**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Man of Honour
OK, here's an offer:

If a player arranges to die in front of me so I can revive them so I can continue with the Scout questline, I'll give them a L50 3* legendary combat shotgun with two shot, 33% extra chance to hit in VATS and +1 agility. With my perks, it does 247 damage per shot. Just let me know on here, send me a message in trust, email me (address in trust), whatever. Or make me a counter-offer. If I have it or can make it, it's yours. Otherwise, I'm going to have to buy a microphone and endure the bloody chat. I've nearly done the tadpole badges and I can't progress to the possum ones without doing that bloody annoying forced MP quest objective.

Soldato
OK, here's an offer:

If a player arranges to die in front of me so I can revive them so I can continue with the Scout questline, I'll give them a L50 3* legendary combat shotgun with two shot, 33% extra chance to hit in VATS and +1 agility. With my perks, it does 247 damage per shot. Just let me know on here, send me a message in trust, email me (address in trust), whatever. Or make me a counter-offer. If I have it or can make it, it's yours. Otherwise, I'm going to have to buy a microphone and endure the bloody chat. I've nearly done the tadpole badges and I can't progress to the possum ones without doing that bloody annoying forced MP quest objective.
I am happy to do it for you right now if either:

1: You promise to visit my player vending shop & buy something you want (I have several rare plans now!).
2: You let me visit your shop & I can buy some plans if you have anything I do not already have.
3: You have any unwanted plans you just do not want or need.

I do not have any lists as I have most plans but still missing many as well.

Not bothered about weapons at all or anything else.

Also to do this you need to have at least 3 pulse grenades (3 for me 3 for you I just made 3 for me) to self kill in the water. I even know a good spot so just follow me ingame its right near my camp!

This is how it works:

Player1:
1: Jump off the nearby rocks into the water to reduce health to almost zero while not wearing anything.
2: Stand in the shallow water throw the plasma grenade at the water while facing down so it explodes under you. This part might take 2-3 grenades each player.
3: While your doing this the other player is nearby to revive you. Then your revived with a stimpack by the other player.

Now repeat the process with the other player you both have to do it for it to count I think :rolleyes::eek:;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I am happy to do it for you right now if either:

1: You promise to visit my player vending shop & buy something you want (I have several rare plans now!).
2: You let me visit your shop & I can buy some plans if you have anything I do not already have.
3: You have any unwanted plans you just do not want or need.

I do not have any lists as I have most plans but still missing many as well.

I don't have a shop (no budget left at the moment), but if we find each other I'll bring all my spare plans to your camp and drop them for you to peruse. Help yourself to any you don't already have and I'll have the rest back for my shop when I make it. I don't know how many spare plans I have, but it's dozens.

I'll visit your shop too. You may well have some plans I don't have.

Not bothered about weapons at all or anything else.

Also to do this you need to have at least 3 pulse grenades (3 for me 3 for you I just made 3 for me) to self kill in the water. I even know a good spot so just follow me ingame its right near my camp!

This is how it works:

Player1:
1: Jump off the nearby rocks into the water to reduce health to almost zero while not wearing anything.
2: Stand in the shallow water throw the plasma grenade at the water while facing down so it explodes under you. This part might take 2-3 grenades each player.
3: While your doing this the other player is nearby to revive you. Then your revived with a stimpack by the other player.

Now repeat the process with the other player you both have to do it for it to count I think :rolleyes::eek:;)

OK...I just have to check if I can make any pulse grenades. Also, how to use grenades :) I've never used them. Well, that was the easy part. Alt key.

Man of Honour
Thank you for that! I'm about to have some food, so I left the game. I now have both of the forced MP challenge objectives and a couple of new plans. I couldn't afford the mirror ball (that must be very rare - I didn't know it existed).

EDIT: For a moment there, I thought I'd made a silly mistake when I jumped naked off the cliff after you. I'd have looked a right nodger if I'd died as well and neither of us could revive the other :) I nearly did - I had to stimpak myself so I could move to stimpak you. I'd stripped because I was expecting to help you out with the same challenge objectives afterwards, but I assume you've already got them as you suited up and left afterwards and IIRC you posted about someone helping you get them a few posts back.

We should have taken a phot. Two buff naked dudes bathing together in a secluded pool and giving each other a thumbs up...we could have put that on some websites :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you for that! I'm about to have some food, so I left the game. I now have both of the forced MP challenge objectives and a couple of new plans. I couldn't afford the mirror ball (that must be very rare - I didn't know it existed).
Glad to help ;) thanks for buying those few items!
I got lucky as well when me & @prasman did that neither of us could land on the rock in the water so it took 3 grenades each & even then it was glitchy as would not always let the other player revive! :eek:

As for mirror ball yeah they are ultra rare I managed to buy 2 spares (random grahm travelling vendor spawn & even then you have a 1 in 500 chance :eek:). I have one above my vending machines they look better in a different CAMP design to mine though :)

You can make me a reasonable offer if you want for one of them ;) (bearing in mind it cost me a lot of time & caps to find them!! :p) I put the prices so high because players will sooner or later buy them due to how rare RNG the spawns for these are. I saw none for almost 5 months :eek:;) I also have another 150-175 Plans I cannot display for sale until I sell the existing stock (now I know what a real world retail shopkeeper goes through ;)) along with another 20 or so PA mods & another 10 or so rare apparel items! :eek: Good job I never dumped all the plans a few weeks ago as I must have sold about 35K caps worth now but spent it all on PA plans @ 5500 Caps each & still need another 75K to buy all the current PA plans ingame @ vendor bots :eek:

Also found out about another rare spawn earlier I am looking for now for todays challenge (wearing the Vault tec university jumpsuit completing the monster mash event). There is a specific plan for the VT jumpsuit ingame which has a gold VT symbol on the back but its ultra ultra rare :eek:;)

Soldato
Is it me or has this gone up in price after a rocky start? What has changed? Is there more content now?
I think it got as low as £7 soon after launch
Yep way more free DLC content lots of patches & fixes more new free DLC content coming tomorrow. I noticed the price is steadily increasing now. Also when it comes to Steam later this year no more cheap keys will be sold on the keys websites so do not wait if you want to try it as sooner or later all the cheap keys will be sold out & not replenished!

Soldato
Found the now ultra rare mothman earlier soon as he saw me he flew off they have made it way harder to take him down now you need a powerful sniper rifle & must be prepared to shoot him as soon as you see him :rolleyes: before you would get plenty of time now mothman & flatwoods monster move away impossibly fast so no way to get them unless your carrying a weapon (that does not exist ingame yet!) which can freeze them on the spot from about 150ft away :eek::rolleyes:

Also just bought another ultra ultra rare plan (@ 2500 Caps!!!! :eek: :( really did not want to pay that much either!) for BOS Soldier Uniform never even seen that plan or the Vault Tec VT jumpsuit plan wonder how many other ultra ultra rare plans there actually are :eek::(

Soldato
EDIT: For a moment there, I thought I'd made a silly mistake when I jumped naked off the cliff after you. I'd have looked a right nodger if I'd died as well and neither of us could revive the other :) I nearly did - I had to stimpak myself so I could move to stimpak you. I'd stripped because I was expecting to help you out with the same challenge objectives afterwards, but I assume you've already got them as you suited up and left afterwards and IIRC you posted about someone helping you get them a few posts back.
Ha ha yeah no worries mate I already had it from @ prasman (we both died that way as well and could not revive each other several times!) but its so glitchy I got lucky with the way I landed otherwise it could have taken ages which is why its such a PIA :eek:;) you land the wrong way no way to revive the other player & you lose any junk as you have to quit to the main menu!

To cheer you up :p you need 5 x Unstoppable magazines for the Collector possum badge you now have access to & cannot buy the magazines or get anyone else to drop for you as the game does not register UNLESS you pick the magazine up yourself ingame so be prepared to spend a long time on that one ;)
Someone made a handy checklist here for all Pioneer Challenges badges!
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/bm8k6q/i_made_an_interactive_checklist_for_all_pioneer/

5-6PM Today should be the Arktos Pharma Excavator Silver & Green PA paint job & many other new cosmetic items for the new underground Arktos Pharma location ;) time to get those Atoms ready I think its going to be an expensive update :D:eek:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is it me or has this gone up in price after a rocky start? What has changed? Is there more content now?
I think it got as low as £7 soon after launch

There is a moderate amount of new content. One small new area. Two tiny new areas, just a couple of rooms each. A new vendor who trades in legendary weapons (at an extraordinary markup and you have very little choice in what you get - it's more like a lottery than a shop). Maybe a dozen new quests, some repeatable. New challenges to get arom points. New items of clothing. It's nothing like as much or as good as you'd get from mods in previous Bethesda games, but it's something.

The game itself is a bit less bugged now and a few "it should have been like that from the start" changes have been made. For example, if you sell an item you marked as a favourite item it now asks for confirmation. If your camp can't be placed because another player already has theirs in that location, you're asked if you want to move to another world to have your camp placed or to stay in this one without your camp. On release, if that happened then your camp was just dismantled and stored in bits, so you'd have to start again from scratch.

It has improved.

Found the now ultra rare mothman earlier soon as he saw me he flew off they have made it way harder to take him down now you need a powerful sniper rifle & must be prepared to shoot him as soon as you see him :rolleyes: before you would get plenty of time now mothman & flatwoods monster move away impossibly fast so no way to get them unless your carrying a weapon (that does not exist ingame yet!) which can freeze them on the spot from about 150ft away :eek::rolleyes: [..]

I have a weapon that could possibly do that. A combat shotgun with a long barrel and maxxed out shotgun stagger perks. I can reliably freeze flying scorchbeasts with it.

There is a mothman that's hostile. Easy to kill that one - it will attack you. The normal mothman isn't hostile. I don't know about the flatwoods monster/alien. I've only ever seen one once, months ago. I need to kill it and photograph it for a couple of challenges.

Soldato
I am tempted to try to get some mates to pick this up. The thing holding me back is ESO. I bought that and i must admit none of us got on with it. whilst it is now pay once to play I constantly felt the game was artificially holding me back trying to encourage me to spend money - things like limiting inventory management killed it for me to the point that i doubt i will ever bother again, and I hate the F2P mechanic of bonuses for daily log ins.

is fallout like this or is it very much a buy once and play properly without being gimped for things like storage etc to shell out more cash?

thanks

Soldato
I am tempted to try to get some mates to pick this up. The thing holding me back is ESO. I bought that and i must admit none of us got on with it. whilst it is now pay once to play I constantly felt the game was artificially holding me back trying to encourage me to spend money - things like limiting inventory management killed it for me to the point that i doubt i will ever bother again, and I hate the F2P mechanic of bonuses for daily log ins.

is fallout like this or is it very much a buy once and play properly without being gimped for things like storage etc to shell out more cash?

thanks
For 76 you only spend real money on cosmetic items all content is ingame including all the DLC free to everyone. Even then if you grind out the challenges (excluding the daily & weekly challenges which are optional but not essential either) you can earn about 15,000 Atoms (Atoms is the currency to buy cosmetic items ingame). They only sell cosmetic items (they introduced 2 repair kits as well recently but neither are essential as you get so much resource ingame).

So yes in that respect unlike ESO Fallout 76 comes with all content included & no restrictions which require more money to be spent UNLESS you like some of the cosmetic items which can still be bought for free when you have earned enough Atoms ingame but if you do not wish to spend the time doing that then you can spend real money on buying them instead.

Bear in mind when 76 comes to Steam your probably not going to be able to pick it up cheap like it is right now.

Soldato
For 76 you only spend real money on cosmetic items all content is ingame including all the DLC free to everyone. Even then if you grind out the challenges (excluding the daily & weekly challenges which are optional but not essential either) you can earn about 15,000 Atoms (Atoms is the currency to buy cosmetic items ingame). They only sell cosmetic items (they introduced 2 repair kits as well recently but neither are essential as you get so much resource ingame).

So yes in that respect unlike ESO Fallout 76 comes with all content included & no restrictions which require more money to be spent UNLESS you like some of the cosmetic items which can still be bought for free when you have earned enough Atoms ingame but if you do not wish to spend the time doing that then you can spend real money on buying them instead.

Bear in mind when 76 comes to Steam your probably not going to be able to pick it up cheap like it is right now.

thanks for the info and sorry if I am asking stupid questions. If I do not have it on steam, can i still play with people who do have it on steam or is it separate servers (or are all existing accounts getting ported over to steam?) (it may seem like an obvious question but i have some games on steam and i cant play with people who have the same game on the Oculus store so am wary)

Soldato
thanks for the info and sorry if I am asking stupid questions. If I do not have it on steam, can i still play with people who do have it on steam or is it separate servers (or are all existing accounts getting ported over to steam?) (it may seem like an obvious question but i have some games on steam and i cant play with people who have the same game on the Oculus store so am wary)
No-one knows yet its at least 6 months away from coming to Steam no official comment on if you need to buy it again or will they migrate the existing Bethesda store version over. Most likely the AWS servers Bethesda rent will remain even when its on Steam it will most likely just be a storefront to buy the game as it has 100s of AWS servers rented by Bethesda so highly unlikely they change all those via Steam. I doubt Bethesda will make any comment on that until right near the Steam launch. You have to consider even though 76 attracted a lot of negativity (some of it justified some of it way overblown) millions still play everyday and zero piracy so it has plenty of players & is likely to be the only new Fallout game until Fallout 5 & Starfield (not Fallout but will share some lore apparently) in about 2-3 years away. So no matter what Bethesda are going to continue to pump more content into this & support it for many years to come.

You can play solo anyway and team up with randoms but solo is fine most of the time just join the other players on the tougher events as & when. It will take a while for your player to reach a decent level anyway.

One thing Bethesda did really well was the game presentation most of the time its a seamless game world streaming experience in-game with some atmospheric locations & at times very pretty looking vistas to admire (best looking Fallout game as well!). It kind of makes sense that its full of robots & AI instead of people as its only recently after the 2076 nuclear war so not many people around makes sense ;)

At the end of the day for the £9.99 you can buy it for right now its well worth that so long as you understand its a Fallout 4 ish style of MMO lite with optional drop in drop out co-op, MP & solo. Many of the main negatives were overblown & so many patches & fixes have reduced the negativity a lot. Its a shared game world so you have the entire 60GB on your Hard Drive it just connects to AWS servers seamlessly to stream the data for other players & events.

Most of the time you do not encounter other players its possible to just explore the massive landscape for hours on end rarely seeing other players then if you join an event which may attract a lot of players like the Scorchbeast Queen Battle you may see up to 24 players (usually its only around 10-12 though) and when the event is over they all scatter pretty fast back to their own internal adventures within the game world. That is the sort of game it is really Fallout with optional interaction with other players but solo is also fully possible :) I only have about 1200 hours now some players have 1600 hours plus so for some of us its not a bad game after all ;)

Soldato
New Arktos event...the last 3 letters are accurate in the description of it :rolleyes: Only way to win all 3 sub events at once to get the max rewards is to have about 18 x high level well armoured players doing it all at once! ;)

Random end boss (from the existing game bosses) is level 100 3*** glowing green legendary & very hard to beat as you also have to stop it killing the creature you have to guard at the end :(

Winning this event is essential as well it gives the Stimpack Difuser Plan for the Pioneer challenge!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour

thanks

Bethesda are extremely eager for you to spend real money and lots of it to buy ingame items. Lots of real money. Farcical amounts. For example, it's US$15 for a paint job for your armour. US$7 for a hat. That sort of greedy crap. They use psychological manipulation techniques to push you into it, such as time-limited items.

However, the base game isn't gimped by it. Not yet, anyway. I think it's too unpopular for Bethesda to think they could succeed in doing so. They have recently added an item that you have to pay real money for that isn't purely cosmetic and they no doubt want to make it a pit of infinite money gouged from manipulated customers because Bethesda's greed is insatiable, but they haven't yet and probably won't be able to. Even the non-cosmetic item for real money is just a minor convenience. It lets you repair equipment anywhere, rather than only at a workstation. However, every player has their own base where they can make their own workstations and there are hundreds of public workstations all over the gameworld. All other real money items are purely cosmetic and you can buy them with currency you can acquire ingame. You will never have enough to buy everything you want, assuming you want any at all, but the manipulation into paying real money for pointless stuff can be ignored as long as you're aware of it.

FO76 is essentially a SP game with some MP components badly tacked onto it. Almost all players ignore the MP as much as possible, which is a good thing. It's a weak entry in the Fallout series, but it's not terrible and after a dozen patches it's a fair bit less bad than it was at launch. You can do a degree of MP, though you will probably want 3rd party software for communication between party members. It's certainly worth a go at £10 if you like Fallout.

Man of Honour
New Arktos event...the last 3 letters are accurate in the description of it :rolleyes: Only way to win all 3 sub events at once to get the max rewards is to have about 18 x high level well armoured players doing it all at once! ;)

Random end boss (from the existing game bosses) is level 100 3*** glowing green legendary & very hard to beat as you also have to stop it killing the creature you have to guard at the end :(

Winning this event is essential as well it gives the Stimpack Difuser Plan for the Pioneer challenge!!

I see what you mean, had a level 100 glowing Grafton monster. Only 3 of us there though so, yeah... got flattened.

Back
Top Bottom