**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
The person you were replying to said nothing about anything to do with grinding and nothing to do with anything cosmetic:
Now the PA lights are vastly overpowered!

The game is absolutely built around grinding forever though. Perhaps when you have put in several 100 hours you will understand that it has everything to do with eventually Bethesda hope you will buy something, anything with real money to boost the games bottom line. Sooner or later they will make something cosmetic some players might just want to buy its the ONLY thing keeping the game viable right now as there is no end game whatsoever once you drop a nuke no story end to understand just an endless grind to get better equipment, plans or mods.

The game does not magically change when you reach level 50,100 or much higher. You get access to higher quality weapons & armour & can carry more stuff & have all the Perks unlocked eventually.

Eventually most players will leave the game unless they see something else they want to do like the free to all DLC (which will most likely end up being backtracked as free like they did on the Fallout 4 DLC doubling the price but still many players lapped that up :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Soldato
Now the PA lights are vastly overpowered!

The game is absolutely built around grinding forever though. Perhaps when you have put in several 100 hours you will understand that it has everything to do with eventually Bethesda hope you will buy something, anything with real money to boost the games bottom line. Sooner or later they will make something cosmetic some players might just want to buy its the ONLY thing keeping the game viable right now as there is no end game whatsoever once you drop a nuke no story end to understand just an endless grind to get better equipment, plans or mods.

The game does not magically change when you reach level 50,100 or much higher. You get access to higher quality weapons & armour & can carry more stuff & have all the Perks unlocked eventually.

Eventually most players will leave the game unless they see something else they want to do like the free to all DLC (which will most likely end up being backtracked as free like they did on the Fallout 4 DLC doubling the price but still many players lapped that up :rolleyes:).

They announced the plan for adding further quests and events at some point in the year.

But yes, the rest of it is a bit of a grind. I mean take a look at the challenge system. Collecting bobbleheads and magazines is one thing. But to have to kill 1011 robots with a blunt weapon is very much a grind.

I'm pretty much at the stage where I've completed the game now in its current state. My focus now is to hunt for plans & recipes, finish off the magazine and bobblehead collections. Then set my character up with a decent mix of high-end weapons and armour.

So there's still a fair bit to do.

Soldato
  • Trade: Changed caps limit for player-to-player trades from 5000 to 25000.

I'm glad about this change as well.

Buying high-level legendary weaponry which most of the time costs well over 5000 caps. It's a pretty bricking moment when you're handing over thousands of caps to the seller for a filler item before they actually sell you the real thing. Most of the community seems pretty trustworthy, but you just never know.

Soldato
I'm glad about this change as well.

Buying high-level legendary weaponry which most of the time costs well over 5000 caps. It's a pretty bricking moment when you're handing over thousands of caps to the seller for a filler item before they actually sell you the real thing. Most of the community seems pretty trustworthy, but you just never know.
You could always earn it yourself I guess ;)

Soldato
I've not even spotted the challenge system! Where do you find those?
Bring up the map screen its the top left hand corner button to bring the menu up ingame then look down there. These challenges give you about 7000 Atoms for free just by playing the game & following whatever the requirement is. There is also a daily & weekly challenges quest just do those regular to earn another 350-500 Atoms per week. This means you can purchase cosmetic items from the Atomic Shop without ever having to use real money to buy Atoms ;) Since the first beta I have earned about 7000 Atoms now & bought 4 x Power Armour skins & almost have enough to buy another :)

Soldato
They announced the plan for adding further quests and events at some point in the year.

But yes, the rest of it is a bit of a grind. I mean take a look at the challenge system. Collecting bobbleheads and magazines is one thing. But to have to kill 1011 robots with a blunt weapon is very much a grind.

I'm pretty much at the stage where I've completed the game now in its current state. My focus now is to hunt for plans & recipes, finish off the magazine and bobblehead collections. Then set my character up with a decent mix of high-end weapons and armour.

So there's still a fair bit to do.
I completed all the quests weeks ago now I am just trying to finish as many Challenges as I can (I have about 95% of those all done as well) then like you just playing for fun trying to get highend weapons & a few more Power Armour you can never have enough ;)

Man of Honour
The game is absolutely built around grinding forever though. Perhaps when you have put in several 100 hours you will understand that it has everything to do with eventually Bethesda hope you will buy something, anything with real money to boost the games bottom line. [..]

I knew that before I even bought the game, let alone played it. It's an inherent part of an online-only game.

Man of Honour
@Angilion I assume you meant "hand made" rather than "home made".

I bought these plans off another player for 1200 caps.

Yes, that's what I meant. Hand made at home :)

I found a L45 hand made gun. Would there be any advantage with one I made myself apart from the higher condition due to my stats and perks? Can you craft a >L45 hand made gun if the have the plan (and the levels)?

Soldato
So a load of people have got access to the Fallout 76 Developer room that contains every single item in the game and allows you to to remove them to your inventory, seems they are being sold for real money as well.
There are even unreleased items in there as well as a human NPC called Woody...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ret-developer-room-which-contains-a-human-npc

Avoid that content its an instant ban they are going through & banning any accounts who have accessed it. Also, when they have finished that ban wave they will most likely ban any account who has content bought from anyone entering the dev room.

Soldato
Avoid that content its an instant ban they are going through & banning any accounts who have accessed it. Also, when they have finished that ban wave they will most likely ban any account who has content bought from anyone entering the dev room.

All your inventory items are tracked Bethesda can tell what you have & when you have it at all times so best to play safe & play the game the way it was intended to be played.

Soldato
Yes, that's what I meant. Hand made at home :)

I found a L45 hand made gun. Would there be any advantage with one I made myself apart from the higher condition due to my stats and perks? Can you craft a >L45 hand made gun if the have the plan (and the levels)?

I've just checked lvl45 is the max. If it's not legendary then i think the only difference would be the condition levels when created.

Associate
I love fallout so got this a few weeks ago on the cheap to try it. I just can not get into it, having no npc just does not seem right. I can not be bothered to read every terminal!

Are most people playing with others or going solo?

Soldato
Soldato
I love fallout so got this a few weeks ago on the cheap to try it. I just can not get into it, having no npc just does not seem right. I can not be bothered to read every terminal!

There are npc robots. You'll kind of get used to it. I don't find the lack of human npc's that big of a deal tbh.

I would say mostly solo, but have teamed up with some of the guys on here for a few things. Both ways are enjoyable.

Soldato

Solo most of the time but I have had some great fun with some other guys here @ Semple & @ Steve45

Best way to play is walk & explore the epic vast map to unlock all locations then do the combat as you go to & from them then try the missions & quests last of all when you are a higher level. Game is bit of a grind until you start to hit the early 20's just keep playing it gradually grows on you. This is more of an alternative Fallout 4 DLC type experience than anything else at least that is how I regard it ;)

Back
Top Bottom