***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

To follow on from what Stark explained to you, you still keep the cars if they get destroyed as well as long as you have insurance.

The general process is as follows:
  1. Buy a car
  2. It gets delivered to your owned garage
  3. If you are out and about without the car, you can ring your mechanic and he will deliver it
  4. If you destroy the car, you can pay an insurance premium and get it back
  5. If someone else destroys it, they pay the premium and you get it back
  6. If the police impound it - you pay £250 and get it back

The only exception to this rule which may result in you losing a car is if the police impound 1 car, and then you leave the garage with another owned car - the game will warn you saying that your impounded car will be destroyed if you leave the garage.

Its awesome, and a pity you couldn't have the mechanic in SP. The only way an owned car will vanish - is if you sell it

Stark, Gamble, thank you both. Clearly explained.

Why the hell wont the developers do something about the retaining vehicles in single player... annoying.

I've upgraded my PC to something that will comfortably run this at high but I've got some annoying glitches.

Obviously moving to an nVidia 900 card means I get the lovely Initialisation Failed easter egg, but I was expecting that.

But I've also gained random micro stutters. Just driving around and every few seconds it stutters slightly as if it's dropped a few frames? And also I'm getting flickering on some text overlays. Like on the screen where it comes up with "you finished 1st" full screen, the text flickers from translucent to white. Also the prompts at the bottom of the screen for pressing keys (like when in a taxi to select to hurry, etc) flicker too.

Any ideas?

Did you redo the adaptive vsync in nvidia panel and disable vsync ingame to fix the micro stutter? Its a well known fix. If you have done it then nvm. Could be a driver version instead.

Folks, if Im in passive mode, presumably I cant be touched?
Yet somehow some "Richards" were still able to kill me. Hackers?

Also where do I go for the single missions?

Unfortunately passive mode means nothing to some hackers.

Ring either lester/martin/lamar/ron or another dude and request job. They generally send 1- whatever number of people jobs. :)

I've upgraded my PC to something that will comfortably run this at high but I've got some annoying glitches.

Obviously moving to an nVidia 900 card means I get the lovely Initialisation Failed easter egg, but I was expecting that.

But I've also gained random micro stutters. Just driving around and every few seconds it stutters slightly as if it's dropped a few frames? And also I'm getting flickering on some text overlays. Like on the screen where it comes up with "you finished 1st" full screen, the text flickers from translucent to white. Also the prompts at the bottom of the screen for pressing keys (like when in a taxi to select to hurry, etc) flicker too.

Any ideas?

Hello!!

Ok

There is a few issues with Micro stutter atm with the latest patch 1.28

However

I have absolutely no issues atm. This is a first and as it stands I am not touching anything.

What size is your Page file? mine is set to 12 GB and that sorted a fair few of my stutter/rubber banding issues. MSI Afterburner was reporting 10 GB in use when playing GTA

Saying that, I have uninstalled Afterburner.. LOL
I had a great many CTD with a D3D error and since I have done that I no longer get any....

The flickering is same on mine. It is annoying but nothing to worry about.

I am still on Nvidia drivers 310.52 which were the game ready drivers as I have found these to be absolutely rock solid. But I only play GTA V on my PC and that would not be an option if you play any other games.

I also uninstalled Nvidia Experience. Again this is not for everybody, however given all the hassles I was having from launch, stuttering, rubber banding, Crashes and general problems (when I was trying to do multiplayer races etc I was crashing out and getting bad sport messages) I have no issues now. In fact the game plays flawlessly and looks stunning. Solid 60 FPS at my settings.

Yeah modders rampant in death matches.

Also what armor are you wearing?

Each time you level up, your HP pool increases. Suffice to say higher level folks can be slightly more time consuming to kill if you were to shove a load of bullets their way.

Cheers folks, as I suspected.

armour is what I pick up in the arena itself....

If I were to buy armour from the ammo shop would it stay with me permanently? or do you need to buy multiples?

Cheers folks, as I suspected.

armour is what I pick up in the arena itself....

If I were to buy armour from the ammo shop would it stay with me permanently? or do you need to buy multiples?
Combat as you've no doubt worked out now is clunky in GTA's and is no exception here. Armour imo should last longer than it does and is useless for the most part. It seems to stop just a few bullets before it is depleted so I rarely use it.

You're better off buying multiples from Ammunation and using them whenever you can for heists. You can access and equip fresh armour from your stash via the Interactions menu.

That happened with me when i first started heists, ya have to just keep on trying, when you get to lvl 12 you can start your own heists, then nobody can kick you out +D

As for people doing a lot more dmg i dont get that my self yet, i saw an afk yesterday so i thought i would test out my rifle on him to see how many bullets it actually takes to kill some one, and it took 3 bursts to the neck region to kill him, yet i pretty much always get killed instantly as soon as someone starts firing at me with an assault rifle. People shoot me so fast i wonder if theyre even bothering to aim for the head or just going for body shots and still killing me. I always get killed with 1 shot with the sniper so i know they must be all getting headshots there so i always do the same.

Headshots is where it's at, I use the combat mg against cars and kill a lot of people in one or two hits. Advanced rifle is great for most other close to medium range encounters.

This...

I use the Carbine Rifle on the street and AP pistol in the car....

If you snipe, always head shot. If you fit a suppressor on the sniper rifle, shoot those nearest/furthest first as they tend not to alert everybody else...

Always aim for the head and for shooting at cars, driver first through the window.

Also combat roll.... Can't stress that enough.

My head shot percentage is 60% of kills

Well after the performance issues with the latest patch, paired with the annoying drm. I made the decision yesterday to crack my legit, fully paid for GTA V install. And you know what, its liberating. No online periodic checks, version 350 with better performance and smooth as butter.

Shows what a mess of things R* have made of this, that I get a far better experience by cracking my legit/purchased game.

Of course I dont get to play online, but I'm not interested in that.

Great to be free of Social Club.

Ok just tried a deathmatch... ass handed to me.

I don't get it. They just hit me once and Im dead.
Yet I pile bullets into them and nothing....

More rank? More Damage?

I love deathmatches!!!! I normally play GTA with an x360 controller but for deathmatches I switch to KB&M - epic fun and you can earn some major RP and cash from it.

I played 1 deathmatch today and won - 5kRP and $25k. Last night I played a team deathmatch with no kill limit, just a time limit and for 12.5kRP and $45k for winning.

Obviously its only fun if there are no modders but I have only experienced one modder on DM or TDM.

Headshots - that's how they killed you so quick or possibly a modder with a "super bullet" as they are calling it for the latest script.

Back
Top Bottom