***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Beat (not complete) this the other day, thoughts below:

+Looks great. Really, really good gfx considering the scale of the game, in particular indoor environments look better the previous games in the series
+Decent performance considering the above. I played on a 3670k/7950 setup and it generally ran pretty well
+Heists are generally good fun
+Not many weaknesses in terms of the different facets to the game i.e. driving, on foot, minigames etc are all generally done fairly well
+FPS view! Although I didn't use it that much
+Some really fun side missions like when you first meet Dom
+Usual funny dialog etc as you'd expect from GTA series
+Interesting twist with the 3 characters etc which makes a few of the missions more fun as well being able to switch away to a sniper or whatever

-Difficult to build empathy with the characters in the early part of the game as your time with them is fragmented.
-Story a bit difficult to follow at times (probably due to jumping around between mission/character types)
-Races kinda suck - doesn't feel like they have moved on much in the past 10 years, and also rendered far too easy by Franklin's special ability
-Felt like there should have been a couple of extra heists or otherwise making more use of the NPC team members

Overall I would probably rank this as my favourite in the series. Vice City is arguably a better setting but I think it would show its age now in terms of graphics and game mechanics.

Beat (not complete) this the other day, thoughts below:

+Looks great. Really, really good gfx considering the scale of the game, in particular indoor environments look better the previous games in the series
+Decent performance considering the above. I played on a 3670k/7950 setup and it generally ran pretty well
+Heists are generally good fun
+Not many weaknesses in terms of the different facets to the game i.e. driving, on foot, minigames etc are all generally done fairly well
+FPS view! Although I didn't use it that much
+Some really fun side missions like when you first meet Dom
+Usual funny dialog etc as you'd expect from GTA series
+Interesting twist with the 3 characters etc which makes a few of the missions more fun as well being able to switch away to a sniper or whatever

-Difficult to build empathy with the characters in the early part of the game as your time with them is fragmented.
-Story a bit difficult to follow at times (probably due to jumping around between mission/character types)
-Races kinda suck - doesn't feel like they have moved on much in the past 10 years, and also rendered far too easy by Franklin's special ability
-Felt like there should have been a couple of extra heists or otherwise making more use of the NPC team members

Overall I would probably rank this as my favourite in the series. Vice City is arguably a better setting but I think it would show its age now in terms of graphics and game mechanics.

good sum up of the game. im towards the end and its all a bit meh to me

*Flings feces at passers by*

Not as many people on of late, hopefully when the new DLC drops on wednesday there will be more on, might I suggest a crew session where we can all buy and admire our cars in peace?

Yes! Sounds good :) and I agree, quite surprising how we have almost 500 crew members but I see about 10 online regularly. (may be easier to add as friends for some)

Have the prices been released for the new cars?

Managed to reach level 100 yesterday after majorly grinding through the double rp jobs, mainly because I wanted to see what got unlocked but was a bit disappointed.

Ah well, few days of aimless killing ahead and fair ground fun :)

Wow cannot get into the online at all. Single player is amazing but every time I have tried online it's just awful, I'm at level 13 and I'm playing against level 110 and level 121 players, no decent weapons, can't even get decent armour, not allowed store any decent cars in my garage because they've got "trackers" (WTF?), keep getting stuck in places with no cars at all, no cars in the multi-storey carpark! Why not? There's loads of cars in there in single player.

Found a bike, great, got on, after about ten seconds the game kicks me off it because i'm not allowed on personalised vehicles!? Walk miles instead? Oh and the blatant cheaters, one guy just kept killing everyone in the last game, after you respawn, he can instantly kill you again numerous different ways, he can even make you commit suicide. It's just zero fun versus single player.

Just gone up from 1080p to 1440p, still runs great this despite the drop in frames, at same settings, now getting around 45-50 odd in the cities, and out in the countryside, anwyhere from 30 odd to 40 odd, :p

Just waiting on my Fury X. :D

Wow cannot get into the online at all. Single player is amazing but every time I have tried online it's just awful, I'm at level 13 and I'm playing against level 110 and level 121 players, no decent weapons, can't even get decent armour, not allowed store any decent cars in my garage because they've got "trackers" (WTF?), keep getting stuck in places with no cars at all, no cars in the multi-storey carpark! Why not? There's loads of cars in there in single player.

Found a bike, great, got on, after about ten seconds the game kicks me off it because i'm not allowed on personalised vehicles!? Walk miles instead? Oh and the blatant cheaters, one guy just kept killing everyone in the last game, after you respawn, he can instantly kill you again numerous different ways, he can even make you commit suicide. It's just zero fun versus single player.

I felt the same the first few levels on MP but I eventually got into it.

I do missions a lot and considering your level we could do heists to increase your level and get some money. Also could do it in a private session so that we can free roam without the worry of hackers

If you want, add me on rockstar social club(link in sig) and I will invite you to some missions tomorrow? :)

It's much more fun if ya playing with friends, like most MP games really. There is a lot of hackers, shame rockstar havent found a way to stop it yet.

I felt the same the first few levels on MP but I eventually got into it.

I do missions a lot and considering your level we could do heists to increase your level and get some money. Also could do it in a private session so that we can free roam without the worry of hackers

If you want, add me on rockstar social club(link in sig) and I will invite you to some missions tomorrow? :)

Cheers that would be great, I haven't done any of the heists yet.

Genuinely don't know how R* have such a dreadful service for their updates? Been downloading this update all day and is only 20MB in because of the stupidly low speed and disconnecting every 2 minutes! I give up!

Been busy at work and find myself a bit too tired for GTA on weekdays (too olde for this ****) so I'll be back on Saturday and Sunday night hopefully!
The cheating is so out of hand now that it seems to be virtually EVERY public session I join has them in.

Genuinely give up. Gets to the end of the update WHICH TOOK 12 ****ING HOURS THEN RESETS THE PROGRESS AND STARTS DOWNLOADING AGAIN.

I'm fed up with this ****. Not happy.

Why can't it just be normal? I don't want it to be good. Just average would be enough. JUST LET ME DOWNLOAD MY GAME.

Last edited:
Genuinely give up. Gets to the end of the update WHICH TOOK 12 ****ING HOURS THEN RESETS THE PROGRESS AND STARTS DOWNLOADING AGAIN.

I'm fed up with this ****. Not happy.

Why can't it just be normal? I don't want it to be good. Just average would be enough. JUST LET ME DOWNLOAD MY GAME.

There's a gamefile fix for that I think. But you can also torrent the updates(as long as they are the r* released ones that are official) I ended up doing that on release night lol

Just be smart with it.

Will be on soon!

There's a gamefile fix for that I think. But you can also torrent the updates(as long as they are the r* released ones that are official) I ended up doing that on release night lol

Just be smart with it.

Will be on soon!

I've been looking for torrents but can't seem to find them, maybe I have missed them in my rage :p

I'll have another look

Back
Top Bottom