**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
What about the non-friends you are forced to play with who will gank you the moment your group builds even a hut?? :p Strategic Launch detected(hope someone gets that reference).
I doubt it. Kids and gaming dads will complain too much. I really don't see them allowing any kind of meaningful loss and they even stated that its a soft-core survival.

Soldato
I wouldn't put it past them to offer base insurance like MGSV... They can pretty much do as they please at this point. So many people will just buy it because it has Fallout in the title, it gives them a license to do as they please.

Soldato
Not really interested in this which is sad to say. I suppose if it were a co-op online game with a few friends that would be cool. But 100% online, no offline mode, no npc’s only other players?

No thanks. Online games in this genre for me. Like TESO just don’t feel the same, they don’t feel as isolated/immersive. Having lots of players running about will just ruin it for me.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
im sure todd did say you can play it solo. so there must be npcs in game also he did say each game (server) would have like 12 actual players on it so who knows how its going to work fully until people talk who get in the beta.

Soldato
im sure todd did say you can play it solo. so there must be npcs in game also he did say each game (server) would have like 12 actual players on it so who knows how its going to work fully until people talk who get in the beta.
You can play Solo but no combat as they are not creating any scripts for NPC's. So if like the other Fallouts & you want combat you have to play vs other players which is where the big problems will kick in as over powering or base rushes & extreme levelling will ruin the experience like it does on every other online game.

Associate
You can play Solo but no combat as they are not creating any scripts for NPC's. So if like the other Fallouts & you want combat you have to play vs other players which is where the big problems will kick in as over powering or base rushes & extreme levelling will ruin the experience like it does on every other online game.

not true there are monsters and legendary monsters

Caporegime
I doubt it. Kids and gaming dads will complain too much. I really don't see them allowing any kind of meaningful loss and they even stated that its a soft-core survival.

Softcore for the baby manchildren you mean... saw quite a few of them sitting in the stage.

Soldato
So the only people with access to the Beta are those who pre-ordered and who are hyped for this online game.
I guess that's one way of getting positive feedback about it.

Man of Honour

He briefly mentioned that it would be possible to play it solo...very briefly. He emphasised that it was designed as a multiplayer game. He explicitly stated that solo would be worse. He also didn't say that the solo mode was actually solo - there's no evidence that it is and given the massive emphasis on multiplayer I think it's more likely that it isn't. I think it's more likely that "solo" in that context probably means that you don't have to form a party, not that you're the only player in the gameworld. Explore...and get killed by a group of other players. Build a settlement...and get it nuked by a group of other players. You don't have to play as part of a group...but you're expected to and the game is designed for that. If I wanted that, there are umpteen multiplayer online PvP games I could play. He mentioned cooperative multiplayer...but that was cooperation within a group, which doesn't exclude PvP between groups.

So the only people with access to the Beta are those who pre-ordered and who are hyped for this online game.
I guess that's one way of getting positive feedback about it.

Had it been a proper Fallout game, I would have pre-ordered it and pre-ordered a season pass for as yet unspecified DLC. That's what I did with Fallout 4.

But a multiplayer online game (and therefore without mods other than paid mods from Bethesda) set (to an unknown extent - how much continuity will they break?) in the Fallout world? No. I expect them to charge full AAA game price and make it pay to win as well, on top of the full price upfront. That would fit very nicely with online only multiplayer and creation club and Bethesda's desired business model.

I might, just might, buy it if it's very different to how it was shown at E3 (which I doubt very much), but I won't pre-order it. Setting a PvP FPS in the Fallout world doesn't make it any more appealing to me. A shame, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Associate
Explore...and get killed by a group of other players. Build a settlement...and get it nuked by a group of other players.
I expect them to charge full AAA game price and make it pay to win as well,

It's been stated all DLC will be free, and any paid content will be purely cosmetic. One of the fundamental concepts of the game is frequent small updates with occasional bigger DLC. They have two teams working on these respectively.
When you die you lose nothing and respawn not far from where you died.
There are no human NPCs for the reason of not knowing when at a distance if a human is a real player or not. Instead there is a variety of intelligent ghouls (The Scorched) who replace the role of raiders.
You can join friends who are in different servers. Building you create is persistent between servers, but if the space you have is taken you get to choose where to redeploy.
24 people servers.

