*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
The thing is that apparently adventure zones will be on the pts a week or so after, or even during launch week. But given the sheer amount of bugs and broken quests during the 1-20 level all the dev focus should be there to fix any issues ( if they can) - for those not aware they have had all the focus on the part if the game since they received feedback from the press beta, as alluded to in the AMA. Now it's really not hard to level up and hit r6 and there's no end game for the folks that do (it won't be just poopsockers that hit 'endgame' in the 1st month) and history has shown that any game shipping with zero endgame won't fare to well when the free month is up.

Anyway back to the adventure zones on the pts and how some folks seem to thnk that they will hit live just as folks are getting to cap 2/3 weeks into the game. Usual testing cycles for end game content is 4-12 weeks, do u think folks are going to play a nice bug free and solid end game experience or will u be paying 10 pound for the privilege of testing their end game?

Associate
Pretty spot on

Edit: ouchies

Firor slipped in a little treat into the AMA for those not aware.. They failed to finish adventure zones and there will be none in for launch.

:lol:

You're really stretching now. ZoS made this aware this week already on their website and it has been posted in the gaming media for a few days now.

Your attempts to wind people up are getting a bit tiresome now.

Soldato
OP
:lol:

You're really stretching now. ZoS made this aware this week already on their website and it has been posted in the gaming media for a few days now.

Your attempts to wind people up are getting a bit tiresome now.

Just ignore him. Its better to ignore trolls then to feed them.

Or just report him to the mods.

Soldato
The thing is that apparently adventure zones will be on the pts a week or so after, or even during launch week. But given the sheer amount of bugs and broken quests during the 1-20 level all the dev focus should be there to fix any issues ( if they can) - for those not aware they have had all the focus on the part if the game since they received feedback from the press beta, as alluded to in the AMA. Now it's really not hard to level up and hit r6 and there's no end game for the folks that do (it won't be just poopsockers that hit 'endgame' in the 1st month) and history has shown that any game shipping with zero endgame won't fare to well when the free month is up.

Anyway back to the adventure zones on the pts and how some folks seem to thnk that they will hit live just as folks are getting to cap 2/3 weeks into the game. Usual testing cycles for end game content is 4-12 weeks, do u think folks are going to play a nice bug free and solid end game experience or will u be paying 10 pound for the privilege of testing their end game?

While i fully understand what your saying and in many ways respect and regard what your saying as the truth, the fact is this game is unlike no other before, not even WHO which was arguably heralded as DAOC2, TESO is about as close to DAOC2 as we have come without calling it DAOC2.

As Tomb pointed out the RR system in DAOC was rubbish at release, i played DAOC for 3 years, i can tell you now, i can recall many many nights pvping in that game, far more than the 7 years raiding EQ and 5years raiding WOW, i can barely remember anything decent from the PVE content of those games because everything was so samey and similar.

However i can tell you about alarm clock relic raids against us and having to login at 3am to fend off the dirty albs, camping milegates with my NB and other stealther friends, logging into DF once we lost control onto toons perma parked there to farm the stepps etc. Many many keep fights, 3 way fights, getting mezzed while stealthed on the edge of a huge fight and hoping i wasnt noticed and going to get picked off, only to survive and take out 2 healers stood at the back and turning the tide of the fight.

Stuff like this will become normal day occurrences in TESO, people will sit and talk in pubs, teamspeak, guild meetings etc about "do you remember so and so fight when we took so and so keep and so and so happened" and everyone laughing and having a joke and remembering those days, not so much with pve "do you remember the first time we killed nerfarian? yeah it was fun then we got him on farm status" yawn.

PVP intrinsically feels better because you know its you vs someone else, and this pvp is better than anything thats come before, with exception of DAOC i would say. Wait til you get your first taste of a good keep siege, not like that rubbish in GW2, but proper tactical sieging with stealthed armies hid waiting for the command to engage etc. I forsee many epic tales of the PVP in TESO and what we have right now is the bone of the PVP, the meat has yet to be added, the pvp is far from fleshed out.

I still stand by my point though, its laughable to go into any MMO nowadays and expect there to be max level content on day1, if there is great but you can garauntee someone will clear it in a few days and then whine thats all there is, those types will wine regardless of what you give them because thats their nature, whiners. The problem is the genre has been watered down and spoon fed to the drooling masses of fast food gimme it now i want it right now kiddies, like ferris bueller once said "life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop to look around once in a while, you might miss it"

Soldato
TBH I hardly ever do pvp not a big fan off it in any game ive played

Apem i was exactly the same, i was a hardcore EQ addict, PVE only for many years then i watched a friend playing DAOC, he was pve'ing at the time, i gave it a go on his account and asked what there was to do at end game, what raids etc, he looked at me funny and said "raids? oh you mean keep raids?" i hadnt a clue what he was talking about, then he showed me a Battleground, and took me into the RVR zone and i was gobsmacked, bought myself an account and gave it a try during the 30 days thinking if i dont like it i can go back to EQ.

3 years later i was still playing and mainly just pvping, i urge you to forget any pvp you have tried before, bleach your eyes and brain if need be, go into this totally afresh and experience a keep raid

Associate
No laser guns or day-glo colours either newbie. Nor are there any Chua or Aurin :(

TESO is going to fail for sure for not having those in.

(just thought I'd save you the trouble of posting some other inconsequential *missing* feature).

Soldato
No laser guns or day-glo colours either newbie. Nor are there any Chua or Aurin :(

TESO is going to fail for sure for not having those in.

(just thought I'd save you the trouble of posting some other inconsequential *missing* feature).
:rolleyes:
Grow up a touch scritchy, end game is important for raiders and bubbles for those that rp

Associate
Grow up a touch scritchy, end game is important for raiders and bubbles for those that rp

It is but they've already released information about Craglorn coming in after launch so there was no need for you to post about it with such glee - unless of course you were merely doing it to troll this thread but of course you don't do that :rolleyes:.

As for speech bubbles ZoS have never, ever said they were going to have them nor did they have any plans to implement them. They don't have player names and use the most minimal UI available; what on earth makes people think they're going to be sticking dirty great speech bubbles all over the shop? Again though, you know this but you need to keep beating that horse.

Associate

Sadly your wrong regarding the bugs in levels 1-20 and your also wrong about them not mentioning it in the AMA.
Are you going to be playing this game newbie?
As I'm beginning to wonder what the point is of your existence in this thread other than to inflame any situation you can even when ill informed about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sadly your wrong regarding the bugs in levels 1-20 and your also wrong about them not mentioning it in the AMA.
As I'm beginning to wonder what the point is of your existence in this thread other than to inflame any situation you can even when ill informed about it.

I'm interested in the PvP side of the game, as stated many times in the thread. Still too many issues with it as it stands for me to even want to drop the cash and sub required.

Wrong about quests being broken? Theres plenty of info around about folks running into issues in the latest beta weekend trying to complete and hand in quests, phasing issues & mobs not spawning or responding, even in this very thread.

Wrong about them not mentioning what in the AMA?

speech bubbles have been asked for since day one of the closed beta as you know, its a basic feature of any MMO (except ToR of course, whoops!). Someone even asked about speech bubbles a few pages back. Its more an issue for those that RP for some reason, sometimes I have bubbles sometimes I dont, wouldnt you prefer to have the option? Just seem a bit crazy as to why they would be so against, what breaks immersion more, speech bubbles, or having to look at the cht box to see who said what?

Same as end game, its been know for ages that it wont be in, but recent press junkets and posters have allued to there being an end game at release.

Wouldnt have said anything if those 2 elements of the AMA had been reported, but as usual it seems that anything remotely negative isnt stated.. Just report both the 'good' and the 'bad', this late in the game people arent going to be disuaded from purchasing.

Soldato
OP

hi guys,

i noticed that people were encoutring buged quest a lot during the last beta test, but not the people on pts servers, i guess this is related to the number of player on the last beta, how can you assure us that that is not going to happen at lunch where the number of people is gonna be much bigger ?? thanks ^

We found the underlying problem that caused that series of bugs (similar problems across a wide variety of quests) that made the last beta frustrating for players and those fixes will show up on PTS on Monday and will be live for early access. We’re pretty sure we found all of them, but we will remain vigilant and will fix anything else that may crop up.

Its almost like it was asked and was addressed in the AMA, shocking really. ;)

Soldato

Not in the first few weeks it isn't. You can go all the way back to the 90's to see no MMO has had decent end game content ready at launch, at best it is in and horrendously buggy (hello Naggy & Vox) or locked behind pointless key grinds to slow players down so that they can work on fixing stuff after launch (hello MC, BL & Onyxia).

Pointing this out for ESO is grasping at best.

Man of Honour
speech bubbles have been asked for since day one of the closed beta as you know, its a basic feature of any MMO (except ToR of course, whoops!). Someone even asked about speech bubbles a few pages back. Its more an issue for those that RP for some reason, sometimes I have bubbles sometimes I dont, wouldnt you prefer to have the option? Just seem a bit crazy as to why they would be so against, what breaks immersion more, speech bubbles, or having to look at the cht box to see who said what?

I wouldn't mind having the option to have speech bubbles. I would also like to have the option to dye armour, sit in (not on) chairs etc. You would be amazed at how many mainstream , hugely successful MMOs don't have something as basic as dyes and the ability to sit in furniture (something that UO did 18 years ago).

Having said that, I still have immense fun in ESO and the lack of dyes and so forth isn't going to stop me playing and enjoying it :D

Soldato
Not in the first few weeks it isn't. You can go all the way back to the 90's to see no MMO has had decent end game content ready at launch, at best it is in and horrendously buggy (hello Naggy & Vox) or locked behind pointless key grinds to slow players down so that they can work on fixing stuff after launch (hello MC, BL & Onyxia).

Pointing this out for ESO is grasping at best.

Every MMO since WoW (like it or not) is judged on what end game there is available at release. Most MMO's launch with a semblence of an end game, as bad as it is, and every mmo bleeds subs when people realise said end game is broken, buggy or bad.

If you want ESO to succeed, you should be very worried there is no end game, PvPer or PvEer.

Edit - its one of my big concerns with WS, IMO Carbine have dropped the ball changing from a proper closed beta schedule to 4 weekends leading up to release, they should be testing the **** out of end game, or it will go the same way as every MMO of the last decade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom