***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Is it down ?

Signs me in offline, while loading to Main Menu, just says Initialising Social Club bottom right, then instead of the main menu coming on, it just starts me in single player, tanding in me house.

Very down

They had scheduled maintenance that has over ran.

latest update

8/18/15 Update: Maintenance is running slightly longer than expected, but please stay tuned for updates. Thanks for your patience.

Supposed to be up and running shortly.

Rockstar Support ✔ @RockstarSupport

@jeldrey90 The maintenance should be completed shortly. Thanks for your patience.
*MF

This was last message that popped up on the community page.

Hey LoadsaMoney, hope you don't use that as your ingame name, taking a hell of a chance there :p

Yeah I would say it's not an outrageous claim. They have implemented a more rigorous system. I know of one person who admits they have used a trainer in a solo sessions, without anybody else in the session and was banned almost instantly on PC. They had until that time not used any mods or received any money.
Also there is a significant amount of people opening tickets today, who, before they can even login online, have received emails.... Most of which are to do with mod money.... This has been happening since Tuesday last week.

As their automated systems are triggering a ban for anyone that had received money from a hacker, I imagine the servers will be fairly empty for the next couple of weeks...

To me that implies anyone who has ever received modded money. In which case most of us who have ever set foot in a public lobby are ****ed.

In which case there would be very few players left to play GTA Online and I would imagine widespread outrage

To me that implies anyone who has ever received modded money. In which case most of us who have ever set foot in a public lobby are ****ed.

In which case there would be very few players left to play GTA Online and I would imagine widespread outrage

TBH there is quite a lot of Rage at the moment... LOL

Some tickets from people are from weeks ago as they have not been online and received the messages, others have only just finished bans and have been banned again!!!

However most of the rage today is around not being able to play..... GRRRRrrrr I can;t access GTA onlne! WHY!!

Well I think it must be coming back up as rockstar support bods are posting again..... Mostly to tell people it will be back up when its back up....

Just this minute:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/205320947-Banned

Hi rockstar! i recently got banned because of big money changes, that was because a random person sent me about 300k money. i got banned and i want to know how long and why!?

'Bans generally last two weeks. Please refrain from cheating or using modded money in the future to avoid this from happening again.'

...loads of posts like this on the community section.

hi, just installed this today so hoping can add a few people from here for some heists, looking at youtube videos it seems fun,

im wondering you using a 290x , im using a MSI gaming 290 , 1080p everything maxed AA off, it solid 60fps, with 2x AA it drops depending on area to 45fps, how does your 290x run, i know this should be in the performance thread sorry

Thanks

290X runs great with it, can't remember what settings I'm using as I haven't had to change them since I installed it months ago, I think from memory the only thing I turned down was shadows. It looks great and runs very well, rarely drops below 60 FPS but it does happen sometimes, say when there's loads of NPCs on the odd mission.

So, I've had my issue escalated and Rockstar have confirmed that I have been automatically flagged as a cheater "because of a random jump in GTA$ on my account" and that the ban will not be lifted early.

So basically being given money by a hacker will result in you being banned.

Good going R*.... :rolleyes:

How much money did the hacker give you? I got €800k from a cheater... I mean 'modder' (thought I might as well get something useful from them for them ruining 50% of free roaming games) one time but that hasn't been a problem.

hi, just installed this today so hoping can add a few people from here for some heists, looking at youtube videos it seems fun,

im wondering you using a 290x , im using a MSI gaming 290 , 1080p everything maxed AA off, it solid 60fps, with 2x AA it drops depending on area to 45fps, how does your 290x run, i know this should be in the performance thread sorry

Thanks
What resolution are you running at? Overclocked?

25% drop in FPS is normal for MSAA.

I was running a single 290 at 1080p everything maxed 4x MSAA, 2x MSAA at 1440p.

Don't have grass on Ultra it will destroy your FPS and Very High looks as good imo.

At the moment I'm running 2x 290s at 3440x1440 and I keep around 60fps with just SMAA injected, adding 2x MSAA will drop me to 45 at times.

On the subject of bans: I'm at work so can't check if I'm banned I don't think but I'm pretty confident money from bags is still in my bank.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom