Official FIFA 22 Thread

Soldato
The points mentioned above are just what you get with the ultimate edition. I certainly won't be purchasing any extra, then again I don't refer to my account as RTG. Road to frustration is the only thing you're getting from FUT.

If TikTok is anything to go by, loads of people are already using auto buyers anyway. Video after video of people trying to sell them from anywhere between 5 and 50 quid lol.
Yeah, I realise they come with the Ultimate Edition, that's what I meant, all these people with the Ultimate Edition now spending Fifa Points on their account is going to make for less RTG account (under the assumption that RTG is "no Fifa Points" rather than Fifa points are ok if they come as part of a special version of the game or are bought at the same time as the game or whatever other excuse people want to make to argue why the 500k Fifa Points they bought don't count and it's still an RTG).

Caporegime
I would be surprised if anyone cares about anyone other than streamers/YouTubers fronting an ultimate edition account as an RTG. The same way certain streamers pay people to grind on their RTG accounts when they're offline. They are only lying to themselves at the end of the day other than the man-children streamers who block people for mentioning it.

If I'm playing someone with RTG in their team name I usually think they're joking anyway, especially with a mega squad. It's become a bit of a meme.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don’t think it matters either way, but the FIFA points are part of the Ultimate Edition, I don’t think spending them would really stop something being an RTG. People will have primarily bought the Ultimate Edition for the early access - also an advantage in some respects.

Have been quite fortunate with packs so far, nothing amazing but quite a few 50k players etc.

Using a cheap PL team at the moment while I decide what to build later…

Soldato
If I'm playing someone with RTG in their team name I usually think they're joking anyway, especially with a mega squad. It's become a bit of a meme.
This is true, I often do the same.

I guess to be fair there is no "official" definition of what an RTG is so people can claim whatever they like is an RTG. Bateson could claim his 2,000,000 FP account is an RTG (he doesn't). I don't watch a lot of Nick28T but doesn't he call his account an RTG even though he spends loads of FP on it? In the same way I guess a lot of people using these 4600 FP will still claim their account is RTG too.

Caporegime
I don't watch a lot of Nick28T but doesn't he call his account an RTG even though he spends loads of FP on it? In the same way I guess a lot of people using these 4600 FP will still claim their account is RTG too.

I think he held off buying FP last year until it became too much of a grind around TOTS. He was still paying some dude to grind out the league and other SBCs so he had hundreds of packs to open pretty much every day. It is pretty funny that he calls it a "poor mans" RTG though.

Soldato
RTG is abit of a fad anyway. But in fairness if someone buys the ultimate edition and uses 4600 points and nothing else, in my eyes it's still an RTG.
And that's what I mean about no official definition. In my eyes they used Fifa Points, so they're not RTG accounts. The Fifa Points where an extra you paid for, they might have worked out cheaper, but I don't see it as any different from buying Fifa Points. Anyone could buy the Ultimate Edition (pretty much) but anyone could buy Fifa Points too (again, pretty much).
In Fifa 20 I bought the version that came with 2 Rare Gold Player packs (I think) each week for 12 weeks (or something like that). I probably wouldn't have considered that RTG either, but maybe closer than spending 4600 FP.
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter and one lucky pull in a tradeable pack could set you up better than 12k or more FP.
I think he held off buying FP last year until it became too much of a grind around TOTS. He was still paying some dude to grind out the league and other SBCs so he had hundreds of packs to open pretty much every day. It is pretty funny that he calls it a "poor mans" RTG though.
I just remember seeing him with teams called Poor Man's RTG or Rich Man's RTG and then opening packs with a little graphic covering the FP value at the top of the screen. A lot of Fifa streamers annoy me, but I think he annoys me more than most.

Soldato
OP
And that's what I mean about no official definition. In my eyes they used Fifa Points, so they're not RTG accounts. The Fifa Points where an extra you paid for, they might have worked out cheaper, but I don't see it as any different from buying Fifa Points. Anyone could buy the Ultimate Edition (pretty much) but anyone could buy Fifa Points too (again, pretty much).
In Fifa 20 I bought the version that came with 2 Rare Gold Player packs (I think) each week for 12 weeks (or something like that). I probably wouldn't have considered that RTG either, but maybe closer than spending 4600 FP.
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter and one lucky pull in a tradeable pack could set you up better than 12k or more FP.

I just remember seeing him with teams called Poor Man's RTG or Rich Man's RTG and then opening packs with a little graphic covering the FP value at the top of the screen. A lot of Fifa streamers annoy me, but I think he annoys me more than most.
4600 points made me probably 50k tops. It's really not significant. That said RTG no RTG who even cares. As long as people play the game how they want to that's the main thing.

Associate
Quick question for you experienced fifa players.

My son has been saving his money up and pre ordered ultimate edition which he can't wait to play tonight when he's home from school .
What's the best way to go with these 4600 points?

My the packs ? Or save the points?

Thanks

Permabanned
Either use them all now and hope for some decent cards to build his team/sell to build his team or wait for a promo.

OTW promo wont be long but not sure if will do special packs or not (probably will).

Also bear in mind 4600 sounds quite a lot but when the promo backs vary from 1000-2000 each.....

Caporegime
Quick question for you experienced fifa players.

My son has been saving his money up and pre ordered ultimate edition which he can't wait to play tonight when he's home from school .
What's the best way to go with these 4600 points?

My the packs ? Or save the points?

Thanks

If he's a decent player, anything above 1 win in drafts gets you more pack value for the 150 entry.

If you can be patient, saving them and using them on good preview packs is another option.

Waiting for a promo but then 4600 points aren't going to buy many higher tier packs and pack weight is abysmal.

Open now and pray for some half-decent pulls to make a starter squad.

Associate
Either use them all now and hope for some decent cards to build his team/sell to build his team or wait for a promo.

OTW promo wont be long but not sure if will do special packs or not (probably will).

Also bear in mind 4600 sounds quite a lot but when the promo backs vary from 1000-2000 each.....
If he's a decent player, anything above 1 win in drafts gets you more pack value for the 150 entry.

If you can be patient, saving them and using them on good preview packs is another option.

Waiting for a promo but then 4600 points aren't going to buy many higher tier packs and pack weight is abysmal.

Open now and pray for some half-decent pulls to make a starter squad.

Thanks for your replies had a look on videos and most say to buy the packs now and then sell what you don't want etc .

Seen some crazy teams already no idea how they've managed to get all of them lol

Thank you once more .

Soldato
I feel the need to congratulate EA, I'm truly astounded by this years Fifa. I didn't think it was possible to make a Fifa that I hated more than Fifa 20 but by god they've done it. In my opinion this is the worst Fifa I've ever seen, its just not fun.

Hoping for some massive patches to fix it, but if it stays like this I just can't see me playing it this year.

Back
Top Bottom