**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Yeh, I remember my first OCUK Driveclub race...promising good clean racing from friendly fellow forum members.

First corner...BAM! BISH! BOSH!
I remember when the Xbox 360 came out with Project Gotham Racing 3. Ocuk lads checked in and a race setup - first corner was absolute car crash mayhem lol.

Many years later, the ocuk crew met up in GTAV. We tried to take a group photo... On a road... Which ended up in a mass fist fight, a lot of vehicles on fire and a few planes crashing onto the street. These gaming meets never go well!

Big Fallout fan, but not holding up much hope for this. Truth be told, I think I've had my fill of survival building games.
Has there been any mention of melee yet? How are they going to balance that against range?

1 of my most memorable Fallout playthroughs, was going through no.3 as a unarmed/sneak build. How do you balance that against someone with a rocket launcher?

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/fallout-5-will-focus-on-single-player.html
Todd Howard more or less admitting 76 is just the Fallout 4 MP component & 5 will return to the traditional SP only experience. I get the feeling that 76 is just the part of 4 they lacked time to finish now they have spent a bit more time on it & are trying to pass off as a full price release rather than spend big money on a proper 5.

Only way they make much content for this post release is if 76 sells strongly.

Well i was going to wait for the steam reviews before even thinking of buying, but theres no chance now. I wonder if the steam reviews and refund policy had something to do with them not using steam.. It shows a lack of faith in their game if that is the case. I just hope they don't do the same with any future titles.

Well i was going to wait for the steam reviews before even thinking of buying, but theres no chance now. I wonder if the steam reviews and refund policy had something to do with them not using steam.. It shows a lack of faith in their game if that is the case. I just hope they don't do the same with any future titles.

It’s 100% about the reviews and refund policy

No Steam is a big giveaway they do not want players refunding! Also its coming to Win 10 Store apparently as well but not at launch. Its currently available to pre-order on US Win 10 Store.

Oh my god. This is horrendous. This is the first step for Bethesda. No Doom Eternal on Steam, no Elder Scrolls VI on Steam, no Light whateveritwas-future-space-game on Steam. This is one thing I hate about PC gaming. Having games all over the damn shop.

Oh my god. This is horrendous. This is the first step for Bethesda. No Doom Eternal on Steam, no Elder Scrolls VI on Steam, no Light whateveritwas-future-space-game on Steam. This is one thing I hate about PC gaming. Having games all over the damn shop.
Its a good thing as the sales will collapse forcing Todd Howard to rethink & scramble to find a working solution to Solo Play & Steam! I think all along Bethesda are just playing us anyway as this is the Fallout 4 MP component they dropped late in the development of 4. Its not like its a brand new Fallout game more DLC for 4 turned into MMO. I reckon at some time Bethesda will rethink & make the 76 content into Fallout 4 DLC so they do not ignore their massive fanbase on Steam. It cannot be that hard to turn the 76 artwork into viable Fallout 4 Solo DLC all they need to do is script the content all the artwork is there make it like Fallout 4 Far Harbour or Nuka World DLC.

Yes, I guess as this is only a "minor" game, putting it on Bethesda.net is obviously a testing ground for them. But I've not seen any of the big publishers turn back TO Steam after having their own launcher... :(

Back
Top Bottom