***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Stole a Turismo R off the street in story mode, upgraded it, and put in garage.
Its looked like this for a long time now. :confused:

97l9v7.jpg

Not sure what he is using but I use MSI afterburner which doesn't crash on load

Hmmm. I might have to try that later. Reason I haven't tried MSI AB was i thought it basically used Rivatuner also which was the main cause of the conflict.

Like i said anyway i'll try it and see. Thanks ;)

There's no real need to mate. I'm happy to have them running at stock to keep cool. I'd I bench I clock the life out of them, but for gaming, there's more than enough performance.

Yeah know what ya mean, im only running my 290s at 1150/1550 for GTA, thers no point running it higher, cause its a nice solid 60 fps, and i cant tun any settings higher without it getting drops, even if i up the gpu speeds to their max.

I thought if i ran it at 1230 mhz i would be able to run at 1800p but the AA doesnt look as good as it does with 4xMSAA at 1440p, and if i add any AA then the FPS drops too far.

Are you seeing much of a FPS boost over stock clocks BluD? I run everything on max except shadows, grass and no MSAA with none of the advanced graphics enabled @ 2560x1080 and get 60FPS 90% of the time but the dips to 48 every now and then are annoying...

My MSI GE 290 is just at default, however, I have my core voltage set to -37, the card runs a lot cooler as a result;

- average temp in gta is about 66 with an average fan speed of 45%
- max temp is 73 with a max fan speed of 50%

Without undervolting, I would be hitting a max temp of 80+ with a fan speed up to 60%

Go on a killing spree, have a vendetta against hookers, go out with michael/franklin/trevor and get drunk/100% it OR...

Go online and take on the world :)

I still need to finish sp, think I'm on 93% at the moment.
Haha, thanks mate - a few ideas there! I think I'm only on about 73% complete but I've done all the missions, the last one I had after the 'main' ending was the Trevor's Mum mission. After that things have gone a bit quite and nothing else is showing. I might venture online but it's a bit daunting isn't it?

Yeah know what ya mean, im only running my 290s at 1150/1550 for GTA, thers no point running it higher, cause its a nice solid 60 fps, and i cant tun any settings higher without it getting drops, even if i up the gpu speeds to their max.

I thought if i ran it at 1230 mhz i would be able to run at 1800p but the AA doesnt look as good as it does with 4xMSAA at 1440p, and if i add any AA then the FPS drops too far.

You would choose to play at 1080p over 1440p?

FYI - I have managed to stop the crashing by downclocking my CPU from 4ghz to 3.8ghz and lowering Vcore. The 780 Ti must kick out too much heat on RAM / CPU causing it to blue screen. CPU cores were or are never at 100% so I can only presume the extra 200mhz will not be missed

I find it plays best with vsync forced on in nvidia control panel and on in the game too.

Last edited:
You would choose to play at 1080p over 1440p?

FYI - I have managed to stop the crashing by downclocking my CPU from 4ghz to 3.8ghz and lowering Vcore. The 780 Ti must kick out too much heat on RAM / CPU causing it to blue screen. CPU cores were or are never at 100% so I can only presume the extra 200mhz will not be missed

I find it plays best with vsync forced on in nvidia control panel and on in the game too.

You've tested to see if the game crashes when AB and Rivatuner are not running yes? They are known to cause conflicts, but normally driver crashes and not BSOD

Haha, thanks mate - a few ideas there! I think I'm only on about 73% complete but I've done all the missions, the last one I had after the 'main' ending was the Trevor's Mum mission. After that things have gone a bit quite and nothing else is showing. I might venture online but it's a bit daunting isn't it?

I like a lot of the strangers and freaks missions, they are fun.

Online can definitely be daunting but you can easily launch a private session on your own and do solo missions to build up your level and get some cash. Then when your ready jump online with the a**holes lol

I love online, add some people from here, we are always kicking about doing missions/heists etc.

I like a lot of the strangers and freaks missions, they are fun.

Online can definitely be daunting but you can easily launch a private session on your own and do solo missions to build up your level and get some cash. Then when your ready jump online with the a**holes lol

I love online, add some people from here, we are always kicking about doing missions/heists etc.

I'm rubbish online, i just drive around then get bombed or sniped by someone as have no armour and just a shotgun and pistol. Most of the time I just try and run people over, its still fun but i end up dieing most of the time

I'm rubbish online, i just drive around then get bombed or sniped by someone as have no armour and just a shotgun and pistol. Most of the time I just try and run people over, its still fun but i end up dieing most of the time

I am rubbish in free roam as well LOL

If you want to do a private session to do some jobs, I would be happy to help out on that but I don't have a Mic.

Or you could do Solo

That is on your own and there are 70 odd missions that can be done.

I have been grinding for weeks now and have everything I need...

OK so i tried the latest MSI AB which does the exact same thing as EVGA Precision. Crashes GTA5 launcher on startup. Gives me the "GTAV launcher as stopped responding" error...

Are you guy's that are using it changing any of the settings?

Because i'm sure i read somewhere that you have to tweak something within Rivatuner to do with 64bit applications.

Thanks again

OK so i tried the latest MSI AB which does the exact same thing as EVGA Precision. Crashes GTA5 launcher on startup. Gives me the "GTAV launcher as stopped responding" error...

Are you guy's that are using it changing any of the settings?

Because i'm sure i read somewhere that you have to tweak something within Rivatuner to do with 64bit applications.

Thanks again

Have you tried setting GTA5.exe and GTAVlauncher.exe to run as administrator?

Back
Top Bottom