**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Man of Honour
So here's a weird problem:

In some interior locations, I now get stuck. I can jump, but not move. I did some testing and found these things out:

1) It's far less common outside of power armour. Exploring locations at L62 in high level zones in just your underpants is a really bad idea, though, and I did once get stuck anyway.
2) Sometimes if I jump in a direction I become able to move, but I stick again as soon as I stop moving.
3) If stuck in power armour, I can move by switching to 3rd person and holding W and D simultaneously. I have no idea why that would work and discovered it by accident.

This has only occured since the last patch. It's a bit of a problem.

Soldato

In some interior locations, I now get stuck. I can jump, but not move. I did some testing and found these things out:

1) It's far less common outside of power armour. Exploring locations at L62 in high level zones in just your underpants is a really bad idea, though, and I did once get stuck anyway.
2) Sometimes if I jump in a direction I become able to move, but I stick again as soon as I stop moving.
3) If stuck in power armour, I can move by switching to 3rd person and holding W and D simultaneously. I have no idea why that would work and discovered it by accident.

Been like that since day 1 of the beta for me go in & out of a PA suit usually gets you free but even then I have gotten stuck in a PA suit for no reason & had to quit to the main menu to reset the view :( The landscape is so large the Bethesda QA obviously never got that far :rolleyes: another reason horrible glitch is PA mods have been going missing & Bethesda are still unable to patch as they do not yet know the cause :eek:

Soldato
I ignore scorchbeasts not because they're a problem but because they're not worth the ammo needed to kill them.

Yeah scorchbeasts are more of an annoyance now, ammo isn't the issue, i can pretty much 3/4-hit-kill them once they've landed (and assuming they don't bug out and regen health). It's more to do with the useless junk that they drop. TBH i'd much rather they up the difficulty and start adding better drops.

Soldato
Also with regards to caps you can only farm 1400 per day so once you have farmed that amount from the vendors you have to wait a day before they have any caps to trade with again. When they show 0 Caps after you enter & renter the shop a few times is the only clue you get of this! This does not affect player to player transactions just the vendors. I'm finding now I can make 1400 Caps easily just selling all the unwanted, Mentats, Water & other aids I gather just scavving all day long!

I'm glad you're finally making some caps :D.

WRT the 0 caps available glitch, if you know for certain that you've not been in 24 hours, you can still sell something to him and the caps available then becomes revealed. If you're uncertain, it'll just say vendor doesn't have enough caps if it's truly at zero.

I remember getting stuck in certain places not long after game launch, but can't recall anything recently.

:rolleyes: another reason horrible glitch is PA mods have been going missing & Bethesda are still unable to patch as they do not yet know the cause :eek:

I've not heard about this one? Got anymore info?

I knew about the bulking glitch that consumed your mod to make bulk steel was one that really irritated players. A good few weeks back there was a guy on reddit selling 3 of the x-01 Jetpacks, after he'd gained some interest, he came back to say he was fuming that he'd lost them all after bulking up steel.

Soldato
https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1085612681300721664
Rare animated Perk Cards that's a new one on me I just get duplicates after getting to level 116 :rolleyes:

Also, Bethesda tweeted yesterday about the carrying Toys gives you Rad resistance but did not mention which ones & it seems none give any on PC :rolleyes: they cannot even get this info right on their own promotions :eek: what hope is there for them to actually fix the broken game!

Soldato
I'm glad you're finally making some caps :D.

WRT the 0 caps available glitch, if you know for certain that you've not been in 24 hours, you can still sell something to him and the caps available then becomes revealed. If you're uncertain, it'll just say vendor doesn't have enough caps if it's truly at zero.
Not buying all the PA plans & mods helps!

I've not heard about this one? Got anymore info? Cannot find it just now but on the official forums they acknowledged they were looking into it as several players had logged support tickets saying mods just vanished ingame so its affecting more than 1 person.
The state of the game right now is not really great they are fixing some stuff but the real important features & fixes are just not happening I suspect sooner or later they are just going to cut their losses & either dump it on Steam so it can be played locally on PC with mods & move the top devs onto Starfield & Fallout 5. I just cannot see the game crawling along as it is. Consoles sold well but PC less so their server hosting costs must be astronomical considering how much data gets consumed after you play for a while :eek:

Soldato
Will check what animated cards i have later.

Although from the sounds of it, there's no extra benefit, and it's not like you can sell them, nor even show it off - so not really seeing the point in them tbh.

Soldato
This is getting ridiculous now just had to melee fight 3 x Level 80 scorchbeast queens for a basic event with no drops except 2 furniture plans!
nczjfq.jpg

Soldato
This is getting worse :eek: either hackers have run amok or Bethesda have done something to nerf further :rolleyes: Whitesprings is currently spawning lvl1 eyebots ONLY no high value XP enemies at all except for Tek Systems. Bethesda should clarify who exactly they want to play their game very few nukes have been dropped this week either players are leaving rapidly due to all the nerfing & bugs or the game has a serious issue and needs hotfix server maintenance. 3 out of 10 chance of a Legendary drop is not even worth the ammo or Stimpacks right now!

Bethesda most likely just want people who will play forever & buy the occasional Atomic Shop item with real money it seems like they are intentionally driving players away after all :rolleyes: The way the game is going the last few days its declining rapidly which is saying a lot as it was already in need of drastic help from gamers playing more NOT less :(

Soldato
Latest Inside The Vault confirms its going to get worse more nerfs coming & completely missing the point of trying to keep the game fresh it seems! Talk about tone deaf to the real issues :rolleyes:
https://fallout.bethesda.net/articl...Z/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-january-17-2019
Fallout 76 – Inside the Vault: January 17, 2019
So far this week we’ve closed out over 150 bugs and we’ve got more fixes on the way. Thank you so much for your vigilant reporting of issues, providing feedback and giving us your suggestions.

We want to have conversations with you – whether that’s about patches, new content or things you want to know about. We’re working on sharing as many details with you as possible, and we’re excited to share new details and clues on updates and additions to the game in the coming weeks.
We’re also going to iterate on Inside the Vault as well (timing, the information it includes, diving deep into some specific fixes, and why it’s taking us a little longer to fix others) these weekly updates will be your one-stop shop for Fallout 76 info.

Keep talking to us. We can’t answer everything but please keep giving us your thoughts and we’ll keep sharing with you. Just because we’re not posting in other places as often, doesn’t mean we’re not seeing what you’re taking the time to write and seeing how we can act on it to make Fallout 76 even better.

A Message on Exploits
We want Fallout 76 to be a happy and healthy world for all players, and we know that there are concerns with players finding and abusing exploits. We’re working hard to find, fix, and address these as they show up. The number of players raising these to our attention has been incredibly helpful in our process of getting to the bottom of these exploits and we greatly appreciate it. We want you to know that we take these exploits and those abusing them VERY seriously.

Once identified, we work very closely with our Support team to remove problem players that are abusing these exploits - whether that’s the duping exploits or those using cheat apps or mods to access areas in-game that are otherwise inaccessible (and unintended) for players in the game world. As we continue to change the game, we fully expect to identify new issues, but we will continue track and resolve exploits.

If you think you are experiencing an exploit, stop using it immediately and let our Support team know in a ticket.

If you feel you have experienced an issue regarding another player, including observing them using an exploit, we encourage you let our support team know by submitting a ticket here.

Latest on Patch 5
Early feedback from all of you on the latest patches has been very positive. It continues to help us to squash bugs with Super Sledge-like authority in future updates. Keep the awesome feedback coming – it’s making a big difference!
We’re still targeting the end of the month for Patch 5, which will have another big wave of fixes. As a change moving forward, we will be working to make sure that Inside the Vault is the first place you see Patch Notes released. Patch 5 notes won’t be finalized until later in the month, but we want to give some more information on a couple planned changes for Patch 5.
Changes to the Two-Shot Legendary Mod: The Two-Shot Legendary Mod will be undergoing a few balance changes in this next patch. We know that there has been some frustration over how powerful this mod is, especially when it comes to being the victim of it. With Patch 5, the damage bonus for Two Shot legendary modded weapons has been reduced to +25% damage, and the Two Shot legendary mod can no longer be looted in the world.
  • Mod Scrapping No More: We are aware of the aggravation involving mods being accidentally scrapped. Patch 5 will be implementing a fix so that loose weapon and armor mods must be scrapped manually to be used in crafting and repair.

Want to help us shape in-game Events?
As we’ve stated time and again, your feedback is crucial to making appropriate changes and improving the overall player experience. This week we’d like to hear your thoughts specifically on in-game Events. Specifically, aspects of Events that you really enjoy and want to see us double down on, and areas we can improve.
Please share your feedback in our forums here or join our friends at Reddit to let us know what you think. Some of our biggest questions include:
Which events do you feel are most rewarding to you?
  • Which events do you not care about doing or dislike? Why?
  • Which events do you prefer to play in a team vs. solo? Why?
  • What types of events would you like to see in the game?
  • How do you join events? Do you fast travel? Do you go to a location expecting to start an event?
  • How would you feel about bonuses for completing a daily or weekly event?
Because players come into Events at various stages in time, another thing we’re talking about is how to provide you with a greater sense of the Event’s current status. We know it can be disheartening to spend your hard-earned Caps travelling to a location – only to discover upon arrival that the Event has already concluded. We’re still working through this to come up with a resolution. Providing your feedback to our questions and any further information you’d like to share on Events will help us come to a better solution to any frustrations you may be having.

Because we’re getting more and more of the launch bugs addressed, we expect our Inside the Vault features to focus more on quality of life improvements and new/free content arriving in the game.

A Little Down the Line
You may recall late last year we mentioned we’re working on a new way of playing the game that removed PvP restrictions. While we’re still doing some tweaking and adding, we thought we’d give you a little more info to go on. Think it of it like playing the game you’re playing right now, but with no PvP rules. We want to introduce significantly more tension, drama, and consequences with every encounter with another human player. We’ll go further into this new mode next week.
We’ll also have more to share on other new content and features soon. While it’s a little early to give specifics, we can tell you that our first major content update will roll out over several weeks, consistently adding new activities to keep the world feeling fresh and ever-changing!

Until then… see you in Appalachia!

Man of Honour
Been like that since day 1 of the beta for me go in & out of a PA suit usually gets you free but even then I have gotten stuck in a PA suit for no reason & had to quit to the main menu to reset the view :(

Getting stuck in a PA suit is a different problem and one that has been like that since Fallout 4, let alone Fallout 76. I'm talking about not being able to move other than jumping, as if you're surrounded by an invisible tube. That's a new bug to me...and why on earth would moving then be possible only in 3rd person and only by pressing forward and right or left together?

The landscape is so large the Bethesda QA obviously never got that far :rolleyes: another reason horrible glitch is PA mods have been going missing & Bethesda are still unable to patch as they do not yet know the cause :eek:

PA mods are automatically scrapped for materials if you do anything requiring those materials and you don't have enough in your stash. That...interesting...game design decision accounts for at least some missing PA mods.

I'll give an illustration because it's such a bad design decision that it needs explaining.

You have a PA mod that contains 2 units of black titanium. You also have 3 units of black titanium in your stash. You do some piece of crafting that requires 4 black titanium. The game will autoscrap the mod to obtain the 2 black titanium from it to do the crafting. The mod disappears.

There's a mod to fix that problem on the Nexus.

Even when Bethesda go all out to make modding impossible, modders still do some fixing of their broken and badly designed games for them. It's sort of funny and sort of sad.

Man of Honour
Latest Inside The Vault confirms its going to get worse more nerfs coming & completely missing the point of trying to keep the game fresh it seems! Talk about tone deaf to the real issues :rolleyes:
https://fallout.bethesda.net/articl...Z/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-january-17-2019
Fallout 76 – Inside the Vault: January 17, 2019
So far this week we’ve closed out over 150 bugs and we’ve got more fixes on the way. Thank you so much for your vigilant reporting of issues, providing feedback and giving us your suggestions.

We want to have conversations with you – whether that’s about patches, new content or things you want to know about. We’re working on sharing as many details with you as possible, and we’re excited to share new details and clues on updates and additions to the game in the coming weeks.
We’re also going to iterate on Inside the Vault as well (timing, the information it includes, diving deep into some specific fixes, and why it’s taking us a little longer to fix others) these weekly updates will be your one-stop shop for Fallout 76 info.

Keep talking to us. We can’t answer everything but please keep giving us your thoughts and we’ll keep sharing with you. Just because we’re not posting in other places as often, doesn’t mean we’re not seeing what you’re taking the time to write and seeing how we can act on it to make Fallout 76 even better.

A Message on Exploits
We want Fallout 76 to be a happy and healthy world for all players, and we know that there are concerns with players finding and abusing exploits. We’re working hard to find, fix, and address these as they show up. The number of players raising these to our attention has been incredibly helpful in our process of getting to the bottom of these exploits and we greatly appreciate it. We want you to know that we take these exploits and those abusing them VERY seriously.

Once identified, we work very closely with our Support team to remove problem players that are abusing these exploits - whether that’s the duping exploits or those using cheat apps or mods to access areas in-game that are otherwise inaccessible (and unintended) for players in the game world. As we continue to change the game, we fully expect to identify new issues, but we will continue track and resolve exploits.

If you think you are experiencing an exploit, stop using it immediately and let our Support team know in a ticket.

If you feel you have experienced an issue regarding another player, including observing them using an exploit, we encourage you let our support team know by submitting a ticket here.

Latest on Patch 5
Early feedback from all of you on the latest patches has been very positive. It continues to help us to squash bugs with Super Sledge-like authority in future updates. Keep the awesome feedback coming – it’s making a big difference!
We’re still targeting the end of the month for Patch 5, which will have another big wave of fixes. As a change moving forward, we will be working to make sure that Inside the Vault is the first place you see Patch Notes released. Patch 5 notes won’t be finalized until later in the month, but we want to give some more information on a couple planned changes for Patch 5.
Changes to the Two-Shot Legendary Mod: The Two-Shot Legendary Mod will be undergoing a few balance changes in this next patch. We know that there has been some frustration over how powerful this mod is, especially when it comes to being the victim of it. With Patch 5, the damage bonus for Two Shot legendary modded weapons has been reduced to +25% damage, and the Two Shot legendary mod can no longer be looted in the world.
  • Mod Scrapping No More: We are aware of the aggravation involving mods being accidentally scrapped. Patch 5 will be implementing a fix so that loose weapon and armor mods must be scrapped manually to be used in crafting and repair.

Want to help us shape in-game Events?
As we’ve stated time and again, your feedback is crucial to making appropriate changes and improving the overall player experience. This week we’d like to hear your thoughts specifically on in-game Events. Specifically, aspects of Events that you really enjoy and want to see us double down on, and areas we can improve.
Please share your feedback in our forums here or join our friends at Reddit to let us know what you think. Some of our biggest questions include:
Which events do you feel are most rewarding to you?
  • Which events do you not care about doing or dislike? Why?
  • Which events do you prefer to play in a team vs. solo? Why?
  • What types of events would you like to see in the game?
  • How do you join events? Do you fast travel? Do you go to a location expecting to start an event?
  • How would you feel about bonuses for completing a daily or weekly event?
Because players come into Events at various stages in time, another thing we’re talking about is how to provide you with a greater sense of the Event’s current status. We know it can be disheartening to spend your hard-earned Caps travelling to a location – only to discover upon arrival that the Event has already concluded. We’re still working through this to come up with a resolution. Providing your feedback to our questions and any further information you’d like to share on Events will help us come to a better solution to any frustrations you may be having.

Because we’re getting more and more of the launch bugs addressed, we expect our Inside the Vault features to focus more on quality of life improvements and new/free content arriving in the game.

A Little Down the Line
You may recall late last year we mentioned we’re working on a new way of playing the game that removed PvP restrictions. While we’re still doing some tweaking and adding, we thought we’d give you a little more info to go on. Think it of it like playing the game you’re playing right now, but with no PvP rules. We want to introduce significantly more tension, drama, and consequences with every encounter with another human player. We’ll go further into this new mode next week.
We’ll also have more to share on other new content and features soon. While it’s a little early to give specifics, we can tell you that our first major content update will roll out over several weeks, consistently adding new activities to keep the world feeling fresh and ever-changing!

Until then… see you in Appalachia!

They've updated the pre-patch notes...it's going to be even worse than the version you quoted! They're radically nerfing the explosive legendary effect as well as the 2 shot one. So you can have the fun of using a bazillion rounds to kill the most powerful mob and maybe get a plan to make a table that you already have! Yay! I can't wait to play!

I've nearly finished exploring. I'll probably stop playing afterwards, since there's going to be even less end game content than before (and there wasn't much before).

I also like how Bethesda refer to their own bugs as "exploits" and blame players for them. That's nice of them. For example, for a while the game kept stuffing corn, mutfruit and tatos into my stored items in my camp. I didn't want them there - they stopped me building anything. It was an irritating bug...but Bethesda calls it an exploit.

Overall, I think I got my money's worth as a short-term game. For the <£10 that FO76 currently costs on PC, it's probably worth it. People will probably get a couple of weeks of fun out of it. The idea of it being an ongoing thing that people play for months is ridiculous, though. Bethesda are putting themselves in the position of the umpire in the famous John McEnroe match - "You cannot be serious!"

