***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Any others having this issue?

ADVUm92.png.jpg

4lO3vrk.png
No MSAA, I have FXAA along with sweetfx and all the settings are on near max except grass, shadows and the advanced settings.

Tried turning;

sweetfx off
FXAA in game off
changing from borderless to fullscreen
various settings in AMD CCC

But still getting that shimmering/flickering effect :(

Last edited:
Those of you who run SweetFX

What do you for AA

I use K-putts Config, with SMAA and in game MSAAx4 and the game looks amazing, but isnt SMAA supposed to supercede MSAA, because without MSAA i cant get it too look decent

guys, getting this issue on GTA V running on Windows 10. Using Crossfire 390's and 15.7.1 driver. I thought it might have been an issue with Sweetfx I was running, but deleted all the files and ran as normal, but error was still happening after 10-20 minutes of gaming. Another thing I noticed, at times the screen would flicker like crazy, but alt+enter to go windowed then alt+enter again to go back to full screen would fix it.

Anyway, here's the error, what you think?

20200708002_1d3c6b607b_o.png

guys, getting this issue on GTA V running on Windows 10. Using Crossfire 390's and 15.7.1 driver. I thought it might have been an issue with Sweetfx I was running, but deleted all the files and ran as normal, but error was still happening after 10-20 minutes of gaming. Another thing I noticed, at times the screen would flicker like crazy, but alt+enter to go windowed then alt+enter again to go back to full screen would fix it.

seems im not the only one http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/611703709830303956/

I had that this evening tony. I switched gta exe files to admin, turned off msi and also turned off every other screen aside from the one I was going to play on and it loaded first time after that. Weird

Edit: Mine was a bit more extreme though as when I launched the game,the sirens from the intro went then my computer would restart. Weird behaviour.

Last edited:

CHeck you dont hame multiple launchers open Tony, i had a couple or crashes with that same msg the other day right after i got into the game which is very unusual for me, then i looked at what might have caused it and noticed i had about 5 or 6 gta launchers open, i must have been impatient and clicked it a few times or summat. Anyway i shut them all down and it loaded perfectly.

I had that this evening tony. I switched gta exe files to admin, turned off msi and also turned off every other screen aside from the one I was going to play on and it loaded first time after that. Weird

Edit: Mine was a bit more extreme though as when I launched the game,the sirens from the intro went then my computer would restart. Weird behaviour.

Pretty Much what C35799Gamble

This error had been the bane of my life with GTA

Set the launcher and game to admin, switch of AB (if installed)

Mine could be "resolved" by down clocking my card, however that was most definitely a Nvidia thing. There were issues with Crossfire in the early days but that seemed to be resolved with driver roll backs.

This error is listed in the error codes as stated. failed to initialize. however it seems to be a generic code for, well pick a scenario..

It is completely frustrating and I really hope you get it sorted.

Finally caved and bought this, partly to give my new 980 a test. £29 seems steep to me these days :p. 20 hours download though, won't be done until 10pm at the soonest :(.

Back
Top Bottom