***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

I found a fix by putting up the priority of the program in the task manager, working so far!

However in GTA online are the figures after a mission (eg rep and money) supposed to flicker white? :p

Just saw in your sig you have a 770. I have them in SLI and I haven't had this issue at all.

What driver you on? I have purposefully kept myself on 350.12 drivers as anything past that has caused me issues.

In addition, vsync off in game, adaptive vsync on in Nvidia control panel.

As an FYI - the missions you can do with 1 player only - still give 5k RP. If you're willing to grind missions on your own that is :)

Just did two and plan to do many more like that.
Yep this!

Still grinding and now level 110 :eek:

At some point I will remove my shy glasses and join the online sensation with others... As it is I am happy playing with myself.... OOoo errr Mrs!!!

Just saw in your sig you have a 770. I have them in SLI and I haven't had this issue at all.

What driver you on? I have purposefully kept myself on 350.12 drivers as anything past that has caused me issues.

In addition, vsync off in game, adaptive vsync on in Nvidia control panel.

I just updated the drivers as it wouldn't let me alter the settings in the control panel with the old driver :o

I have vsync off and then adaptive in the control panel, but I'm still getting a lot of tearing?? Really annoying.

I must be rather lucky, I've had no graphical issues whatsoever with my 580 either with my old Q8300 or my "new" i7, if I go silly with the settings the fps rate just drops, no other issues whatsoever though.

I'm using the current drivers whichever ones they were at the last update notification.

I think the issues I had once was because I didn't fresh install the drivers. Since doing that it has been fine but I still haven't updated for two revisions.

Playing missions tonight, maybe some races as well for double rp :)

Got to say having recently finished the single player campaign how much I enjoyed this game and also how impressed I was how it looked and with how my humble old overclocked 7870 with very high textures at 1200p.

Any news on single player dlc? I heard there might be a proper zombie campaign, I guess it'd time well with Fear The Walking Dead.

164251343.jpg

I'm sure that guy was nice and all but my god.....he seemed a bit slow, as well as possessive over you.

The session we got put in after the heist I kept seeing "V4Nt0M, come here/where are you/come to me" haha

Don't forget though, apparently we are all missing chromosome's.

Have been taking advantage of the double RP this weekend, grinding through missions solo as well as having a team, good craic.

Stark - what was happening with you tonight and your crashing? Server or the whole game?

Going to see how many more levels I can get tomorrow, doing those missions was getting pretty repetitive but I'm sure it's the fastest way to get RP, maybe we should try that stunters vs snipers thing.

Yea, I was doing a bit of free roam after and he was following me around like a stalker!

Stark was crashing altogether, he has his off days =/

Last edited:
Going to see how many more levels I can get tomorrow, doing those missions was getting pretty repetitive but I'm sure it's the fastest way to get RP, maybe we should try that stunters vs snipers thing.

Yea, I was doing a bit of free roam after and he was fallowing me around like a stalker!

I did a few solo missions after that heist and got about 13k RP from them.

Saying that though, I did a team deathmatch with Special Force this afternoon, came in second in the winning team and got 12.5k RP just for that. Mental.

Im going to try and break level 100 tomorrow by grinding missions

Woo, got the minigun!
My accuracy is going to go downhill from here! Was 38% earlier now down to 36% after only a couple hours :( 13% with the minigun.

Ha yeah that made me giggle :) , i get some odd stalker guys sometimes who insist on showing you all their garages then showing you all their stuff, i couldnt give a monkies, but i guess theyre probably just young and proud of their shiny stuff.

Btw ive been crashing a bit recently and i couldnt figure out what was causing it, tried downclocking everything, drivers etc, then i just gave in, and just accepted it, but i forgot to activate that nice looking sweetfx config earlier and it worked perfectly all day at any over clock with any drivers so i get the feeling theres something causing me to crash in that config.

I made my own config with just Lunasharpen and AA and its been working perfectly, doesnt look as good as the other one, but stable now at least.

Just thought i would mention it incase anyone with a similar setup is getting crashes and couldnt work out what was causing it.

Last edited:

Yea, I was doing a bit of free roam after and he was following me around like a stalker!

I've got to ask, have you pressed ~ and typed your username into the console box yet? :D

are the multiplayer loading times any better than when the game was first released?
put me right off mp waiting minutes even with an ssd and the activity light on my comp just blank waiting for the servers or whatever to sync everyones sessions

are the multiplayer loading times any better than when the game was first released?
put me right off mp waiting minutes even with an ssd and the activity light on my comp just blank waiting for the servers or whatever to sync everyones sessions

Its getting better in my opinion, especially when you are with a group of people who stick together.

Ended up relenting and buying this last night to go with my 980Ti. Already have it on the Xbox one, but it looks so damn good with everything ramped up.

Think I'll give the MP ago too, seen as I never bothered on the Xbox version lol.

Back
Top Bottom