*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Associate
I actually can't find any figures around the amount of pre-orders each has received at this stage, where are you getting the smaller player base from?
Unless you're referring to beta sign-up figures, which pretty much mean nothing :)

Permabanned
I would say, as long as it takes. Could be 3 months, could be 3 years, could be never. Only time will tell.

This, though what WS has to do with the question is beyond me, you really get some petty answers on here.

Think if this games PvP is anything as good as DaoC, then it could be P2P a long long time.

Soldato
All depends on subs retention. There certainly seems to be more here to keep people around than there was in SWTOR (you can try out all the different class stories! :rolleyes:)

If they cop on and implement some sort of proper PvP progression rather than just gear (why, why is it always about gear :( ) then they might keep people interested. If people aren't playing, they won't sub, simple as that, but we just don't know what it's going to be like at the moment. I say it's got a year of being subs based.

Soldato
OP
I actually can't find any figures around the amount of pre-orders each has received at this stage, where are you getting the smaller player base from?
Unless you're referring to beta sign-up figures, which pretty much mean nothing :)

Smaller reddit community size, less active, smaller amount of posters in this forum, not really in the news and so on.

It's my opinion, since we are devoid of facts, I'm sure when we do get numbers someone will be happy pointing this out.

Soldato
What mmo's have speech bubbles?

Seriously people want speech bubbles? :confused:

"Charge that keep!"
"What keep?"
"That keep over there!"
"All I can see is wall of speech bubbles mostly from people trash talking"
"Trust me it's there!"
"Hmmmm...."

Associate
I know a few people will just think I'm whining, but does anyone else feel like the "Explorer Pack" preorder perk of being able to create any race in any faction has either:

a) made you feel 'forced' to buy the game before release
b) made you not want to play

Someone else must feel the same way as me? It's a HUGE, HUGE perk to be able to pick any faction. I'm really worried that my friends, who won't be buying until after release, will be playing races that I am not a member of, whilst if they were able to play any faction as well, it wouldn't matter. There are other reasons too, like making it feel you can only play three races if I want to stick with one faction.

Normally I would say that this is just like other games, where you pick a side and they have a selection of races, but in an Elder Scrolls MMO where they constantly say we have "choice", it feels wrong.

I've never felt this way about preorder perks before and it's seriously left me so conflicted as to whether I should preorder or not. If I don't preorder, I can't play the game. Argh! My personal situation is my partner wants to be nothing but Breton, but I hate the Daggerfall races. End result? Two sales lost.

So upset because I've played every Elder Scrolls Game ever made.

Last edited:
Soldato
There isn't any numbers for WS, new IP and 10 weeks from launch and only being in sale mode for 2 days won't have helped :p I don't expect them to do stellar pre orders though. Positive word of mouth will boost post launch numbers however.

There are figures around for pre orders for eso though. 155k for the PC in the US from physical retailers. As a comparison ToR was at 255k at the same point in its pre launch cycle.

Man of Honour
I know a few people will just think I'm whining, but does anyone else feel like the "Explorer Pack" preorder perk of being able to create any race in any faction has either:

a) made you feel 'forced' to buy the game before release
b) made you not want to play

Someone else must feel the same way as me? It's a HUGE, HUGE perk to be able to pick any faction. I'm really worried that my friends, who won't be buying until after release, will be playing races that I am not a member of, whilst if they were able to play any faction as well, it wouldn't matter. There are other reasons too, like making it feel you can only play three races if I want to stick with one faction.

Not me, I bought the game before release because I enjoyed myself in beta. The explorer pack never entered into it for me. So A) doesnt apply to me. As for B) , a perk from something would never make me not want to play something I enjoy, if I enjoy something then I will do it, regardless of what other perks people might have because *I* enjoy it.

Soldato
Melmac its post like yours that make me want to give the game another chance ...damn I'm weak :D

haha, sorry!! I am weaker than you tbh, you cancelled the pre-order while I went and bought the damn game!! :D

For the price it costs on Nuuvem, I think it's worth the risk.

Man of Honour
You planning on playing more then one character? Do you have time to do that?

Well I always end up playing more than one character in every MMO. I actually cant think of a single MMO that I've played in the last 17 years where I only had 1 character. When I play an MMO for 4+ years, I always end up having more than 1 character at some point or other. Thats just me, but I couldnt imagine only playing 1 character for 6 years or something.

Associate
Not me, I bought the game before release because I enjoyed myself in beta. The explorer pack never entered into it for me. So A) doesnt apply to me. As for B) , a perk from something would never make me not want to play something I enjoy, if I enjoy something then I will do it, regardless of what other perks people might have because *I* enjoy it.

That's the thing. I enjoy the game. It's amazing and I've played three beta weekends for a total of about 100 hours, but now that my partner is interested, I realise our race/alliance choices conflict. Normally I would suck it up, because many games have faction/race limitations; however, the preorder perk bonus just rubs it in our faces. If someone didn't have the opportunity to preorder, which we do, this SURELY has recuced a small number of sales. Am I being unreasonable? Of course they have the right to offer whatever perks they want, but someone else surely shares my disappointment?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That's the thing. I enjoy the game. It's amazing and I've played two beta weekends for a total of about 100 hours, but now that my partner is interested, I realise our race/alliance choices conflict. Normally I would suck it up, because many games have faction/race limitations; however, the preorder perk bonus just rubs it in our faces.

If I was you, after piling 100 hours into the beta and it clearly being something I enjoy, I'd buy it anyway. Why should I miss out on something I enjoy? If your partner is adamant about playing a Breton and only wants to play one of those, then you only need to buy 1 preorder, that would allow you to play with them whenever you want, with whatever you want. As they only want to play a Breton, they dont need the preorder bonus anyway as they will only be a Breton. Whereas you would be free to play a character with your partner and any other character you might want, with anyone else you might want.

Associate
If I was you, after piling 100 hours into the beta and it clearly being something I enjoy, I'd buy it anyway. Why should I miss out on something I enjoy? If your partner is adamant about playing a Breton and only wants to play one of those, then you only need to buy 1 preorder, that would allow you to play with them whenever you want, with whatever you want. As they only want to play a Breton, they dont need the preorder bonus anyway as they will only be a Breton. Whereas you would be free to play a character with your partner and any other character you might want, with anyone else you might want.

That's basically the jist of the situation, yeah. I'm willing to do that, and probably will. I just feel really... dirty, because I know I'm going to preorder even though I am appalled by some of their business strategies. I feel so hypocritical and it's made me realise how little control I really have. I just wanted to know if anyone else agreed with me about the preorder perk being a little too... good. Haha. :p

Back
Top Bottom