Poll: ***Official Formula One 2010 Thread***

What version of F1 2010 did you purchase

• Steam / Digital Copy

Votes: 225 57.8%
  • Retail Boxed Copy

Votes: 164 42.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
I was hoping not to turn all those settings off, but I think I will just try disabling AI. If that work then great! :)
Will let you know. Cheers physichull et al.

By the way, I noticed if I press 2,3 or 4 I get a menu with tyre and wing settings, how do you make choices exactly? The menu system doesnt have any number on it and furthermore, how do you know what existing aero wing settings your car is at?

Ok tried disabling AI but it just stutters and freezes on the title screen :confused:

Soldato
I am also able to do very well at the start of the race. Going from 24th to 12th by the end of a few laps. Then I pit, and lose all my places, the grip on the primes is pretty bad sadly :( Also, pitting is just messed up right now.

Have you tried pitting deep into the race?

I do 30% race distances and I normally pit with about 3 laps to go.

Soldato
How/why would you want to turn off AI? If you do this surely the computer controlled cars won't be able to drive at all?
Catalyst AI.

Disabling this has stopped major problems on more than one occasion for me, although the 10.9a hotfix worked for F1 2010 so I never needed to try it in this instance.

Dup

Dup

Soldato

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Ok, so i forced DX11 by editing the config file, is that all you need to do to get it working i assume?

Also, doing so breaks the EnB mod, Anyone know of a way around this? DX11 + EnB would be great! :)

Soldato
Catalyst AI.

Disabling this has stopped major problems on more than one occasion for me, although the 10.9a hotfix worked for F1 2010 so I never needed to try it in this instance.

What problem did it fix for you specifically if you don't mind me asking?

Soldato
Not sure if it's been posted yet, so I'll do it again anyway:

F1 2010 Patch News
Hi everyone.

We can confirm that we intend to create and release a patch for F1 2010.

This thread will be updated with information as we move through development, testing and release. It will take some time, and sometimes there will even be no news while work is going on, but we'll do our best to keep you as updated as we can. We do appreciate your patience - and your feedback to date.

Current Status:
The development team is currently investigating, going through feedback, and looking at reported issues. Some issues have been identified and are being tested in isolation of the patch. There is more work to do before details can be given.

Caldera.
(Locking this for ease of reading and clarity.)

Associate
I didn't try online until two days ago after having it since day before release, and I love it, I haven't been back on singleplayer since. I thought the ramming and stuff would ruin it, which it can do sometimes, when someone puts you in a gravel trap, but most of the time it's fairly good racing :).

Soldato
Yeah, I've only done one race on my career, been online since then as the AI isn't great but real people are challenging and more predictable! Still no split times though.

Associate
Checked the global leaderboards after I finished playing last night, I was ranked 67th globally :D

No doubt ill be knocked down a few places by the time I back on tonight lol

Soldato
Catalyst AI.

I'd expect that this problem will be categorically solved with the new ATI drivers, combined with an F1 2010 patch, so if nothing else works I would put good money on the patch/ati combo to solve it.

Back
Top Bottom