I'm surprised this video has not got more views as it contains a lot of new information and some views we have not before seen:

Last edited:
Soldato
Building you create is persistent between servers, but if the space you have is taken you get to choose where to redeploy.

So there's not actually any threat or survival to the game whatsoever? Oh no, I'm starving better go scavenge food - or you know I could just die and respawn fit and healthy...

Sounds like any attempt to attack another player's settlement will see them server-hop and their constructions will disappear... fun!

24 people servers.

Called it :p so it's 4 times larger than Fallout 4 and populated exclusively by 23 other players? Maybe it won't be a problem after all because you'll just barely see anyone ever - so it'll play a bit like Fallout with all NPCs removed...

None of this is selling it so far...

Soldato
It's been stated all DLC will be free, and any paid content will be purely cosmetic. One of the fundamental concepts of the game is frequent small updates with occasional bigger DLC. They have two teams working on these respectively.
There are no human NPCs for the reason of not knowing when at a distance if a human is a real player or not. Instead there is a variety of intelligent ghouls (The Scorched) who replace the role of raiders.
You can join friends who are in different servers. Building you create is persistent between servers, but if the space you have is taken you get to choose where to redeploy.
24 people servers.

I'm surprised this video has not got more views as it contains a lot of new information and some views we have not before seen:
Yeah that video is a very good find :)

Sadly for me it confirms I will not be buying ever or playing even if free :( 76 is Fallout 4 MP which was dropped due to lack of time & money to finish. So Bethesda went back to finish it then split most of the stuff which worked in Fallout 4 into MP content. They mention the quests are now split up amongst players. This again is problematic you complete some of the quest then need other players to complete the rest is going to leave a lot of unfished quests unless it reverts to another player after a certain amount of time.

It seems 76 is just an MMO within the Fallout universe set in West Virginia. And going by that video they have put let complexity into the cities but spent more time on the countryside which does not really look post apocalyptic at all more like a garden of eden as its so lush & vibrant (instead of looking radioactive!).

Associate
And going by that video they have put let complexity into the cities but spent more time on the countryside which does not really look post apocalyptic at all more like a garden of eden as its so lush & vibrant (instead of looking radioactive!).

They stated the lush area is the area you start in. They specifically mentioned you would progress into more 'traditional' wasted areas.
And of course after a Nuke the nuked area is very heavy, and I think meant to present the highest game difficulty.

Associate
Sounds like any attempt to attack another player's settlement will see them server-hop and their constructions will disappear... fun!

All they need to do is retain something in the manner of not being able to fast travel when there is an enemy nearby.
I guess you won't be able to change server while you are in combat. The player might then leave with a damaged settlement, but people don't want to build stuff and have it totally trashed. It's not clear if a player can damage another player's buildings.

Associate
So there's not actually any threat or survival to the game whatsoever? Oh no, I'm starving better go scavenge food - or you know I could just die and respawn fit and healthy...

I guess being increasingly hungry gives you increasing debuffs. Respawning as so far understood is losing nothing, but not gaining anything. You'd respawn with your current fed situation. If you can die from not eating maybe you respawn at a minimal state, we don't know.

Soldato
All they need to do is retain something in the manner of not being able to fast travel when there is an enemy nearby.
I guess you won't be able to change server while you are in combat. The player might then leave with a damaged settlement, but people don't want to build stuff and have it totally trashed. It's not clear if a player can damage another player's buildings.

That assumes the defending player defeats the attackers (otherwise combat hasn't finished, and it could continue that way until their settlement has been completely wrecked)... If the settlements can't be damaged then it defeats the point of attacking anyone in the first place...

I guess being increasingly hungry gives you increasing debuffs. Respawning as so far understood is losing nothing, but not gaining anything. You'd respawn with your current fed situation. If you can die from not eating maybe you respawn at a minimal state, we don't know.

I guess it might work that way, although it doesn't really make a lot of sense (but then again respawning at all isn't exactly realistic either!)

Back
Top Bottom