*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

That's basically the jist of the situation, yeah. I'm willing to do that, and probably will. I just feel really... dirty, because I know I'm going to preorder even though I am appalled by some of their business strategies. I feel so hypocritical and it's made me realise how little control I really have. Haha. :P

Look on the plus side, at least there is a way for you to play whatever race you want with your partner. Imagine if it had been WoW and your partner only wanted to play a Night Elf but you wanted to be Horde, you'd be totally stumped :D

That's the thing Tomby and something I've had out with a friend who was bemoaning the race/faction lock (and then complaining about the Explorer pack too!) saying it's something they should have included anyway. I reminded him that his most favourite MMO in the world, WoW, had faction locks where opposing races couldn't play together. He didn't reply to that.

Honestly, I think some people just want to moan for the sake of moaning sometimes.

I understand what you're saying Yosiah. It's a situation where you can explain it via lore approved means (Billyjoe the Bosmer didn't like the way the AD are a bunch of pointy/furry eared racial fascists so he defected to those honourable Daggerfall Covenant chaps :D) but it is also a bit of an incentive to pre-order; every company does it in one way or another though (exclusive mount! pre-order only vanity pet! guaranteed beta access!) so it'd be churlish to single out ZoS for doing it.

So at risk of being yelled at for not paying attention the last 82 pages.....

This started off as 'omg don't buy it it sucks'

Is the general opinion that it's worth getting now? I've been playing swtor for ages but feel I got in too late so i'm after something new :)

Is the general opinion that it's worth getting now? I've been playing swtor for ages but feel I got in too late so i'm after something new :)

Well if you have been playing Tortanic for ages I guess you will also enjoy this iceberg magnet.

:p

Pretty much yeah.

I was one of the most strident "haters" when I first heard the game was being released based in the initial information. Since that point it has completely changed my perceptions of it to the extent I'm desperate for launch and can't wait to get stuck in :p

I think the game will be a marmite experience though, I think the wow generation may well hate it whereas those hankering after sonething different/more engaging and pvp focused will more than likely really enjoy it.

I didnt really like it in the first beta weekend I had, it just didnt feel quite right or that it had enough. But as the betas went on, the devs really worked at it and totally turned my opinion around on it. As others have said I do think it will appeal more to the pre-WoW MMOer than the post-WoW MMOer. It has a certain old school MMO vibe to it, which I for one very much appreciate.

Ok so we have numbers!

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders//

According to them there are 154,772 pre orders for PC and 105k for Xbone and PS4 in North America total. The above numbers are the brick and mortar retailers selling the physical pre-orders. None of the digital copies are included, nothing from anywhere other than the NA locations of stores like BestBuy, etc... This excludes Europe, Aussies and the east. and only represents the big software houses and not the internal selling from the company itself, so the number it probably 8 times larger than that, at least..

Yes. We want to ensure that players can reap the benefits of investing more time in The Elder Scrolls Online. Because of this, we offer discounted rates for choosing 90- and 180-day subscription plans.

We also offer players the option to choose between recurring subscriptions and one-time payments, as well as the ability to pay using a variety of payment methods. The following discounts apply to multi-month payment options:

£8.99 for 30 days at once
£7.99 for 90 days at once
£6.99 for 180 days at once

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6828/kw/subscription

Is it possible to track our buffs / debuffs (all of them) and those on our group ?

You can track any long term effect on yourself. things under 30 seconds (in general) do not appear to trigger effect changed events. I don't believe you can track your party.

Hi there Pawkette, love your add-ons.

I just have one question:

How much of the combat information are you now able to access with the API? Is it still possible to make a competent combat person for your own testing purposes?

I just took this.

Hopefully it shows people that a ton of information is still available

What about incoming skills/damage?

That information is no longer available, simply how much and weather it is a heal or damage.

So I can tell I got healed for 50, and I got damaged for 28.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions this has been a super interesting read.

Are the numerical values for enemy health no longer available (as you would see using FTC)? I'm guessing not?

Are your own stats available for display outside the character sheet?

Numerical displays are no longer available for enemy health.

I'm not sure about character stats, I'll have a look in a few minutes and let you know.

To those that have pre-ordered this, what version are you getting and why?

Is the Digital Imperial Edition worth the extra money? I'm not fussed about cosmetic stuff but if there's gameplay improvements or extra content/gear then I want to make sure I have access to everything.

To those that have pre-ordered this, what version are you getting and why?

Is the Digital Imperial Edition worth the extra money? I'm not fussed about cosmetic stuff but if there's gameplay improvements or extra content/gear then I want to make sure I have access to everything.

The only real thing you'll miss out on is playing as Imperials and getting the Imperial White Horse.

You can get the Imperial Edition from Nuuvem for less then the cost of the standard edition in the UK.

The only real thing you'll miss out on is playing as Imperials and getting the Imperial White Horse.

You can get the Imperial Edition from Nuuvem for less then the cost of the standard edition in the UK.

Hmmm just googled Nuuvem and all I could find was some Brazilian site. It didn't seem to let me buy anything because of my region(UK), is there an English version of the site?

Hmmm just googled Nuuvem and all I could find was some Brazilian site. It didn't seem to let me buy anything because of my region(UK), is there an English version of the site?

Funny enough just about to look myself, if you find out let us know and what the price was in pounds.

Edit: never mind looks like would be £37.31 in pounds for imperial version.

And to the poster above I guess you going to have to set up a VPN and select Brazil as your country, if you look at the Titanfall thread explains the best way to do this.

Use Hola for Chrome, or another free VPN if you want.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fbnlmeio?hl=en

1. Go site Will be in Portuguese but use Google translate if needed)
2. Put ESO in the basket
3. Open shopping basket and click proceed from lower right corner
4. Disconnect from your proxy just before logging into game
5. Order will complete as normal and you should now own TESO cheap!

And yes I just roughly edited this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom