**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Permabanned
Really don’t like fallout series visual/art style, it’s always looked so low budget and half arsed all the way down to the ugly HUD etc. The AI animations etc are always terrible as well and the conversations awkward as hell. Just don’t get the hype around the series whatsoever, I dont feel like it does anything particularly well.

Caporegime
OP
Really don’t like fallout series visual/art style, it’s always looked so low budget and half arsed all the way down to the ugly HUD etc. The AI animations etc are always terrible as well and the conversations awkward as hell. Just don’t get the hype around the series whatsoever, I dont feel like it does anything particularly well.
The exit is that-a-way. :p ^

Soldato
Well kiss the Fallout we know goodbye. This is basically always online Rust... With what looks like the FO4 engine. Whilst you can play solo on a server by yourself the game will always be online - think GTA Online style.

VATS is out as a result of the above. The game is a full on FPS for the most part. You can group up with online friends and establish bases or raid them.... And nukes are available. (faceplam)

Going to properly watch the video now but from what I've read, I'm out. This isn't RPG Fallout anymore, especially with VATS removed it is just Rust online, not a bad thing mind you but I would like an RPG.

------
* World size is 4x bigger than F4.
* There are seamless servers containing dozens of players.
* Progression is tied to your player and 'goes with you'. You don't lose anything upon death.
* There's a new rendering system in place to see a lot more detail especially draw distance You can see weather systems from afar.
* VATS looks to be out. It hasn't been shown in the videos at all, yet the HUD has an AP meter - possibly for Sprinting purposes?
* Characters are level based and can dabble in crafting.
* Legendary creatures such as the Mothman and and Grafton monster are in.
* You and friends can build wherever you wish and move that structure to wherever you want...
* Your bases can be attacked by monsters of varied types. Turrets are your defence as well as your fellow teammates.
* There is a 'Photo/poser' mode with lens effects. You can take group pics in realtime but be mindful of nearby threats...
* Nuclear silos are ingame and player/s have the ability to obtain launch key codes to launch a nuke anywhere on the map... Monsters can drop the codes.
* There will be a Online Beta.
* Special editions of the game come with a glow in the dark map.
* 14th November 2018 release.
* Monsters are level based.
* Nothing mentioned about modding or the Creation Club just yet.
* Your quest is given to you by the Overseer at the start of the game, and if takes you through most the world. Think 'Epic' quests from most mmos.
* The 'Howler' in the crowd, who is also in the MS video needs to be shot. Most likely a employee.

Last edited:
Associate
This one is a Dead End for me. I could not be bothered to finish Fallout 4,first time for a Bethesda.

I see the Teaser Trailer is out for ElderScrolls 6 if the graphic engine is anything like what it was in Fallout 4 they can forget it.

Soldato
Maybe if you watched the stage show or read what people have said you would realise you can play this as single player too.

You fail

I haven't watched the video you refer to but I have read some of what's been released about the game in the media.....

Speaking at Bethesda's E3 2018 showcase, game director Todd Howard announced that Fallout 76 is "entirely online, but that isn't to say its a massively multiplayer game though -- it's more like a more like a "shared world" shooter, similar to games like Destiny. When you play the game, you'll be on a map with a dozen or so other players. Not hundreds, not thousands - just few. It is the apocalypse, after all.

Like I said if that's true its a no sale for me (and I suspect quite a lot of other people) MP doesn't seem a good fit for the Fallout universe for me and some others here it would seem

Associate
OKAY OCUK

We need to organise a ocuk fallout 76 faction.

Seeing as there are nuclear missile silos plotted around the map, I suggest we all band together and commandeer a silo to build a massive base around to secure our world wide dominance.

Man of Honour
Well kiss the Fallout we know goodbye. This is basically always online Rust... With what looks like the FO4 engine. Whilst you can play solo on a server by yourself the game will always be online - think GTA Online style.

VATS is out as a result of the above. The game is a full on FPS for the most part. You can group up with online friends and establish bases or raid them.... And nukes are available. (faceplam)

Going to properly watch the video now but from what I've read, I'm out. This isn't RPG Fallout anymore, especially with VATS removed it is just Rust online, not a bad thing mind you but I would like an RPG.

------
* World size is 4x bigger than F4.
* There are seamless servers containing dozens of players.
* Progression is tied to your player and 'goes with you'. You don't lose anything upon death.
* There's a new rendering system in place to see a lot more detail especially draw distance You can see weather systems from afar.
* VATS looks to be out. It hasn't been shown in the videos at all, yet the HUD has an AP meter - possibly for Sprinting purposes?
* Characters are level based and can dabble in crafting.
* Legendary creatures such as the Mothman and and Grafton monster are in.
* You and friends can build wherever you wish and move that structure to wherever you want...
* Your bases can be attacked by monsters of varied types. Turrets are your defence as well as your fellow teammates.
* There is a 'Photo/poser' mode with lens effects. You can take group pics in realtime but be mindful of nearby threats...
* Nuclear silos are ingame and player/s have the ability to obtain launch key codes to launch a nuke anywhere on the map... Monsters can drop the codes.
* There will be a Online Beta.
* Special editions of the game come with a glow in the dark map.
* 14th November 2018 release.
* Monsters are level based.
* Nothing mentioned about modding or the Creation Club just yet.
* Your quest is given to you by the Overseer at the start of the game, and if takes you through most the world. Think 'Epic' quests from most mmos.
* The 'Howler' in the crowd, who is also in the MS video needs to be shot. Most likely a employee.

Thanks for the summary. It sounds like it sucks hard for the RPG fans.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Good luck with that, the time difference between new Vegas and fallout 4 will likely happen again as I can see this being their long term project.
Not in a rush. Can always play Fallout 4 again if I ever fancy it. Don’t remember much from that game anyway. Was not as memorable as Fallout 3 and Vegas which I really enjoyed back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom