**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

So special edition Pip-Boy only works with i phone :rolleyes: one way to alienate your customers before the game is even out.
They said that it comes with a "stack" of foam inserts to fit different phones in. I can't see that meaning it's only for iPhones.
Hopefully everyone will retreat to their closets about the visuals now. The vids looked superb and I couldn't stop smiling when I heard the revamped fallout music kick in.

I think the E3 reveal has shown that the art style is somewhat cartoony with regards to the character design, rather than it just looking poor.

I do however think it looks odd when you contrast just how good the rest of the surroundings look, where they don't have the same cartoony aesthetics.

Also, they've effectively confirmed it's still on the Gamebryo engine too, by saying it's an update of the Creation Engine. The Creation Engine is Gamebryo at its roots.

It's nice the game finally "fleshed-out" for once with gameplay staples that one would expect, that tend to be added by mods.

However, i worry about the XP gained by Crafting first of all, secondly difficulty...really needs to be less lame, but maybe they've learnt not just to make a HP/dmg slider (doubt it).

They've finally added separate armour pieces, if i seen it right, you have whatever you feel like wearing underneath and just strap on armour to the extremities/torso, which is neat.

The base building was, i think clearly inspired by mods, but it seems heavily limited to "specific building places", from what i can gather, not unfortunate for an attempt, need to wait for more fleshing out of that.

Otherwise, its still the same (updated, PBR is a godsend atleast) engine, with likely the same underlying issues, better bloody use memory better at least...giving us a unflagged .exe file was sloppy, but even flagged for using the full allowance, skyrim needs to be hacked to use memory it would otherwise crash with, so >4gb usage availability at least.

Still i wont be touching this until its been patched.

I do however think it looks odd when you contrast just how good the rest of the surroundings look, where they don't have the same cartoony aesthetics.
Agree, though there's still a ton of time between now and release date so things can change in that respect. What they have right now is great.

Bit annoying Fallout Shelter is iOS only :(
Android has been announced too. As to when it arrives though...

Bit annoying Fallout Shelter is iOS only :(

For the time being. It's easier developing for a fixed platform where the hardware variations are very limited.

So I've got to say that I'm not surprised that android is coming later, as it's quite fragmented.

I installed it on my iPad before, and it's pretty fun.

Agree, though there's still a ton of time between now and release date so things can change in that respect. What they have right now is great.

Android has been announced too. As to when it arrives though...
As much as I prefer android to IOS, this sort of thing is why I eventually got an iPad, IOS seems to just get development priority due to its closed nature.

After buying some appallingly released games, Sim City was a turd, Total War Rome 2 etc etc I thought that I would never pre order a game again.

Damn this one got me to bite :D

I'm not sure how I lasted this long without pre ordering. Thanks for the G2Play heads up and now it is done.....

Then again I am kicking myself for being so weak as I have just ordered "The last Roman" expansion pack for Attila due out on the 25th.

Just watched some of the videos. It will still be good, but I am incredibly disappointed.

I didn't think paraphrasing would infect the Fallout series too:( Role-playing sacrificed for cinematics:(

Back
Top Bottom