**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Associate
Yes Bethesda talked about allots of changes in game 76, I just hope you get the warning about the nukes so you can pack up the settlement and move it but the fact still remains will Bethesda keep to their word? just have to see before I buy it.

You get ample warning ahead of the nuke, so you can pack your stuff, get a coffee and rest a bit

Soldato
76 map has been posted now in HD (click on it twice for UHD) it looks massive they were not kidding when they said 4 times the size of Fallout 4 Map :eek: But also feedback from the event last week said even though its a larger game world it takes a lot longer to travel to locations now & there appears to be less overall locations than Fallout4 so the 4x larger is a bit misleading :rolleyes:

I managed to find 424 actual map locations in Fallout 4 + all DLC to date. That excludes the 70 or so locations which are not marked on your map!
https://www.windowscentral.com/take-full-look-fallout-76s-map

Associate
Bethesda fallout 76 will be the most expensive game to play we know you have to buy the cards that cost caps and if you upgrade it cost more caps and if you fast travel it cost caps again but that will depend on how far you have to travel a cross the map and again it cost more caps the player will have to spend more money in micro-transactions to Bethesda just for the caps alone, and the creation club will cost you more money just for the mods. Fast travel it's only free if you are under level 5 anything above will cost you I just hope this time Bethesda fix the game,

Pet Northerner
Don
Bethesda fallout 76 will be the most expensive game to play we know you have to buy the cards that cost caps and if you upgrade it cost more caps and if you fast travel it cost caps again but that will depend on how far you have to travel a cross the map and again it cost more caps the player will have to spend more money in micro-transactions to Bethesda just for the caps alone, and the creation club will cost you more money just for the mods. Fast travel it's only free if you are under level 5 anything above will cost you I just hope this time Bethesda fix the game,

Do you have any links to sites detailing the microtransactions you've detailed? The articles I've read so far have confirmed microtransactions, but cosmetic items only?

Associate

seems you haven't played games the last 30 years.
one of the worst assumptions without even playing the game yet
You need help

Soldato

Fast travel costs caps which you earn / find in game and can't buy from Creation Club, it makes perfect sense for this type of game and is tailored towards you having to explore the map.

Atom is the premium currency which you also earn in game but can also buy with real money and can be spent on cosmetics only, in game earning will no doubt be limited to try and encourage spend but as far as I'm aware nothing else has been made public.
Can you please detail where you have seen what you are claiming please as I've been following this game closely and haven't seen or read one syllable alluding to your statement.

Soldato
Atom is for cosmetic items only anything else is just not accurate. Bethesda confirmed the only micro transactions are for cosmetic items.

Still do not think I want to support this game as I dislike everything except the location, map size & exploration aspects. If enough people boycott they will have to reconsider ;) It only has 70,000 preorders combined for PS4 + XB1 at this stage no wonder the PC price dropped a little Bethesda must be getting a little nervous now at the low pre-order numbers :( they probably will lose a lot of money unless it takes off soon although its only Fallout 4 MP which was stopped in 2015 then restarted and repositioned as 76 so probably not an expensive game to create anyway.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-fallout-76-microtransactions-and-atoms-work/1100-6462372/

Soldato
The game appeals to me on some level, but not enough to warrant a purchase. Although I used to enjoy multipayer games, they all followed the same annoying pattern of; nerf this, nerf that. Listen to the minority of the playerbase who complain and screw everyone else over. Can't be done with that again.

Soldato
I like the map, the atmosphere, the enemies and the lore however I would have loved to have a proper fleshed single player story mapped on top of it and with the multiplayer element being there as it is today. Similar to GTA-V but without all the pay to win, no reward garbage of course.

I'm interested as I love everything Fallout but won't be an early adopter in this case and will see how it pans out, if it flops massively servers will go and then there is basically no game as there is no single player element available to play locally.

Caporegime
This looks goddamn awful. Can't believe I wasted 30 minutes of my life watching a gameplay vid. It's pretty much just an online version of Fallout 4, but without any of the stuff which made the world fun: the actual story and lore. It just looked dead and boring, and I don't think I even noticed one NPC. :confused:

Caporegime
OP
After watching the videos with the environments etc, I am more interested. But I will play 95% solo.

Where were you guys getting cheap alpha copies? Or did I dream that? :p

Back
Top Bottom