***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

4 days now and I still cant play this game -_- sometimes I wonder why I even bother with my pc these days. This is so stupid lol. Never ever have I had a game that wont boot up no mater what and its all because of the stupid rockstar social club.
And people wonder why games get pirated when you cant even play your legit games properly.

Did you redo the adaptive vsync in nvidia panel and disable vsync ingame to fix the micro stutter? Its a well known fix. If you have done it then nvm. Could be a driver version instead.

The R* intro movie gets screen tearing on it, so I used that to test the setting in nvidia control panel. Turns out having Adaptive Vsync on in the control panel was causing it.

I'll see if it's solved the issue in game too. If so its the oposite to what you were suggesting which feels odd?

Edit: Nope, its made no difference. The micro stuttering and flicker on overlays is still there. The tearing when browsing the world map is gone however.

Edit 2: I turned off everything I had set in the nVidia control panel and there is still stutter and flicker. Im going to try dropping back to the nVidia GTA5 drivers.

Edit 3: Still no difference with the game ready drivers, so its something in the game itself.

Last edited:
The R* intro movie gets screen tearing on it, so I used that to test the setting in nvidia control panel. Turns out having Adaptive Vsync on in the control panel was causing it.

I'll see if it's solved the issue in game too. If so its the oposite to what you were suggesting which feels odd?

Edit: Nope, its made no difference. The micro stuttering and flicker on overlays is still there. The tearing when browsing the world map is gone however.

Edit 2: I turned off everything I had set in the nVidia control panel and there is still stutter and flicker. Im going to try dropping back to the nVidia GTA5 drivers.

Edit 3: Still no difference with the game ready drivers, so its something in the game itself.

Did you see my reply to your post?

For those with the D3D INIT error, go to my documents>rockstar games>gta 5>settings (open with a text editor) look for "dx" in the search, replace the 1 or 2 with 0 and save.

For those with the D3D INIT error, go to my documents>rockstar games>gta 5>settings (open with a text editor) look for "dx" in the search, replace the 1 or 2 with 0 and save.

Thats the same as just changing the DirectX settings through the in game setting screen.

0 = DX10
1 = DX10.1
2 = DX11

Its DX11 that seems to be causing the issue. Setting it to 10.1 has resulted in mates of mine seeing no more crashes.

Getting this failed initialization error and it's really annoying me, only started since I upgraded my gpu so I thought mabye bad driver/overclock - whole system at stock and reinstall - same issue, playing mp with a friend and hes getting same error (completly different system / card etc)

Googling has thrown up a few fixes - change DX, run window mode with tess and vsync off, spin around in a chair 3 times fast chanting an incantation - nothing :-/

Also quite framey/stuttery with most recent update :(

For some reason I started crashing last night, rarely ever crash and crashed 5 or 6 times last night, I hope this isn't a permanent thing.
I struggled getting online, constant unable to connect then when I did... failed to connect to you guys on a different server.

Nvidia 900 series cards?
No, he has an AMD crossfire setup (well AMD card for sure).

I've been seeing more of those errors too, I got a few hours in yesterday and it CTD'd with that error about 5 times, once at the start of a Heist attempt.

Had a few good races too, like a proper newb, I only discovered how to join a game whilst 'on call' so I wasn't sat in lobbies for ages. Managed to unlock a few of the performance parts and the turbo tuning so I've been upgrading all of my cars and bikes to run with a turbo :D

Still need to do some of the heists, I've only got up to completing the Prison Break intro which I did with Nuclear Fusion last night (thanks for the help btw).

Ok just tried a deathmatch... ass handed to me.

I don't get it. They just hit me once and Im dead.
Yet I pile bullets into them and nothing....

More rank? More Damage?

I was the same until I realized I was in an "Assisted Aim" lobby so basically people with controllers were locking on and drilling my face.

Settings > Gamepad > Targeting Mode > Free Aim

If you're using mouse and keyboard ofc.

R* SC is a ****ing mess.

After over a week of trying to update the game it has finally installed! ...Then when launching online or story mode it crashes because there are corrupt files! ****ing useless!

After over a week of trying to update the game it has finally installed! ...Then when launching online or story mode it crashes because there are corrupt files! ****ing useless![/QUOTE]

to save d/l again, create GTAVLauncher.exe shortcut to desktop.
right click properties
in target add -verify, run it and it will replace any files that need it.

like this
Games\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe" -verify

hope that helps

I had a quick play last night and it seems that I was shoved into a Russian lobby and money was literally raining from the sky.

I've reported it to R* but after seeing other reports of people just getting banned for this, I think this might be it!

Back
Top Bottom