't enough quests, why should I have to go look for them? Cyrodiil is boring. It's just zerg zerg zerg - what do you mean there are PvE objectives, scouting missions, dungeons, bounty boards and other objectives to take over? It's too hard and the computer isn't blocking for me; and on and on and on it goes.

If this game fails, it'll be because they try to pander to the people above. Those that have no imagination and no patience to play the game. They want everything spoon fed to them and they want it done yesterday. It's so depressing reading some of it.
This is exactly what Trion did with Rift - turned it into a WoW clone because the masses moaned about stuff being too hard/complicated.

As for my weekend on beta, really enjoyed it I have to say. The PvP is as close to DAoC as you are going to get and that is a great thing. Really liking Cyrodiil atm, plenty to do in there that doesn't even involve PvP as well, although the threat is always there. The game takes on a very different angle once you get to 15+ as well, starts to open up a lot. Dungeons are a lot of fun!

On the downside, the game is plagued with a lot of phasing and quest bugs still and there are a few too many collect/kill/herd 10 of these type quests - but, you don't have to do them if you don't really want to so it's not so bad.

Soldato
Sounds like any pre launch mmo complaints to me, if it fails it will due to the level of broken quests and bugs , non existent end game (applicable to any mmo that's launched ever) and the potentially dull PvP.

Not trying to start an arguement in case the nuts jump on it, just saying the complaints in your post scritchy can be applied to pretty much any mmo about to launch.

Zenimax just need to stick to their guns and ignore the general comments and concentrate on fixing the issues that have popped from the latest beta weekend (I.e. not the lack of a minimap etc)

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Its precisely that reason, that as much as I would adore a Daoc 2, or a UO2, I know that neither would be likely to be a financial smash hit in the modern MMO market.

Take UO for example...what?! a game with no quests!? Eh!? Whats this you say, when you die someone can take everything off your body !? Say what??? What do you mean that I have to decide where I want to go and what I want to do !??

Very sadly, the majority of MMOers today simply would not tolerate or be able to handle a game in that style and it wouldnt become a smash hit. Im not saying that to be elitist, I'm just saying that a lot of players today want to be told what to do, how to do it, where to go and when to go there. (then ironically they complain when things feel like they are on rails)

Soldato
Its precisely that reason, that as much as I would adore a Daoc 2, or a UO2, I know that neither would be likely to be a financial smash hit in the modern MMO market.

Take UO for example...what?! a game with no quests!? Eh!? Whats this you say, when you die someone can take everything off your body !? Say what??? What do you mean that I have to decide where I want to go and what I want to do !??

Very sadly, the majority of MMOers today simply would not tolerate or be able to handle a game in that style and it wouldnt become a smash hit. Im not saying that to be elitist, I'm just saying that a lot of players today want to be told what to do, how to do it, where to go and when to go there. (then ironically they complain when things feel like they are on rails)

+1

The really irritating thing about it is though is them same players will then quit a month later, having ruined the game, saying it is too much like wow and wow is better.

I really liked wildstar and I think players have a choice in the wow approach (very well implemented) in wildstar or a different game. Play what suits the play style and stop trying to change others to suit you.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sounds like any pre launch mmo complaints to me, if it fails it will due to the level of broken quests and bugs , non existent end game (applicable to any mmo that's launched ever) and the potentially dull PvP.

Not trying to start an arguement in case the nuts jump on it, just saying the complaints in your post scritchy can be applied to pretty much any mmo about to launch.

Zenimax just need to stick to their guns and ignore the general comments and concentrate on fixing the issues that have popped from the latest beta weekend (I.e. not the lack of a minimap etc)

mmo's need to kill end game and stop that ****

end game ruined MMO's

Associate
Very excites about this now finally managed to kind of settle on a build for release and loving the game my highest character only got to level 7(didn't want to play too much as I really want to enjoy it on release just wanted to work out what style of character I wanted to play going for sorcerer) PvP looks like its going to be amazing and if played right very tactical.

Do we have a ocuk guild for this? Or anyone know any guilds taking players who will b playing this?

Soldato
OP
One very important tip for everyone. Even though the starter zones are boring and bland, you can do them in about an hour and the XP, loot and resources make it very worthwhile going to them before you head out in the main town.

Associate
One very important tip for everyone. Even though the starter zones are boring and bland

:mad:
You take that back! I seriously love Stros M'kai. The setting, the Dwemer ruins, the amount of crafting mats you can get :)D). It's just such a well put together, beautiful zone. All sand dunes and sunsets followed up by the never ending rain of Manchest I mean Glenumbra :D

And I will get across that rope bridge one day!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom