****Official Fallout New Vegas Thread****

Soldato
Quote from the other New Vegas thread:

Can we continue playing after the main quest line ends?

No. Instead, Fallout: New Vegas has a real ending, that shows the results of your actions throughout the game and how they affected the different factions, locations and people you encountered."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=269843

So, no :( Because of a DLC then most likely (and if that would will be the Xbox exclusive then I will be mad)

Soldato
Just had a quick go. Need to play it when I'm more with it. Don't want to go in while tired.

Seems pretty good so far. Just setting the scene. If you like Fallout, you're obviously going to like this!

Caporegime
"Can we continue playing after the main quest line ends?

No. Instead, Fallout: New Vegas has a real ending, that shows the results of your actions throughout the game and how they affected the different factions, locations and people you encountered."

There is no good reason as to why we shouldn't be able to play on after the main quest line has finished, other than developer/publisher greed. It's not a massive issue as of course you can just leave the latter missions of the main quest until you are fully done with your exploring, but the point is you shouldn't be forced into doing that purely on the basis that the game creators can milk you out of another £7 or £8. I can't see the piece of DLC that unlocks play after the conclusion of the main quest being exclusive for a limited time to one console, think of the amount of money they'd make on that one piece of DLC, it would be a crucial one, like Broken Steel.

Also let's not forget that whatever the 360 gets then the PS3 will also eventually get it, despite exclusivity deals. Look at Grand Theft Auto 4's DLC packs which were originally exclusive after Microsoft paid a massive amount, the same with the Fallout 3 DLC if I recall rightly. Still, I'm pretty annoyed that we've been fed this cheap line that the game has a proper ending which is why we can't carry on playing the game after the main quest. The only legitimate reason would be if your character died, but then that never stopped them re-writing the ending of Fallout 3, did it.

Soldato
Having not played Fallout, I was looking at maybe picking this up

Untill I seen that you seem to move at the speed of a quadriplegic in a coma, is this just the videos or is the movement in this really really slow?

Caporegime
Having not played Fallout, I was looking at maybe picking this up

Untill I seen that you seem to move at the speed of a quadriplegic in a coma, is this just the videos or is the movement in this really really slow?

Might be worth getting Fallout 3 mate. You can pick it up for pennies and it will be a good gauge as to whether you will enjoy this game or not.

Caporegime
I will probably pick this up once the GOTY edition comes out and there are plenty of guides available. :D

Might pick up Fallout 3 GOTY editon to complete my playthrough around xmas time to prepare for it as well.

Soldato
OP
Thats a bit disappointing about the DLC, although i never had any of the DLC for Fallout 3 and didnt feel as if i missed anything.

I havent actually preordered this yet, i think ill try my luck at Tesco on the day and use my girlfriends staff discount.

Back
Top Bottom