****Official Fallout New Vegas Thread****

Caporegime
I can't see them repeating the skill gains of the bobbleheads, that was pretty broken. Hopefully they'll be interestingly interactive with somewhere to display them again though.

I don't think it was that broken, there were only ten bobble heads that increased the SPECIAL points iirc. The others were just to do with your skills which can easily be upgraded by any other means, ranking up, skill books, perks, meds, items of clothing and so on. There's a perk which increases all of your SPECIAL's to 9 so I don't think having the bobble head that only increases each 1 by a single point was that game breaking, imo.

Associate
I don't think it was that broken, there were only ten bobble heads that increased the SPECIAL points iirc. The others were just to do with your skills which can easily be upgraded by any other means, ranking up, skill books, perks, meds, items of clothing and so on. There's a perk which increases all of your SPECIAL's to 9 so I don't think having the bobble head that only increases each 1 by a single point was that game breaking, imo.

Sadly, I'm a purist - in FO1 & 2 it was very unusual to be able to improve your SPECIAL. Sure there were temporary gains from chems, but permanent gains were few and far between. With the bobbleheads, every skill could be increased by one, and then there were a number of ways to increase skills permanently through quests. The game was easy enough as it was. I'm glad to see Traits back though, and hopefully Hardcore mode should up the challenge :D

Soldato
My old man got given a pre release copy from a friend which he forwarded to me! Pro!

photofh.jpg

Need to go out now though, can't play till later! :(

Back
Top Bottom