**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
One thing did which annoyed me slightly also,was the player character who seemed to have the fitness of a turnip,and walks like one!
That is because when you are carrying more than your stats allow it uses the action points which slows you down to a crawl (usually in combat). The game does not clearly explain anything either took me ages to realise no matter what you do health drops rapidly & some perks sap water or increase thirst greatly giving you even more negative side effects! More forced Bethesda gameplay from the original pay to win game design no doubt!!

D3K

D3K

Soldato
It's designed as an MMO. It's 24 (or maybe 32) players per gameworld at any given time, but it will be different players each time. More importantly, every single aspect of the design is for multiplayer. Sort of massive and definitely multiplayer and definitely online would be more accurate, but SoMaDMaDO is a very clumsy abbreviation :)
Perhaps it was being developed as an MMO and they sacked it off in favour of this iteration, but its not an MMO. It's a survival game with a lot more scripted content than current survival games have.

Soldato
Perhaps it was being developed as an MMO and they sacked it off in favour of this iteration, but its not an MMO. It's a survival game with a lot more scripted content than current survival games have.
I think that is probably right. Its not really scripted at all though. The combat is the only scripted content the rest is nearly all player generated all the other quests are simple fetch quests. Everything seems to be built around the MMO model but its a weird hybrid design now does not work at all either MMO, PVP,PVE or Solo which takes some special kind of mismanagement to achieve that actually!

Soldato
That is because when you are carrying more than your stats allow it uses the action points which slows you down to a crawl (usually in combat). The game does not clearly explain anything either took me ages to realise no matter what you do health drops rapidly & some perks sap water or increase thirst greatly giving you even more negative side effects! More forced Bethesda gameplay from the original pay to win game design no doubt!!

I was well below my actual max weight!! It just seems even walking is slower than in Fallout 4. Also the whole eating and drinking mechanic is rubbish. Oh noes! You are dehydrated - drink some soups. 5 minutes later!! Oh noes! You are dehydrated. Even the food bar goes down too quickly.

Have any of these devs,ever gone rambling? You barely walk a few miles and you are suddenly eating and drink enough for a whole town?? You will be piddling and pooing like one for sure!! Also,another metric which was rubbish.

Meat and vegetable spoilage. Its way too quick,especially the vegetables. FFS,in the realworld vegetables don't spoil so quickly.

Last edited:
Associate
It feels lke an updated version of DayZ in it's current state.

To make this work, firstly they will have to do something about the 26-player cap. Then, there's absoltely no NPCs either, which will just completely hammer any prospect of this being any fun if you simply want to play it solo.

Soldato
The problem is that there all these quests and you know the end is going to be with a dead NPC. Also they are hinting at other factions too - like the Brotherhood of Steal,the Responders,etc?? So has anyone found any of these factions,or are all of them dead or decided to go on holiday??

Soldato
I was well below my actual max weight!! It just seems even walking is slower than in Fallout 4. Also the whole eating and drinking mechanic is rubbish. Oh noes! You are dehydrated - drink some soups. 5 minutes later!! Oh noes! You are dehydrated. Even the food bar goes down too quickly.

Have any of these devs,ever gone rambling? You barely walk a few miles and you are suddenly eating and drink enough for a whole town?? You will be piddling and pooing like one for sure!! Also,another metric which was rubbish.

Meat and vegetable spoilage. Its way too quick,especially the vegetables. FFS,in the realworld vegetables don't spoil so quickly.
The whole health system is very messed up you have to keep checking your pipboy stats screen to see what addictions or diseases you have got as they have a big effect on your ability, agility & general well being! The messages flash by so fast its easy to miss them you most likely have the Fallout clap equivalent or some other nasty rad disease ;)

Still amazed Bethesda would allow so much BETA time with another 7 hours tomorrow as this game is going to get slaughtered in its current state. Some of the animation is very bugged Ghouls walk towards you then walk on air up in the air so you cannot even shoot them!

Performance I found to be very solid on my 24 Core Ryzen 1920X + GTX1080 @ 4K but gfx are so basic its not surprising!

Try to explore tomorrow you will be shocked how little actual location content there is its so tiny I estimate no more than about 10-15 major locations & perhaps 50 smaller ones....Fallout 4 GOTY has 424 locations on the map & another 70 or so not mentioned on the map (many with extensive underground bunkers & or lots of rooms).

76 does not appear to have ANY at this stage! LOL

Associate
The problem is that there all these quests and you know the end is going to be with a dead NPC. Also they are hinting at other factions too - like the Brotherhood of Steal,the Responders,etc?? So has anyone found any of these factions,or are all of them dead or decided to go on holiday??

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure it can be done with No NPCs. It just wouldn't be the same game at that point.

Let's hope the whole NPCs thing is untrue, and once they get the old factions and quests in - with some interaction with the other players - it might actually turn out to be pretty good.

Just have to wait and see now.

Soldato
The whole health system is very messed up you have to keep checking your pipboy stats screen to see what addictions or diseases you have got as they have a big effect on your ability, agility & general well being! The messages flash by so fast its easy to miss them you most likely have the Fallout clap equivalent or some other nasty rad disease ;)

Still amazed Bethesda would allow so much BETA time with another 7 hours tomorrow as this game is going to get slaughtered in its current state. Some of the animation is very bugged Ghouls walk towards you then walk on air up in the air so you cannot even shoot them!

Performance I found to be very solid on my 24 Core Ryzen 1920X + GTX1080 @ 4K but gfx are so basic its not surprising!

Try to explore tomorrow you will be shocked how little actual location content there is its so tiny I estimate no more than about 10-15 major locations & perhaps 50 smaller ones....Fallout 4 GOTY has 424 locations on the map & another 70 or so not mentioned on the map (many with extensive underground bunkers & or lots of rooms).

76 does not appear to have ANY at this stage! LOL

It also seems all the factions you read about all "conveniently" died before you leave the vault.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure it can be done with No NPCs. It just wouldn't be the same game at that point.

Let's hope the whole NPCs thing is untrue, and once they get the old factions and quests in - with some interaction with the other players - it might actually turn out to be pretty good.

Just have to wait and see now.

The Fallout 76 wiki kind of gives a list of each faction and what happened to them. The only question mark is over the Raider called Rose.

Associate
It also seems all the factions you read about all "conveniently" died before you leave the vault.

The Fallout 76 wiki kind of gives a list of each faction and what happened to them. The only question mark is over the Raider called Rose.

It all sounds like a mess at the moment, so I'm just going to wait and see what transapires.

Soldato

The entire game world is so empty & barren is why! try exploring for a while on the final beta this evening it will not take long to realise how little content is here locations especially are very very low in number. Fallout 4 GOTY had 424 on the map (many major locations) plus another 70 or more unmarked. 76 does not appear to have a single underground location which consists of more than a few rooms LOL! The actual 76 map is quite literally all there is it seems the few icons here & there appear to be the only locations :eek: none have more than a few rooms its so empty & devoid of interesting lore. I went this evening Bottom south to Top north on the map then the extreme map parts East & West could not find anything at all worth mentioning other than it aint worth the effort in doing so! 76 might as well be on the barren surface of the moon!

Soldato
6.)Performance on a Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX1080 at the max settings allowed,was more or less a constant 60FPS at qHD,and only a quick turn would have FPS drop below that.
7.)The engine seems to spread core load a bit better than before,but it still seems to push one or two cores.
8.)The world feels empty - its not so bad if you are levelling up,and want to explore though. However,I can see it being an issue longterm,and as there are no live NPCs it will make the rewards seem hollow.
12.)The intro video dipped below 60FPS(!)

See my previous post. After turning off the fps limiter option in the settings, and changed the game to fullscreen the FPS in the Vega 64 jump to 178 with some dips to 150. (2560x1440) Had to activate the driver fps cap to 144 to stay in Freesync range.
The menu jump to 2500ish FPS also.

Before that change, the game was a slideshow.

Soldato
It all sounds like a mess at the moment, so I'm just going to wait and see what transapires.
The entire game world is so empty & barren is why! try exploring for a while on the final beta this evening it will not take long to realise how little content is here locations especially are very very low in number. Fallout 4 GOTY had 424 on the map (many major locations) plus another 70 or more unmarked. 76 does not appear to have a single underground location which consists of more than a few rooms LOL! The actual 76 map is quite literally all there is it seems the few icons here & there appear to be the only locations :eek: none have more than a few rooms its so empty & devoid of interesting lore. I went this evening Bottom south to Top north on the map then the extreme map parts East & West could not find anything at all worth mentioning other than it aint worth the effort in doing so! 76 might as well be on the barren surface of the moon!

Yeah,Fallout 4 was very densely packed and this game seems to have gone bsckwards in that regards.

See my previous post. After turning off the fps limiter option in the settings, and changed the game to fullscreen the FPS in the Vega 64 jump to 178 with some dips to 150. (2560x1440) Had to activate the driver fps cap to 144 to stay in Freesync range.
The menu jump to 2500ish FPS also.

Before that change, the game was a slideshow.
Not a good idea to have the FPS much over 60 in this game. Like all Creation Engine based games FPS is linked with physics. Also wasn't AMD and Bethesda meant to be working together? AMD cards should be fine without fiddling about!!

Soldato
Yeah,Fallout 4 was very densely packed and this game seems to have gone bsckwards in that regards.

Not a good idea to have the FPS much over 60 in this game. Like all Creation Engine based games FPS is linked with physics. Also wasn't AMD and Bethesda meant to be working together? AMD cards should be fine without fiddling about!!

Yet it has a FPS limiter on the Vega 64, and without switching it off, it a slideshow and the Vega just getting bored and goes to sleep.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
il be honest from a few videos of pc play through's iv watched the game doesnt look like it hits a locked 60 much of the time let alone when theirs action going . really am baffled by the state of it .

Soldato
il be honest from a few videos of pc play through's iv watched the game doesnt look like it hits a locked 60 much of the time let alone when theirs action going . really am baffled by the state of it .

When unlocked the hard cap (and set exclusive fullscreen) I was between 150-178fps at 2560x1440 on just Turbo mode (260W cap on low power BIOS with watercooled Vega 64 reference) on Ultra preset.
Had to turn on the FPS limiter on the drivers to keep it inside the freesync range (30-144). Before doing so, the game was a slideshow.

Soldato
When unlocked the hard cap (and set exclusive fullscreen) I was between 150-178fps at 2560x1440 on just Turbo mode (260W cap on low power BIOS with watercooled Vega 64 reference) on Ultra preset.
Had to turn on the FPS limiter on the drivers to keep it inside the freesync range (30-144). Before doing so, the game was a slideshow.

I would never play a Creation based game at high FPS - I tried it for the LOLs with Fallout 4 and it was hilarious. If you shot someone,they ended up flying into the sky. Lock picking was like being on some kind of drug. Physics and FPS is linked in the engine!!

If you use Radeon Chill,set the target to 60FPS.

Back
Top Bottom