***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

guys - why is gta using so little of my gpus?

My 7970s are going about 55%, my 2500k about 85%

Im getting frequent fps drops (60 down to 30), but my gpu usage wont go higher? :confused::confused:

guys - why is gta using so little of my gpus?

My 7970s are going about 55%, my 2500k about 85%

Im getting frequent fps drops (60 down to 30), but my gpu usage wont go higher? :confused::confused:

I was having similar problems but only yesterday, it has not happened before. FPS dropping very low and it was happening on every server I tried. Usually >70FPS but it was dropping down to 30 quite often last night for no apparent reason. :confused:

Yeah it is hard to notice it at first but I find it is one of those things where once you notice it, you always see it then :(

I suppose it depends on the extended distance scaling option as well, mine is on zero but still, I never noticed it before the second last patch :/

Never used 1440P so can't really comment on it, what I will say about 27" 2560x1440 displays though is that they are better "overall";

- cheaper
- better choice of free/g sync (zero screen tearing, far smoother gaming)
- 144HZ thus better motion clarity

As for 21.9, it is great imo:

- You get more FOV at the sides in games e.g.

http://imgur.com/a/docX3

minecraft, 16.9 VS 21.9:

http://cdn.overclock.net/b/b3/b33e8221_o3Inygx.png

http://cdn.overclock.net/e/e8/e84265e9_D0QRMwV.jpeg

Most of my games support 21.9, the few that don't can be fixed by manually tweaking config files or using flawless widescreen. The only issue left is generally cut scenes/menus are 16.9 or/and the blood/rain effects will only show on the 16.9 area of your 21.9 screen i.e. you won't get effects on the right and left side of the screen

If you watch any films on the monitor then it is a must have, no black bars at the top and bottom, any films that are shot in 16.9 will just have black bars at the sides instead. There is only one type of film that is problematic for 21.9 screens and that is the imax as they switch from 21.9 to 16.9 throughout the film i.e. Nolan's films, you can get non imax versions for most films if you really want though and even when zoomed in, it isn't too bad tbh, quality is still great and most of the time, you wouldn't even notice that the film is zoomed in

23" 16.9

kPehndDh.jpg
29" 21.9
suMHoynh.jpg

21.9 just feels a lot more immersive when it comes to films & gaming imo.

I think if you are going for 21.9 these days, you really need to go for a 34" 3440x1440 screen though, unfortunately there isn't a great deal of choice, hopefully that will change over the next few months...

Last edited:
Is this worth buying if I intend only on playing the single player story mode? Played through it on the PS3 ages ago but the quality was dire.

Defiantly

Single plater is great, I had 100 hours playing and I am working my way through again.

I do Online but Solo sessions and I now have 300 hours on that.

GTA V is just the best game ever IMO, not sure that will be the same for everyone...

However the wife and spawn are fed up of me relating everyday life to GTA... Especially when I rampage around Bognor... :D

Had some races yesterday in a lobby with some guys (one with 900 odd wins) and it was easily the most difficult lobby I've ever raced in.

There were only 5 of us but it was close, tight and best of all clean racing. Two of the guys had T20's in the Super class and while he was clearly a very good driver it was leaving my Entity and Turismo R for dead every time. I was closer in the other classes like Sports and Muscle.

Defiantly

Single plater is great, I had 100 hours playing and I am working my way through again.

I do Online but Solo sessions and I now have 300 hours on that.

GTA V is just the best game ever IMO, not sure that will be the same for everyone...

However the wife and spawn are fed up of me relating everyday life to GTA... Especially when I rampage around Bognor... :D

Yeah like I say, played through solo on the PS3 about 18 months ago, but the graphics quality was dire and gave me headaches as during fast/busy sections it was easily into the teens FPS wise.

I was just wondering whether most of the PC crowd were buying and playing it for the online stuff, I will probably get it if it's ever on offer.

hmmm so according to rockstar support the reason my game wont start and just going in a loop of verifying downloaded files > play > verifying downloaded files > play... so I haven't been able to actually play this game in two days is because I might have a corrupted windows DLL file somewhere?

Sounds like rubbish to me lol.

Modders about this evening. I mean....i died a lot but stark and v4ntom also did. Instant headshots, god mode, bum licking from other players to said modder......sad people lol

Don't forget, I'm ocuk protected, prioritise. Already got stark on board, v4ntom/jester - I will request my transport tomorrow whilst doing the queens wave. *as long as its not seedy*

Anybody else not getting board with GTA V yet/still.....

My life has changed in many ways over the last few years....

However

My name is Strudders and I am addicted to GTA V

Back
Top Bottom