Soldato
@AWPC can't believe that dude just nicked all your junk!
I know what a t00l after we helped him as well! I disabled Pacifist to clump him but as you saw he quit to the menu :rolleyes: sorry I have to stop for now my right shoulder is hurting I have been playing about 10 hours today LOL ;) at least you got to launch your nuke but next time maybe the usual spot for better drops (we hope!) ;)

Soldato
Getting stuck in a PA suit is a different problem and one that has been like that since Fallout 4, let alone Fallout 76. I'm talking about not being able to move other than jumping, as if you're surrounded by an invisible tube. That's a new bug to me...and why on earth would moving then be possible only in 3rd person and only by pressing forward and right or left together? Its been like that for me since day 1 of the beta I thought it would have been fixed by now!

PA mods are automatically scrapped for materials if you do anything requiring those materials and you don't have enough in your stash. That...interesting...game design decision accounts for at least some missing PA mods. That is utterly ridiculous then what is the point of buying them for big caps if the game can break them down without any warning!

I'll give an illustration because it's such a bad design decision that it needs explaining.

You have a PA mod that contains 2 units of black titanium. You also have 3 units of black titanium in your stash. You do some piece of crafting that requires 4 black titanium. The game will autoscrap the mod to obtain the 2 black titanium from it to do the crafting. The mod disappears.

There's a mod to fix that problem on the Nexus. Mods might mean a ban though not sure I want to risk to fix what should never have been broken in the first place! I paid full price for mine if someone paid the under £9 it is now I could live with that but not full price!

Even when Bethesda go all out to make modding impossible, modders still do some fixing of their broken and badly designed games for them. It's sort of funny and sort of sad.
Its sad more than funny so many better looking games coming out in the next few weeks (Metro Exodus & Resident Evil 2 alone!) I think 76 is going to be an actual virtual wasteland sooner or later with all the nerfing going on which is still not stopping players like the guy who I saw earlier had a 10,000 DMG per shot shotgun all because it was combined with x 10 Explosion Bobbleheads at once makes a mockery of the entire weapon systems right now!

Soldato
Yeah given up, half hour wasted trying to actually play. Seems to be around the Charleston DMv building :( Back to Fifa.
Most likely you are getting dupers on the servers trying to offload all their stash makes it go like that I played about 10 hours today it was stable as well due to not many players being on.

Soldato
They've updated the pre-patch notes...it's going to be even worse than the version you quoted! They're radically nerfing the explosive legendary effect as well as the 2 shot one. So you can have the fun of using a bazillion rounds to kill the most powerful mob and maybe get a plan to make a table that you already have! Yay! I can't wait to play! Honestly they are crazy this game is already close to end of life status without further nerfing for the nerfs!

I've nearly finished exploring. I'll probably stop playing afterwards, since there's going to be even less end game content than before (and there wasn't much before). There is zero end game content already except more exploring & XP ing up! Until they stop all these minor fixes & work on some DLC nothing will change. I bet the Atomic Shop team though are working at full capacity as the whole thing is geared towards the Asian markets where its very popular to buy that cosmetic ingame stuff for real money.

I also like how Bethesda refer to their own bugs as "exploits" and blame players for them. That's nice of them. For example, for a while the game kept stuffing corn, mutfruit and tatos into my stored items in my camp. I didn't want them there - they stopped me building anything. It was an irritating bug...but Bethesda calls it an exploit. The only true exploit is Bethesda persuading people to buy this game in this state!

Overall, I think I got my money's worth as a short-term game. For the <£10 that FO76 currently costs on PC, it's probably worth it. People will probably get a couple of weeks of fun out of it. The idea of it being an ongoing thing that people play for months is ridiculous, though. Bethesda are putting themselves in the position of the umpire in the famous John McEnroe match - "You cannot be serious!"
Yeah for under £10 you cannot go wrong it needs to go to Steam with offline local install playable & mods support then it can live its life on there as massive PVP or PVE falloutish sandbox until Starfield & Fallout 5 arrive.

I cannot see Bethesda spending much more resource on this for long all the DLC content is announced as free so sooner or later they will cut their losses and just accept its not feasible to make it the game it needs to be. Even with the greatest photorealistic graphics ever there are so many flaws its barely in an alpha state now almost 3 months after launch. Why bother taking the resource away from other upcoming confirmed SP only games like Fallout 5 & Starfield :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom