***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

So here's something weird...

I was playing in 21:9 and the cutscenes were going 16:9...

I went into CCC and switched on centered timings, switched on DSR and the DSR option disappeared. Now cutscenes are 21:9...

Last edited:
Just completed my first mission with 3 other people and got $52k - straight to ammunition to spend the lot!

Pic of the start of the mission
** Any image wider than 1280 pixels should be linked or placed in spoiler tags **

apologies - I forgot about this rule
igIz1mK.png

Last edited:
This game is just stunning looking, still can't believe how good it looks.

I have now turned FXAA and depth of field back on, it helps smooth things out and hide some jaggies.

I just wish there was a way to completely move the map/UI stuff to the right/left corners on 21.9 screens.

This game is just stunning looking, still can't believe how good it looks.

I have now turned FXAA and depth of field back on, it helps smooth things out and hide some jaggies.

I just wish there was a way to completely move the map/UI stuff to the right/left corners on 21.9 screens.

Yep it is absolutely atunning.

I don't think I have, in any other game, kept on stopping to watch the sun rise and set....

Also the NPC's comments make me laugh all the time.

The sound track is amazing too.

download a program called msi afterburner, you can overclock your gpus, setup fan profiles, monitor temps, take screesnhots/videos and have a custom overlay to appear in your screen when gaming. It's a great program.

The OSD with MSI Afterburner also requires Riva Tuner statistics server ( you can optionally install it with Afterburner so don't deselect the install thinking it's junk like most other installers :D )

Just ensure to tick the box to install rivatuner stat server with msi ab - the mistake I made the first time.

Does msi ab also do cpu temps now? I was using hwinfo64 to plug into rivatuner so I could have cpu and gpu temps but would rather minimise the crap I have open. Even though I don't even bother having anything open but msi for my custom fan profiles.

I've only recently started using Afterburner and found I can display the details on the LCD screen on my G15 keyboard. Can't believe that after all these years I've actually found a good use for that LCD display!

I uninstalled AB as it was part of my "anti crash" remedial actions.

Still not crashing.

However that remedial action includes lots of other things.

Anyway...

Happy again with performance after everything I have done. Not had any crashes.... stutter/rubberbanding yes (only in certain missions) but no crashes.... and constant 60 FPS

The OSD is a handy function when first getting to know your hardware, but once you know temps are good, usage is good, I find it just takes up space on your screen.

I've used the Steam FPS overlay (high contrast option) for a little while now and that is much less intrusive on your screen, and tbh I'm thinking about binning that too because my FPS is constant after the patch (Y)

^^^^^

obviously, it comes with it

Tbh I assumed Rivatuner was bloatware when I first installed MSI AB.

Back
Top Bottom