*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Man of Honour
When you get full access, do feel free to look around at all the different member only forums, because TOG is so large and covers so many different games each game has its own TOG division, leaders and officers (I myself am a former TOG Officer for one of the divisions). All members are free to dip into any of the different divisions and join in with any of the forum sections, there are thousands of members, loads of sections and the members are mostly a touch nutty :)

Don't worry too about the amount you play, there are no expectations on the members, as per the guild name, its aimed at a userbase who understands the affects of family and life on gaming time so no requirements are placed on members other than chill out and have fun.

Associate
No problem :)

Just in case of any confusion when you're reading the TOG forums, my forumname there is Vladimere (my two main MMO characters are always called Vladimere and Tombstone) , so if you see people on there referring to a Vlad , they mean me :)

Also, you'll often see people referring to The Vlads, or Mrs Vlad as well. That's my other half, she is a keen gamer too, however, just to further confuse matters, her TOG forumname is Vavakooky, though she is usually referred to as Mrs Vlad.

Clear as mud ! :D

Right, so what I got from that, is that I need to log into the game as soon as it goes live and make a couple of characters called Vladimere and Tombstone. Then I can auction off the names to you at a later date; preferably for provisioning ingredients and/or racial motif books :D

Man of Honour
Right, so what I got from that, is that I need to log into the game as soon as it goes live and make a couple of characters called Vladimere and Tombstone. Then I can auction off the names to you at a later date; preferably for provisioning ingredients and/or racial motif books :D

Lol, that's a problem I often do face in MMOs, they are both very common names and I always have to be in like lightning to get them ! :D

Associate
After reading the AMA on reddit, I finally came to my senses and gut feeling this game sucks. I knew it from the first beta, tricked myself into thinking it would be better with that magical combat upgrade patch in the last beta however I ultimately realize it's just another conveyor belt MMORPG destined for F2P in a year.

Got a refund on my preorder, although I may use my free 5 day headstart to doomsay about the Scrollocaust in the global channels like a religeous nutter!

Anyone who disagrees is clearly a Scrollocaust denier :p

Fairplay if you think this will be a big timesink, but I'm jumping off the hypetrain :( Maybe Archeage will be more my cup of tea.

Associate
After reading the AMA on reddit, I finally came to my senses and gut feeling this game sucks. I knew it from the first beta, tricked myself into thinking it would be better with that magical combat upgrade patch in the last beta however I ultimately realize it's just another conveyor belt MMORPG destined for F2P in a year.

Got a refund on my preorder, although I may use my free 5 day headstart to doomsay about the Scrollocaust in the global channels like a religeous nutter!

Fairplay if you think this will be a big timesink, but I'm jumping off the hypetrain :( Maybe Archeage will be more my cup of tea.

Opposite story here.. final beta convinced me I want to spend time in this world. Well what spare gaming time I have atm:/

I quite enjoyed bimbling around in my own way. Much more so than a lot of recent mmo releases I never got past the free 30 days or simply gave up @ level cap with the f2p jobbies. Will I sub after the 30 days? Who knows - feel it's worth a punt though. Pre-ordered.

Associate
Opposite story here.. final beta convinced me I want to spend time in this world. Well what spare gaming time I have atm:/

I quite enjoyed bimbling around in my own way. Much more so than a lot of recent mmo releases I never got past the free 30 days or simply gave up @ level cap with the f2p jobbies. Will I sub after the 30 days? Who knows - feel it's worth a punt though. Pre-ordered.

Genuinely jealous mate. I really want an MMO to suck up my free time again!

Permabanned
Genuinely jealous mate. I really want an MMO to suck up my free time again!

This is kind of how I feel, and I’m certainly not one to bash mmo’s, before giving it a try, but the bits I have played of this game, left me feeling very underwhelmed, was really disappointed as on the surface this game ticks about every box for me, I just found it painful, boring and O so slow.

Saying all that there is still a chance I will buy it, if not on the PC then on the xbox one, if I ever get my hands on the CronusMax :(

Soldato
those of you not sure about this game, id say go into the pvp side of it, give it a good 30 days of pvp and then make your mind up. I hated PVP before i tried DAOC, and this game is near on identical, the pvp totally swayed my decision to stick with that game for 3yrs, the pve in it was pretty bad but the pvp was immense.

Give the PVP a whirl and then make your mind up.

Associate
those of you not sure about this game, id say go into the pvp side of it, give it a good 30 days of pvp and then make your mind up. I hated PVP before i tried DAOC, and this game is near on identical, the pvp totally swayed my decision to stick with that game for 3yrs, the pve in it was pretty bad but the pvp was immense.

Give the PVP a whirl and then make your mind up.

Once hitting level 10 all I did was play around in Cyrodil. On paper it should have been everything I'd want, huge siege warfare with a presistant campaign etc.

Unforuantely it didn't feel any better than GW2 PvP and as such left me wondering why I'd bother paying a sub fee for it. Coupled with the fact the combat doesn't really feel that awesome (which could simply be my dodgy class choice).

Soldato

Once hitting level 10 all I did was play around in Cyrodil. On paper it should have been everything I'd want, huge siege warfare with a presistant campaign etc.

Unforuantely it didn't feel any better than GW2 PvP and as such left me wondering why I'd bother paying a sub fee for it. Coupled with the fact the combat doesn't really feel that awesome (which could simply be my dodgy class choice).

Well for me it was the opposite, I went into the last beta with no intentions of getting it. I didn't even have any intentions of playing it last weekend at all. Like you, I was going to wait until it went F2P and get it as a casual MMO for the Xbox one. But 3 days after the Beta finished I was itching to get back into the game. Was really missing developing my character more. So I went and got the imperial edition from Nuuvem.

And this is despite the fact that I agree with everything in your last post. PVP at the moment doesn't feel any better than Gw2. Melee combat still feels way off and the numerous bugs in quests were really annoying. I know certain members of this forum don't like anything negative said about this game, but, it's a long way from the shining MMO that they would have you believe from reading their posts. But, and the reason I bought it, is that I think it does have the potential to that good.

Personally I just hope you are wrong and it proves itself to be anything but a run of the mill MMO. But, it wouldn't surprise me if you are right. All I know is that it's the first time in ages that I have got truly excited about a game enough to preorder it.

Back
Top Bottom