***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Can't be bothered resizing.... Some shots from last night:

Jester was really shocked that we failed!
GTA5_2015_08_11_16_49_03_958.png

All aboard the fun bus (until a hacker ruined it)
GTA5_2015_08_12_00_45_22_390.png

GTA5_2015_08_12_00_41_58_268.png

One of my favouite cars:
GTA5_2015_08_12_00_38_44_093.png

Ninja pops out of the water:
GTA5_2015_08_12_00_29_45_424.png

I was updating my garages yesterday, bought a couple of the classics - I adore the Stirling GT, such an awesome looking car and makes a refreshing change from the usual tearing around in a T20/Turismo R.

What's a good 4x4/off road vehicle that you chaps can recommend?

Back to the SP game, I read there is supposed to be a way of opening some sort of "completion guide" from within Social Club to show the location of letter fragments and the UFO artifacts. However when I open Social Club within the game there are no options I can see to open up any sort of subsidiary guide or to get these items to appear on the in game map.

Was this something purely for the console version or am I missing something obvious here, folks?

That would be great actually, where did you see that?

My favourites:
* Rusty Rebel (So much customisation)
* Canis Mesa (Get the Merryweather one with no roof)
* Bifta (I had this a few times but really loving it now)

If you want to try some out we can pop into my garage :) Add me (V4NT0M)

Hi, im looking to buy this, currenlty building a new PC, with online do you play against each other, or do some kind of co op ?

Thanks
It's both and you can pretty much choose which way you want to play.

That would be great actually, where did you see that?

Think it picked up on a couple of sites, including the Wikia, after googling for "GTA V collectibles map" or similar, but frustratingly while its existence within Social Club is mentioned how to access it isn't.

BTW is it just me or should this topic be split into two separate threads - those looking for assistance/help with the SP game and those writing about their online experiences? It might avoid specific questions falling off the front page within a couple of hours.

I was updating my garages yesterday, bought a couple of the classics - I adore the Stirling GT, such an awesome looking car and makes a refreshing change from the usual tearing around in a T20/Turismo R.

What are you using it for? I bought the new offroad (can't remember the name, it was in the last update, at the top of the page on the website - the one with the big tyres all over it!), it looks great but I'm not really loving it, it doesn't feel that good to drive.

I still love the dune buggy for offroad, it handles really well.

Sanchez is probably best for racing.

Karuma and Insurgent are actually both fine offroad too (and obviously offer more protection).

My favourites:
* Rusty Rebel (So much customisation)
* Canis Mesa (Get the Merryweather one with no roof)
* Bifta (I had this a few times but really loving it now)

If you want to try some out we can pop into my garage :) Add me (V4NT0M)

Thanks Skyfall, I might have to take you up on that :) I'll try not to crash them too badly :p

What are you using it for? I bought the new offroad (can't remember the name, it was in the last update, at the top of the page on the website - the one with the big tyres all over it!), it looks great but I'm not really loving it, it doesn't feel that good to drive.

I still love the dune buggy for offroad, it handles really well.

Sanchez is probably best for racing.

Karuma and Insurgent are actually both fine offroad too (and obviously offer more protection).

Mostly for off-road races, I've got cars in the other classes that I can upgrade and use, but nothing for the off-road category. I did try a race in the Coil thingy (the new you mentioned with tyres on it) and didn't like how it handled, so something that's quick but nimble off road would be awesome.

Fancied a change from the old nVidia shadows so I switched to "Soft - High Res - Long shadows". Looks wicked!

The performance is roughly the same if not maybe a few more frequent dips

GTA5%202015-08-12%2015-43-46_zpshzeatlmt.png

Last edited:
im about to pull the trigger on this game.
any good tips? any worthwhile mods?
ive found it for £25.(kinguin) anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Could not recommend this game enough. I played offline until I completed it and put the game down for a few months, a few weeks ago I decided to check online and was really hooked on the online side of things esp with some great people from this forum.

Make sure if you join online to request an invite to the OcUK crew.

Could not recommend this game enough. I played offline until I completed it and put the game down for a few months, a few weeks ago I decided to check online and was really hooked on the online side of things esp with some great people from this forum.

Make sure if you join online to request an invite to the OcUK crew.

ive wanted this game since day of release but held off due to the amount of games i have in my steam libary but ive made a effort to play through a few games and delete others i will never play,i simply just cant hold off anymore!hahaha

its downloading now!!!

any tips?

ive wanted this game since day of release but held off due to the amount of games i have in my steam libary but ive made a effort to play through a few games and delete others i will never play,i simply just cant hold off anymore!hahaha

its downloading now!!!

any tips?

99.9% of the people you meet online will automatically kill your face in a variety of wonderful ways :p I'm normally a live and let live kinda guy - I used to happily be able to run past people in PVP zones in WoW without having to gank them, but GTA V has turned me into a horrible sonofabeech that will sticky bomb first and ask questions later :o

Join the crew if you're not already in it - the chaps in the crew are a top bunch and won't kill you...too much :p

haha i expected as much thats pretty much the only way people know how to play online isnt it?! haha however i wont be like that yet.....

is this the ocuk clan? OcUKTech

edit: found it (link was on front page!!)

iv'e requested a invite.

Last edited:
Thanks Skyfall, I might have to take you up on that :) I'll try not to crash them too badly :p

Mostly for off-road races, I've got cars in the other classes that I can upgrade and use, but nothing for the off-road category. I did try a race in the Coil thingy (the new you mentioned with tyres on it) and didn't like how it handled, so something that's quick but nimble off road would be awesome.

Yes the Coil, that’s it, it looks great alright but I really am not liking driving it at all. Feels so clunky and the brakes are appalling.

I must do the races actually, I hear you get some cool new paint colours for the vehicles after 50 fast starts.

I have found no performance hit whatsoever. I have tested with it on and off under the same circumstances and it was the exact same.

Here is the one I am using:
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3450/

Hey Gamble I started using this over the "1000 times better one" despite the screenshots on the website it actually looks really nice! I probably lose anywhere from 5 - 10 fps. Try the game without it loaded at all, even flicking it on and off in game doesn't give you a true reflection of how much you actually lose, though I think the higher the res the more fps the filters are going to take and I'm pushing almost 5 million pixels :'(

Some screenshots from today:

Jester doing his allahu akbar thing:

Flying with Chrissy:

All full res shots available here, as with all of my screenshots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom