**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
I think I’ve finished the new stuff, quite a good quest imho. I got the red railway rifle but since they nerfed it it’s pretty useless to me, can’t even reroll the legendary bits on it.
Flib I wish I could get unyielding, I have a full set but when I roll for better parts I get everything but.

Soldato
I am grinding the scoreboard at the moment, yet to head to Skyline Valley except to do the public events.

Still using an Instigating Plasma Caster as one of my mains.

Soldato
I'm still trying to gold to get the rest of the secret service armour and I need many cores. It will be a while before I get to skyline. Heck I'm still doing responders and brotherhood quests.
Remember to use minerva, her next sale has SS armour in it and saves a fair bit of gold, google fo76 minerva for location and sale contents, fallout builds is good, apologies if I’m telling stuff you know already.

Associate
Remember to use minerva, her next sale has SS armour in it and saves a fair bit of gold, google fo76 minerva for location and sale contents, fallout builds is good, apologies if I’m telling stuff you know already.
It's cool. I only learnt about Minerva last week and fallout builds is new to me so there's some reading to do whilst the kids are going to sleep. Thank you for the info:)

Man of Honour
Soz, what is SFE, is it a mod?
Not a mod in itself, but it's a tool used by a few mods.

TextChat and Perk Loadout Manager are a couple that I use.

Perk Loadout Manager is the best single mod for Fallout 76. So useful to be able to switch complete perk sets with a key press.

Man of Honour
Never used a mod, wouldn’t know where to start, help please
Sorry, been out and about.

Mods currently only work with the Steam version of Fallout 76 I believe.

These are the top mods for Fallout 76 on Nexus Mods. Personally, I use Better Inventory, Perk Loadout Manager, Save everything, TZMap, Various glowing items (plans, recipes, magazines and bobbleheads), Event notifications, Cremator boom reducer and Text chat.

I don't use a mod manager, I just put the files into the ...\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Fallout76\Data folder. Sometimes it's into a subfolder there called Material (generally for just appearance mods like the glowing items)

Then a file needs creating/editing in your ...\Documents\My Games\Fallout 76 folder called Fallout76Custom.ini In that basically list all of the .ba2 files that you put in the Fallout76\data folder in there separated by a comma. Will need to look something like this:

Code:
[Archive]

sResourceArchive2List =Glowing Bobbleheads - Green.ba2,Glowing Magazines - Green.ba2,SaveEverything.ba2,SeventySix - ATX_Main.ba2,SeventySix - ATX_Textures.ba2,BetterPatch.ba2,TZMap.ba2,EventNotifications.ba2,ChatMod.ba2,PerkLoadoutManager.ba2,CrematorEffect.ba2

SFE however, needs the dxgi.dll to be put into the ...\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Fallout76 directly.

Then fire up 76 and enjoy the new features. Perk Loadout manager is just fantastic though. :D

Soldato
I am thinking about starting to play on the PC when i get my new GPU and my pc all setup in the next week. I normally play on the PS5 and i am at rank 155 but my god is this releasee/update a buggy mess. Almost every time i go to use a bench the game flickers like mad, it crashes very often and there are times when i have to restart as things that should be interactive (Like searching some corpses, speaking to alex and some of the dialogue with oberlin just stopped working). I am slso annoyed that i cant find a flipping cremator at any of the vendors. Is there any way to see how many people are playing currently? I swear that i often get a server with about 5 people on it.

Soldato
I am thinking about starting to play on the PC when i get my new GPU and my pc all setup in the next week. I normally play on the PS5 and i am at rank 155 but my god is this releasee/update a buggy mess. Almost every time i go to use a bench the game flickers like mad, it crashes very often and there are times when i have to restart as things that should be interactive (Like searching some corpses, speaking to alex and some of the dialogue with oberlin just stopped working). I am slso annoyed that i cant find a flipping cremator at any of the vendors. Is there any way to see how many people are playing currently? I swear that i often get a server with about 5 people on it.
Pretty sure the cremator can’t be sold or dropped, it was a plan on last months scoreboard.
Yeah the new quest dialogue was buggy, if I skipped it I had to wait until it caught up anyway, I’ve never had the workbench flickering bug though but I’m in pc so maybe it’s a console bug.
When you bring up teams you get a rough idea of how many are on the sever but not everyone joins a team, it’s something I often wonder myself.

Last edited:
Associate
Just reinstalled this and loaded into a old level 58 character and i feel woefully under powered, the main weapon i have been using ,due to it being the only weapon i have a decent amount of ammo of, is only dealing about 54 damage, what am i doing wrong i feel like i have forgotten everything. any hints or tips?

Back
Top Bottom