**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Man of Honour
I finished at 147.5, yes I'm claiming the 0.5.

Spent all of my tokens on crap I'll never use....surfboard shelves anyone?

Yeah. Surfboard walls too... :confused:

25.6gb update now updating.

[edit]

Steam stats - 1.7gb downloaded = 10.4gb patched. :D

Total patch size is 36.1gb

[Edit2]

Still going... another hour to go.

Openreach need to pull their finger out and finish my fttp install. Been ongoing for almost 2 months so far and still have another couple of weeks by their estimation.

[edit3] Updating my second machine was so much faster. 4 minutes to copy the whole thing across the network. :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
SERVERS ARE UP!

And release notes:

Welcome to Skyline Valley! Our first map expansion of the Appalachian region. Explore this new mysterious location, uncover the true location of Vault 63, and figure out the truth behind the Lost. Read on for a full list of patch notes.

Update Highlights​

• Map Expansion — Venture south into Skyline Valley, in the heart of Shenandoah National Park, and solve the mysteries behind the ever-raging storm shadowing the region.
  • New Questline — Uncover the true location of Vault 63 to meet its residents while you discover the secrets of the storm and the Lost.
  • New Public Event — Help the thrill-seeking storm chasers get the best picture of the Storm by protecting them from the elements, The Lost, and nearby electro-charged creatures.
  • New Region Boss — Face off against a new, massive threat that only the combined power of the Wastelanders can overcome.
  • New Ghoul Type — Meet the Lost. Those who dwell in Skyline Valley. Electrically supercharged ghouls that have been driven mad. Find out why.

Update Version 1.7.12.10 & Sizes​

Check the download sizes below for today’s update on your platform of choice:

• PC (Steam): 27.6 GB
  • PC (Microsoft Store): 40.3 GB
  • Xbox: 40.2 GB
  • PlayStation: 40.03 GB

Skyline Valley​

Welcome to Skyline Valley! Our first map expansion of the Appalachian region. A mysterious location that is covered by a storm unlike any that have been seen before. There are new locations to discover, characters to meet, secrets to unveil, as well as more locations to build your C.A.M.P.S!

An Unlikely Invitation​

After finding the true location of Vault 63 you’ll work with its leaders to unravel the mystery behind the Storm and The Lost. Throughout this questline you’ll discover the mystery behind the Lost, meet new characters, and make gut-wrenching choices about the fate the residents of Vault 63.

Dangerous Pastimes​

This wicked storm raging above Skyline Valley isn’t going to keep these thrill-seekers away in the new Public Event! Help a group of settlers/tourists capture the best pictures of the Storm by protecting them from nearby Lost and electrically charged creatures. They’re joy stealers, make sure they don’t crash the party.

Neurological Warfare​

While exploring Skyline Valley, you may get the inclination to nuke the region. These actions are not necessarily encouraged, but they’re not discouraged either. Guess you’ll just have to find out what happens.

Combat Rebalance Work​

We are beginning a series of combat updates that are aimed to improve your experience. We’re starting this process with today’s update by making some changes to Creatures and Weapons. Our goal is for these changes to have positive effects on combat throughout the entire game.

To help set expectations, we expect these changes to take effect in a variety of different places (Weapons, Creatures, etc.) across multiple patches. Giving you all a lot of time to provide feedback on the adjustments being made to ensure we’re moving in a positive direction.

Season 17 – Pioneer Scouts​

The sun is out and it’s time to head on over to Summer Camp. There’s much to learn and do at the Pioneer Scouts sleepaway camp!

Season 17 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPjH83FSqjQ

Check out our [Season 17 – Pioneer Scouts article here!](https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/2NqJZC9zmanyihEhnGwe1d/fallout-76-season-17-preview)

Fixes & Improvements​

Art​

• Muni Operator Outfit Now Looks the Same When Previewed & When Worn

C.A.M.P.​

• Workshop: Enlightened Mothman Lantern should no longer display the premium icon and can be repaired individually when destroyed
  • Workshop: Fluttering Moth no longer takes up CAMP Light budget
  • The Sacred Mothman Tome camp item now has candle flames
  • Nuka world radio will now correctly sync across clients

Gameplay​

• Power Armor: Fixing a state players could get in where they could no longer craft Union Power Armor when they should have been able to
  • Power Armor: Union Power Armor will no longer drop as loot from enemies but can be rolled from The Purveyor if the recipe or entitlement is known by the player
Dev Note: With this fix Union Power Armor is now craftable for players who have bought and learned the recipe from Giuseppe or by players who earned the Union Power Armor entitlements in Season 10.

If you do not have the plan for Union Power Armor, it can be purchased from Giuseppe who is upstairs with Bubbles at the Refuge. Once learned, they will no longer be able to be obtained.

Additionally, Union Power Armor pieces will not drop as loot even if you can craft the Power Armor pieces, but they can be found via the random Power Amor Purchases from Murmrgh at The Rusty Pick. Players should only see Union Power Armor Pieces that they know how to craft drop from Purveyor's Mystery Picks. Pieces that they have yet to learn will not drop

Union Power Armor pieces will still have the Atomic Symbol on them and cannot be traded or dropped by players once they have been obtained.

• Workshop: Player who had learned to build the Atlantic City Poker and Blackjack tables but lost access to them should now be able to build them again
  • Test Your Metal: Robot Beer Stein Display Case will now properly drop from the Test Your Metal Event
  • Moonshine Jamboree Improved an issue which could block enemy pathing during the event
  • Fasnacht: Masks of all tiers will correctly drop upon event completion
  • Fasnacht: Improved spawn rates of Honeybeasts
  • Fasnacht: Added a Donation Basket near the event! Share your repeat masks with other players
  • Fasnacht: Marchers now start walking to the parade start immediately when their task is completed, without needing to wait for their dialogue line to be finished
  • Fasnacht: Increased the walk speed of the Marchers
  • Fasnacht: Will now randomly pick between 5 possible end boss encounters
  • Yao Guai Pastry: Now counts as a cooked meal for the "Eat a Cooked Meal" challenge
  • Applying the Reflex Sight to the Enclave Pistol with a Flamer Barrel attachment now shows the Decrease in AP Consumption in the STATS Menu
  • Hot Rod On Blocks & Overgrown Vehicle no longer spawn damaging nuke explosions when destroyed
  • Fixed an issue which could cause players to get stuck while turning the spit in Meat Week
  • Fixed an issue with the Damage Reduction effect on the Endangerol Barrel that allowed it to stack multiple times on a target
  • Nuka Shank now requires glass & cloth to be crafted rather than oil
  • Updated mods for the Guass shotgun, Guass minigun and Guass pistol to correctly require Science based perks to be applied
  • Updated the default barrel mod for the gauss rifle
  • Fixed an issue which could cause Fusion cores to appear empty when place in Power Armor
  • Players can now trade the Herdsman's Bell and Herdsman's Bell Rack to other players
  • Paddle Ball now displays the correct ammo type when inspected

Weapons​

• Increased the base damage of the Alien Blaster and Cryolator
  • Fixed an issue with how damage was calculated for the following weapons/mods: Auto Axe, Chainsaw, Minigun Shredder mod
  • Increased base damage for the Auto Axe
  • Adjustments to Electric/Electrified, Burning, and Poisoned mods for the following weapons: Auto Axe, Mr Handy Buzz Blade, Chinese Officer Sword, Shepherds Crook, Sheepsquatch Staff, Sheepsquatch Club, Hatchet, Assaultron Blade, Revolutionary Sword, Baton, and Vault 63 Shock Baton.
Dev Note: These weapon mods now evenly split their damage between Physical and Energy/Fire/Poison, and damage has been adjusted to account for damage being split between multiple damage types.

The Cattle Prod has also received a similar change - its damage has been adjusted and is evenly split between Physical and Energy damage. These adjustments generally represent an increase in damage dealt.

We have also improved how we calculate the falloff for weapon damage at range. We expect this to smooth out the falloff damage for weapons that historically lost most of their damage right away. All ranged weapons benefit from this, but it should be most visible with Shotguns and Pipe Guns, as well as when fighting larger creatures such as Deathclaws.

Localization​

• Fixed Various Typos
  • Fixed Some Dialogue

Quests​

• Honor Bound Fixed an issue where Vin could become hostile to the player
  • One Violent Night: Fixed an issue where the Nightstalker's VFX would be applied to players multiple times, creating an extremely intense effect
  • "Bots on Parade" and "A Real Blast" Fixed an issue that caused the objective to complete before the correct number of hostiles were defeated.
  • "Distant Thunder" Increased the objective radius to more accurately reflect the area in which Scorched can appear
  • Hell's Eagles Fixed an issue that would allow players to start the quest again after completion. We also removed the second broken quest from players in this situation
  • Regent of the Dead: Jordy no longer continuously starts dialogue with the player if the player exits dialogue with her before resolving the confrontation.
  • The quest Miner Miracles now starts correctly when interacting with the Garrahan Excavator Poster

UI​

• Items now display how much they will weigh when being placed in a character's stash
  • Score notification will no longer remain visible on ultra-wide monitors
  • Fixed an issue which would cause "You have joined a team" to remain visible on some super wide monitors
  • Added Height indicators for quest targets and NPCs to the Power Armor UI

World​

• Raider NPCs from the Coop will no longer spawn as legendary
  • The following creatures have received balance changes: Angler, Cave Cricket, Floaters, Gulper, Mutant Hound, Protectron

Miscellaneous​

• Fixed some dialog inconsistencies
  • Broken ProSnap Deluxe cameras will no longer appear in vendor inventories.
  • Fixed some directional prompts for Tax Evasion
  • Fixed an issue which could cause audio to cut out on some expeditions.
  • Green Thumb, Backwoodsman 4 and Verdant Season should now work on a broader selection of plants
  • Fixed an issue which would cause players to crash if they logged out during character generation
  • Fixed some cases where turret-mounted laser weapons weren't triggering the Electric Absorption perk
  • Updated “Complete Any Expedition” and “Complete Any Atlantic City Expedition” challenges to include the new Atlantic City mission from the America’s Playground update

Man of Honour
Just had a quick look through the new score rewards. The new Fo1st survival tent is at level 95 I think. :(

Tato generator - rank 21
Pemmican collector - rank 72
Camping cooler - rank 85

Although, you can now use your Atoms to raise your rank to level 149 by the looks of it. Before it stopped at 100. So 150 should be possible for most regular players.

Important note for Fo1st players - you can claim the score booster on the very first screen for 0 tickets straight away.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The former EA guy is really making himself known at Bethesda

Once you get to level 150 and unlock everything, the Perk Coins, Legendary Cores and Legendary modules are one time only item, not infinitely repeatable.

So a total of only 75 perk coins are available this season. :(

Soldato
The former EA guy is really making himself known at Bethesda

Once you get to level 150 and unlock everything, the Perk Coins, Legendary Cores and Legendary modules are one time only item, not infinitely repeatable.

So a total of only 75 perk coins are available this season. :(
Hmm that's a bit of an own goal if you ask me.

Took about 10 minutes to download last night, around 900mbps, started the download and went to see the wife for a while, you know out of courtesy.

Soldato
I won't get anywhere near level 150 on the scoreboard. I'm still doing the main quests and I'm only level 77. I have a loooong ways to go!
It's down to how much you can be bothered to play the "daily quest/weekly quest" games really.

I did all of the daily ones last night and most of the weekly ones too, I can't remember what level I hit bit I'd say aorund 16ish, obviously the lower levels are easier to get as they are only about 1k per lvl.

Not too much I desperately want from this scoreboard from a quick look last night.

Associate
One day after reading the recent posts and realising I could get free stuff I activated every single daily quest with the intention of doing them all, I think I got 4 done and gave up :D

Soldato
One day after reading the recent posts and realising I could get free stuff I activated every single daily quest with the intention of doing them all, I think I got 4 done and gave up :D
It's the quests in the menu, stupid things like cripple a mirelurks arm and stuff, normally quite simple if you can find them.

Associate
I found those too this morning after trying to find my playtime in the menus (still can't find it), yeah it's lots of simple stuff, I might actually try for some this time if not just for the legendary cores which I'm struggling to get otherwise.

EDIT: A fellow Fifer I see? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I found those too this morning after trying to find my playtime in the menus (still can't find it), yeah it's lots of simple stuff, I might actually try for some this time if not just for the legendary cores which I'm struggling to get otherwise.

EDIT: A fellow Fifer I see? :D
Haha yeah born and bred unfortunately, left a few times but always come back....I never claimed to be bright.

If you use steam it tells you in there your total hours spent, there is a challenge (same menu I think) for exploring Appalachia and I think that says how many hours you have spent actually in game.

Associate
The steam time may differ to the in game challenge time as I don't think the game counts time spent in the atomic shop. But it is an indicator to how much time you spend in the atomic shop lol

It may be that time in your shelter is not counted too as that is an individual instance. Corrections welcomed :)

Last edited:
Associate
Haha yeah born and bred ...

I'm so sorry.

:D

I've got it on the MS store, eventually found the playtime challenge, must have skipped past it before. I'm at 81hrs, not bad for a free game, I might buy something from the store just to give them some money as I feel I've had my £0's worth out of it so far!

Soldato
Hah, ah ken, it's just sad and I do say ken at the end of every sentence too! Which part are you from if you don't mind me asking that is?

Pretty sure I'm well over 600 hours now, I'll check when I get home (to my Fife hovel lol). I got it for about £6-7 so I'm getting close to 1p an hour, amazing value.

Played for a few hours last night, mostly getting my daily/weekly stuff out of the way, did a bit of the new stuff too, seems quite fun so far.

**TIP** dont use explosive weapons when you need to find something, I spend AAAAAAges trying to find one of the corpses personal belongings before I realised I had blown it off the edge of a hill.

Back
Top Bottom