***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

353.62 - WHQL drivers are out for those on nVidia/Windows 10

"NVIDIA has been working closely with Microsoft on the development of Windows 10 and DirectX 12. Coinciding with the arrival of Windows 10, this Game Ready driver includes the latest tweaks, bug fixes, and optimizations to ensure you have the best possible gaming experience.

Game Ready
Best gaming experience for Windows 10"

Oh dear. I have been actively avoiding driver updates as I was getting epic performance so didn't want to change. Guess I will find out tonight how it runs on 10, uninstalled gta already and wiped that drive so I'm fully starting from scratch on the install.

Backed up my saves though :)

Yes! It took me a long-ass time to figure it out as I couldnt find this info ANYWHERE but I know why it's happening!

Did you play Single Player only long enough to get to a part where you could leave and join multiplayer asap? Ie completed barely any SP?

You need to load up your SP game and play until you can buy a weapon (As Franklin), then go to his house and save the game and then you should be fine. i drove round for a few minutes shooting out of the car before loading up Online Mode.

For some reason, Online Mode must load some settings from SP, including this one.

Genius. Thank you :)

Had my first bash at online tonight. Nabbed a tractor unit and drove around, 2 blokes appear in heli so blew air horns n they landed n let me jump in. Got taken to massively high building after random tour of city by air and then proceeded to take pics of each other stood on edge lol. Also did few races and levelled up

It doesn't catch me as much as SP atm. I guess I need to get involved in heist or something to make most

What drivers are you running? I'm on w10 now and the drivers keep crashing on me.

LOL This is a bit of a shock to me however.... 347.52

I only realised today that they were installed on win 7, I was sure I had moved back to 350.12

however it seems I had moved even further back.

I will test more later today but was butter smooth (hate that phrase) for the 10 mins I played it

I might give some older drivers a go if it will let me.

Literally cant enable sli and it crashes on basic things. Pain so far for this element.

Grrrr

I have disabled updates on the Nvidia tab. \

I am seeing if I can disable auto updates from Win 10 as I don't want that over riding my driver choice.

I am about to loop fire strike to see how stable they are and will let you know,

Grrrr

I have disabled updates on the Nvidia tab. \

I am seeing if I can disable auto updates from Win 10 as I don't want that over riding my driver choice.

I am about to loop fire strike to see how stable they are and will let you know,

Awesome, thanks. I am pretty sure they were the ones I was on before I went to w10, they were the most stable for me. I reckon the install will say they aren't compatible for me though...

Awesome, thanks. I am pretty sure they were the ones I was on before I went to w10, they were the most stable for me. I reckon the install will say they aren't compatible for me though...

Well they are installing!

EDIT: These are the ones that don't allow changes within w10. So if I go to enable SLI - it tells me to end tasks that cant be ended without you being logged out.

Definitely not trying the proper ones though...well report back if I have any success

Last edited:
Important W10 Info

OK so got it going perfectly now.

IF you have upgraded to windows 10 - the drivers on the NVidia website are 353.30 - do not install.

Instead - install drivers 353.62 - either by downloading from guru3d or by installing old drivers(347.52 work) and then allowing GeForce to upgrade you to 353.62 and do a fresh install.

SLI is now enabled - good to go :)

OK so got it going perfectly now.

IF you have upgraded to windows 10 - the drivers on the NVidia website are 353.30 - do not install.

Instead - install drivers 353.62 - either by downloading from guru3d or by installing old drivers(347.52 work) and then allowing GeForce to upgrade you to 353.62 and do a fresh install.

SLI is now enabled - good to go :)

That's awesome. :)

Sooo impressed with win 10

20 years in IT, hating with a absolute passion, everything MS, first time I have enjoyed an upgrade....

Will test GTA later today.... seeing it is 4 am..... LOL

That's awesome. :)

Sooo impressed with win 10

20 years in IT, hating with a absolute passion, everything MS, first time I have enjoyed an upgrade....

Will test GTA later today.... seeing it is 4 am..... LOL

I had to go offline as well, luckily I'm starting later this morning.

Tbh, I agree with you - I think my issues were due to corrupt nvidia drivers instead of the os, second time around was flawless. Will be interesting to see the performance.

I installed Windows 10 last night after not turning the computer on in a week, also downloaded the latest patch that came out a few days ago. Performance is stunning now.

I turned up the graphics settings a bit higher than it was previously, and enabled V-Sync in game (instead of the one in the NVC), couldn't believe how well the game ran - really impressed!

The guy who's not trevor and not black's hair seems to be different after installing windows 10...

Performance is similar for me. Though I have got improved loading times, I did a totally fresh install.

Is it just me or does the game look better now in parts? Even just from my apartment, looking out across the gold course etc. it looks much sharper, much better now for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom