1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Nelly, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Mario

Wise Guy

i am ready to press BUY button,just hesitating as read about few problems people had,but i guess its nothing compare to Asus P67 boards trouble at the beginning?

2. stulid

Capo Crimine

I remember that, theres a huge thread somewhere.

With anything thats new, theres always going to be some niggles as people have hardware thats not been fully tested, they then report the issue and hopefully a BIOS update/software update comes out to rectify the issue.

Gigabyte had a overclocking issue with X79 boards at the beginning, didn't take long for a BIOS to be released to solve it.

3. Mario

Wise Guy

from all tech specs Z77 looks just better version of P67 and Z68 (and hopefully companies made better bios'es as well as better boards for 1155)
    must press BUY button somehow lol

4. Bottle

Associate

+1 on the sound. I'm using the onboard sound with headphones and I percieve no difference from my old Creative X-fi extreme gamer. It's nice to get rid of the Creative driver bloat and the card from the inside of the machine. I can't vouche for it with external speakers however.

Using F6 at the moment and all is fine. The only niggle I have is that the USB3 header that comes with the board is **** (doesn't fit into my 3.5" bay).

I'm a happy camper.

5. scritchyrat

Wise Guy

I'm using F8a (mainly for the G510 fix) and I get quite a few lock ups. I've checked and I don't seem to have any driver issues but the machine just randomly freezes and the reset button on the mobo doesn't do anything.

Anyone else had any problems like this?

6. covenantuk

Wise Guy

Did you install the Creative software or are you just using the Realtek drivers?

Yeh, that USB3 header is rubbish I had to use screws to get it to fit in a screwless case and even then it's not solid.

7. Chaos

Soldato

If you look on the tweaktown forums there are a few folk getting the freezing issue on this board.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48463-gz-z77x-ud5h-random-freezing-shutdowns.html

8. is1971de

Associate

I have this board and huge problems with my crucial M4 128gb disk which is no longer able to boot into Windows. When I installed the system a GPT/EFI was used for the Windows partition, and it worked for a week, however I had to upgrade the firmware to F5 and since then it only detects the drive as normal SATA not GPT/EFI I even upgraded the firmware to F8a, without any success. I tried already a cmos reset and another SATA3 port, without success. Anybody have any clues. I already opened a support ticket with Gigabyte but waiting to hear back from them. Really annoyed about this, otherwise really great board.

9. paullewis323

Gangster

Stulid

Is the sound onboard as good as a separate sound card?

Was going to get one but if you say its OK i wont bother

Have 7;1 creative surround speakers with Sub, no optical out/in on speakers though

Lew

10. stulid

Capo Crimine

It is as good as a cheaper Creative/ASUS card.

You connect using the analogue 3.5mm jacks on the back.

11. Bottle

Associate

Ooooo! No, I'm just using the Realtek drivers. Since I always ignore the CD that comes with a mobo and just get the latest drivers from the source, I must have missed that. Do you have a link or will the Creative autoupdater identify the sound chip?

12. stulid

Capo Crimine

Its on the driver disk, dont think it can be downloaded anywhere as its a paid for piece of software for the board.

13. Bottle

Associate

Thanks a lot for the tip. I couldn't find a download anywhere (not even the Gigabyte support page). I'll install with some trepidation as I wonder how any updates to it would be distributed; i.e., they are not likely to be by the sounds of it (no pun intended).

14. paullewis323

Gangster

15. stulid

Capo Crimine

It has two Intel SATAIII ports (white)

Four Intel SATAII ports (Black) the mSATA port shares with one of these and thus is disabled if in use.

Marvell SE9172 chips (two chips) providing three SATAIII ports (Grey) and a eSATA port at the rear.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  16. stulid

Capo Crimine

Are you using a SSD? is the firmware updated on it?

Whats the full spec?

17. Bottle

Associate

FAb. Just got home and installed the Creative software off of the provided drivers disk. It installs what looks like Creatives usual suit of stuff (A bit dubious about that. Time will tell if I keep it on.) It comes with auto-updater software, so should be able to keep it current.

18. scritchyrat

Wise Guy

No SSD.

Sammy F3 1tb, UD5H (obviously ;)) 3570k, 8gb Corsair Vengeance, kuhler 620, 470gtx.

It must be something similar to what is happening to people in the link that Chaos posted (thanks for that BTW Chaos :)). I've changed the blck as advised by some in that thread but I'd guess it's a bios issue and I'll just have to hope they fix it soon.

Still a cracking board so no chance of me changing it.

19. itchy

Mobster

Actually there are 4 SATA III ports and 5 SATA II ports there is another one at the bottom next to the usb front header connection which is SATA II.

GSATAIII is the same as SATAIII its GSATAIII whats disabled when MSATA is used. ;)

20. stulid

Capo Crimine

Actually , what I said is 100% correct;)

I think you should go read the manual:p

SATAII port5 is disabled when the mSATA is used, SATAII port5 is a Intel port!!!!