**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Not had any issues.... Turned vsync off 100 fps+ and no bugs so far... Incredible game and i only completed witcher 3 a few days ago.. So much nicer going back to mouse keyboard aswell.

Soldato
If you are disappointed I will eat my graphics card.
Just switched off for a break...to play modded minecraft :p So far no flaws apart from broken subtitles but given that I played Fallout 3 to the death it feels quite samey i.e Collect ALL the things, manage your inventory so you aren't overweight and level up etc. So far I'm just upto the Minuteman quest to kill some raiders at a camp though so I'm hardly at a stage to properly judge.

Visuals look ok so far and better than I expected. UI is still clunky as hell though and the dialogue options seem a bit empty? Running on Ultra with a R9 290 and what feels like a 30fps frame rate.

Soldato
Mine is downloading a patch I think- it's stuck at 99% and doesn't say the speed or total download size or anything, kind of like it was doing earlier in the week with severs getting hammered. I'm already using the New York one though :(

Associate
Just switched off for a break...to play modded minecraft :p So far no flaws apart from broken subtitles but given that I played Fallout 3 to the death it feels quite samey i.e Collect ALL the things, manage your inventory so you aren't overweight and level up etc. So far I'm just upto the Minuteman quest to kill some raiders at a camp though so I'm hardly at a stage to properly judge.

Visuals look ok so far and better than I expected. UI is still clunky as hell though and the dialogue options seem a bit empty? Running on Ultra with a R9 290 and what feels like a 30fps frame rate.

Im at the same place as you level 6. Running 4k Maxed (including AA) not ran a fps counter yet but just played for about 4 hours without a hiccup and felt nice and smooth the whole time! Love the new loot system, defo need a mod for auto terminal if you got the skill, they get old fast!

How are we to level up guns? Ive been using a 10mm modded pistol for nearly the whole time and not noticed it say guns improved or anything? I thought I had read that is what happens like in Skyrim.

Soldato
Loving the game so far however I really can't seem to gel with the combat, just feels really clunky and hard to shoot compared to Fallout 3.

Or CSGO's shooting has ruined me :(

Last edited:
Associate
I'm getting a solid 60fps @ 4k but I've got a stutter / judder, particularly in indoor areas. Done some fishing, removed the frame cap, disabled mouse acceleration but the only thing that seems to get rid of it is using borderless windowed mode. Problem is, maximum res is 1440p for borderless. Anyone know of a way round this?

Soldato
I played an hour, escaped the vault, saved, the logged off for five minute, now when I try to run the game, it launchers the launcher, I click play and it dies.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
Despite the lack of 3440x1440 res without getting the shade bug, ive had to play in window mode at 2560x1440 to sort it. Played for about two hours, so far I quite like it. It really is more of the same (obviously) but with some quite confusing crafting and settlement stuff put in. Also took a while to figure out holding the right mouse button and dragging the mouse on the perk screen lets you see the rest of them.
Feel like I will need to watch some tutorial videos to learn how to play the new complicated features of fallout 4.
I enjoy the combat its quite fast paced and im trying to get to grips with vast. The controls are quite fidley I get the impression its made for the controller.
I am enjoying it but I wont be in a rush to get home tomorrow to play it.

Back
Top Bottom