Poll: ***Official Formula One 2010 Thread***

What version of F1 2010 did you purchase

• Steam / Digital Copy

Votes: 225 57.8%
  • Retail Boxed Copy

Votes: 164 42.2%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Ok finished my first career game last night using keyboard :( (don't have a wheel) played on easy mode for Bahrain and finished last in qualifying and last in the race a good 25 seconds behind the next guy :( I didn't even spin out or crash.

Good thing is that there is room for improvement.

Any tips apart from get a wheel?

Get a 360 controller, that or a wheel is pretty much required :cool:

What difficulty and assists were you using? Not spinning/crashing and being that far behind suggests you're being a little hard on yourself assist/difficulty wise, or just being a bit too hesitant during flat out corners, which slows you down a lot.

Associate
I really wish they would or who ever is responsible codemasters or Nvidia :D sort out the frame skip issue with my gtx 460 :(

Sorry i know it's a known issue but really starting to bug me apart from that dont you just love it when you become hooked up on a lap what a buzz :)

Have you got your in game Audio set to Rapture? That causes frame skips and delays. Set it to Software or hardware if you haven't already.

Commissario
because they tried to make it realistic?

there are plently of races i have had that have been bright and sunny.
conversley to that you get the dull overcast days.
i really cant see why people are moaning about the way the game looks, its fine to me?
the graphics are not astounding but very very accpetable.
the weather is realistic an overcast day looks overcast? why would i want to mess with modding the game to make it look bright?
you may as well go and play mariokart

in other news, had a few good 1v1 races against thundycat earlier

very enjoyable, convinced him that an Xbox pad is required :p [rjk 2-1 thundy]

all of the OcUK tech team are planning a GP race tomorrow evening if anyone wants to join in with us. it will be strictly no crashing and very sportsman like.

my gfwl is RICH NVOMif you want to send a request. fun will start around 9pm ish

:D

Xbox pad ordered! Prepare to sit in my slipstream and lose horribly (Cackled laugh in background):D:p

Plus you have to live with the fact that I beat you using keyboard;)

TC.

Caporegime
I really wish they would or who ever is responsible codemasters or Nvidia :D sort out the frame skip issue with my gtx 460 :(

Sorry i know it's a known issue but really starting to bug me apart from that dont you just love it when you become hooked up on a lap what a buzz :)

i dont get any frame skip... you sure its not the replay cache file thrashing? i installed the game to a different drive than my windows drive , by default the games replay cache goes on to your c:drive and its something like a 4gb file thats constantly beeing wrote to as you drive around

Associate
Nice, people are starting to skin the cars with higher res textures now

ferrari_02.jpg

Associate
Has anyone had a lighting issue whereby, you go into the pit, and your driving down the pit lane you sight your crew slow down and, some blue reflections of light appear ad once back in the garage your car is incredibly bright???

Didn't happen much before u it seems to be happening quite abit now.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The first race I won with ease but now they are hammering me, I cant touch them.

I mean, I dont think I could lap any quicker than I am !

Have you been meeting the development targets in the practice sessions? If not, your car will start to fall behind the others.

FYI, I won Bahrain, 2nd at Melbourne (due to Alonso not pitting, grr), 1st in Malaysi, 3rd in China but qualified 16th at Catalunya and finished 23rd. Some tracks just seem very hard to nail - didn't suit my driving style at all.

I just qualified on pole at Monaco but it took a LONG time practising to really figuire the track out - I struggled to get it into the 1:24's originally and ended up nailing a 1:18.750 lap in qual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Yeah Catalunya is imposible. I actually messaged CaptainRAVE to ask If it was just my driving but sure enough it's the AI having a laugh. I went on the official F1 2010 forums and some guy reckons he can coup well with the AI in Catalunya because he used a brand new engine, I didn't check if that worked.

As for the new car skins ... SWEET ! only a matter of time before someone figures out how to add new car models :p:p

Associate
I had the same problem with Catalunya, I thought it was just a track I didn't know quite how to drive it, once I knew the lay out I thought it was ok but the AI just seemed a lot harder the other tracks, I'm glad it's not just me being crap.

Associate
I've been using the mod from the other page (the non ENB one), and it looks so much better, I'm just wondering does the ENB one still look correct in the wet? I think the default game gets those kinda conditions about right.

Soldato
I just drop the ENB files into the f1 2010 folder, correct?

Correct then shift+f12 in game to turn on off

I've been using the mod from the other page (the non ENB one), and it looks so much better, I'm just wondering does the ENB one still look correct in the wet? I think the default game gets those kinda conditions about right.

Just disable ENB in the wet then Shift+f12.

Last edited:
Associate
I struggle on Catalunya as well. Though I'm sure the pit bug kicks in bcause my lap times are very good but I can't catch the front runners at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom