***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Just started game and found Trevor waking up on train tracks off his face. After the structure of the game up to the first storyline heist......he is proper chaos theory element

Game has me hooked now...

Does this mean On NCP and On in game is better than Adaptive NCP and On in game? Surely adaptive is better because it would drop to 40 or 50fps instead of 30.

By ALT + TAB you fix the drops to 30 when Vsync is forced On.

Adaptive can cause tearing because it switches off Vsync when your FPS drops below your refresh rate

Just started game and found Trevor waking up on train tracks off his face. After the structure of the game up to the first storyline heist......he is proper chaos theory element

Game has me hooked now...

Oh yeah! As I mentioned a page or two back I was a bit sceptical about Trevor as, let's face it, his first five to ten minutes in the game don't show him in a very good light. But once you get to work with the character and start doing some of the missions/sides (I quite like the idea of being a bail bondsman) the character is a total hoot. I love the insults he comes up with when addressing NPC's.

Thought crossfire doesnt work in windowed borderless mode?

Ah that might be a problem for some then, personally I know nothing about dual card setups :)

I generally use WBM in every other game but in this game, I get more hitching with it.

Fair enough, I haven't noticed a performance difference, I'm just happy to stop the screen splitting, I'll have to try the alt-tab method though and compare.

Folks, for some reason when I press right mouse button whilst in a car, it no longer aims. I made sure my settings are correct but I cannot shoot out of a car no longer.

Any idea why this maybe?

^^

Are you in passsive mode? Are you in someone else's car who is in passive mode? Have you got a weapon equipped?

I decided to try windowed borderless mode again and tbh, I am finding it better than vsync in game now, perhaps they improved it with the patches since I last tried it, I will try locking the FPS to 60 with WBM too.

Is no one else getting really annoying texture pop in? I swear it was never this bad when the game first came out.....

EDIT:

And nope, 60 fps cap with WBM is a no go, too much hitching.

Last edited:
Is no one else getting really annoying texture pop in? I swear it was never this bad when the game first came out.....

yeah I am finding it too.

Also draw distance.

When I am sniping cars, some are now popping out. It seems that once they hit a certain distance 4 in every 5 now disappear.

I don't remember it doing that in the past...

note: All my settings are at max

Glad to hear I am not the only one! It is really annoying, it seems to happen near the corners of my screen on mostly buildings i.e. windows.

I have most things on max except the advanced graphics section.

Been googling about the texture pop-in and it seems like an awful lot of people are noticing it..... going to try some of these suggested fixes:

Mine isn't as bad as that guys though....

Folks, for some reason when I press right mouse button whilst in a car, it no longer aims. I made sure my settings are correct but I cannot shoot out of a car no longer.

Any idea why this maybe?

Yes! It took me a long-ass time to figure it out as I couldnt find this info ANYWHERE but I know why it's happening!

Did you play Single Player only long enough to get to a part where you could leave and join multiplayer asap? Ie completed barely any SP?

You need to load up your SP game and play until you can buy a weapon (As Franklin), then go to his house and save the game and then you should be fine. i drove round for a few minutes shooting out of the car before loading up Online Mode.

For some reason, Online Mode must load some settings from SP, including this one.

353.62 - WHQL drivers are out for those on nVidia/Windows 10

"NVIDIA has been working closely with Microsoft on the development of Windows 10 and DirectX 12. Coinciding with the arrival of Windows 10, this Game Ready driver includes the latest tweaks, bug fixes, and optimizations to ensure you have the best possible gaming experience.

Game Ready
Best gaming experience for Windows 10"

Back
Top Bottom