***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

How do you get the FPS in the top right of the screen?

Looks like msi afterburner.

edit: will explain this better.

I use MSI afterburner with the rivatuner statistics server(comes with the install) to display FPS only.

For CPU temps/usage/GPU temps I use HWinfo64 along with rivatuner statistics server.

Only reason I use both is because the FPS bit in HWinfo doesn't work. And MSI afterburner has my fan profiles :)

Last edited:
Any reason why I cant play this all of a sudden? when I click play it says downloading update... even though iv already downloaded it..then it says verifying download integrity.... then it says grand theft auto V is now ready to play and when I click the play button it just does the same thing again and again and again.

Managed to get a few hours in yesterday, not the biggest fan of the T20, I prefer the Osiris and the Turismo R, but it's a good looking car, and I love the spoiler/air brake.

Getting loads of stuttering though, the FPS never really drops according to Afterburner but it makes life difficult. It's especially bad in Ammunation where it feels like its dropping to single digit FPS. Obviously not just me as I heard VANTOM (I think) F'ing and blinding about it lol.

cant even play the game with the problem I mentioned two posts above -_- god damn stupid social club crap lol. Really don't feel like reinstalling the whole game.

Be prepared for lag central after the update guys, I'm dropping at least 10 fps in areas that previously were 60 fps smooth.

EDIT: Also noticed a couple of my cars were moved to a different garage and one was put in "Storage" when I rung the Mechanic?! So the car is there available from the Mechanic but not physically in the garage.

http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-online-p...ower-framerates-in-ill-gotten-gains-part-two/

Thankfully not the only one then, really annoying because R* obviously made an effort with performance for the release but it seems all that work is now being undone. The first IGG update resulted in a performance drop but at least the game was still playable.

Managed to get a few hours in yesterday, not the biggest fan of the T20, I prefer the Osiris and the Turismo R, but it's a good looking car, and I love the spoiler/air brake.

Getting loads of stuttering though, the FPS never really drops according to Afterburner but it makes life difficult. It's especially bad in Ammunation where it feels like its dropping to single digit FPS. Obviously not just me as I heard VANTOM (I think) F'ing and blinding about it lol.

this happened to me soon as i logged back in walked into ammunation and went to 1-2fps and took me ages to get out! then normal after that, strange

Glad to hear it isn't just me then, it is really frustrating :( After the great job R* did with the release, they are slowly starting to undo all of that, hope we get a patch soon....

Also, instead of adding more vehicles, I wish they would allow you to purchase some nice fancy houses instead of apartments.... I WANT A BIG GARDEN WITH A SWIMMING POOL!!!!

Catalyst 15.7 runs GTA like a dream.
1440p, FXAA ON, MSAA OFF, almost everything on very high 40-60 fps with a 7950. It runs so fluid it just flows..

Last edited:
There is a house for sale just around the corner from the main apartment building that has a pool, although it's still occupied by some random women who run away when I go for a dip!

I keep getting DX error crashes in this game when running in DX11 with my GTX980, does this happen to anyone else?

I have two other friends with 970s that get the same error, the only way to stop it is to run the game in DX10.1

I keep getting DX error crashes in this game when running in DX11 with my GTX980, does this happen to anyone else?

I have two other friends with 970s that get the same error, the only way to stop it is to run the game in DX10.1

I've had that a few times, I think it's common with an OC'ed graphics card.

It's just an error at their end. Many people have this issue.

Also, instead of adding more vehicles, I wish they would allow you to purchase some nice fancy houses instead of apartments.... I WANT A BIG GARDEN WITH A SWIMMING POOL!!!!

You'll never get that nex... would need to have the same spawning mechanics as with the apartments if it did so you'll never have a private garden/pool. Plus the spawns are bad enough with everyone in apartments... imagine with the spawns coming from a smaller space like a house!

Back
Top Bottom