***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Is there still a fair amount of people playing this online? I haven't played in quite some time and kinda want to play it again.

There's usually 6-9 of us playing from the OcUK crew, likely a few more than that as I don't have everyone from the crew added as friends.

Random wise, there's a metric tonne of other people/cannon fodder online at all times ;)

Nice photos TT :)

Finally got my second character to 100, really impressed how fast I got her there, rank 1 to 100 in 6 days :D. Took my male character about 3 months to get that far, these double RP missions certainly helped quite a bit.

Have been at it 16hrs straight since 5pm yesterday :eek:. Managed to progress 25 ranks and make around 2/2.5mil, a bit tired now :).

Next on my list is getting my main character from 263 to 300, will try and take advantage of the double RP while I can.

So far the Lester double RP is a bit disappointing, had better RP and money with the Martin missions.

Also I'm always online if anyone wants to add me (same username), always happy to help out or just run missions/heists. Also if anyone wants to max out or be very close to it their strength stat in about 20mins let me know, I have a special mission just for that. Need to increase that stat on my second character as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried this today on my 290X lightning and it's running like ****e then crashing. Also got a message saying running out of memory.
On afterburner it's saying around 2400 memory and the cards running at about 700Mhz.

I only had a quick 5mins as had to go out. Do I need to turn settings down? Not sure why the card ain't maxing it's power though.

Tried this today on my 290X lightning and it's running like ****e then crashing. Also got a message saying running out of memory.
On afterburner it's saying around 2400 memory and the cards running at about 700Mhz.

I only had a quick 5mins as had to go out. Do I need to turn settings down? Not sure why the card ain't maxing it's power though.

Might be worth doing a quick google to see what settings people are running with that card, despite being an older title, it still whoops a lot of PC's if it's cranked right the way up.

The loading screens do take for ever, thats just GTA online.

Sprite1275 whats your other system specs, what res you using, and are you using lastest drivers?

Sounds like your card isnt been utilised whether thats down to drivers, a bottle neck or some other program (afterburner) causing problems. I would list your system specs and resolution then we can suggest the best settings for smooth running.

The loading screens do take for ever, thats just GTA online.

Sprite1275 whats your other system specs, what res you using, and are you using lastest drivers?

Sounds like your card isnt been utilised whether thats down to drivers, a bottle neck or some other program (afterburner) causing problems. I would list your system specs and resolution then we can suggest the best settings for smooth running.

Specs are i5 3570k, 8gb RAM. Win 7, 290X lightning.
Radeon software version 15.12
Msi afterburner 4.2

Last edited:
Nice photos TT :)

Finally got my second character to 100, really impressed how fast I got her there, rank 1 to 100 in 6 days :D. Took my male character about 3 months to get that far, these double RP missions certainly helped quite a bit.

Have been at it 16hrs straight since 5pm yesterday :eek:. Managed to progress 25 ranks and make around 2/2.5mil, a bit tired now :).

Next on my list is getting my main character from 263 to 300, will try and take advantage of the double RP while I can.

So far the Lester double RP is a bit disappointing, had better RP and money with the Martin missions.

Also I'm always online if anyone wants to add me (same username), always happy to help out or just run missions/heists. Also if anyone wants to max out or be very close to it their strength stat in about 20mins let me know, I have a special mission just for that. Need to increase that stat on my second character as well.

16 hours?!?!? Do you not work? :eek:

Weird one: I run GTAV once. Play. End the game. Then when I try to reload it, it fails and sits in task manager. 4.5MB RAM always and then I have to restart the PC. Any thoughts?

Called it for tonight. another million today but ranking up is a little more difficult.

Lester missions were a disappointment TBH. they did not seem to flow that well and always ended up at his warehouse which is a bit of a pain when dropping out.

Cheers Radeon and pete... Gerald tomorrow.

Specs are i5 3570k, 8gb RAM. Win 7, 290X lightning.
Radeon software version 15.12
Msi afterburner 4.2

I just disabled one of my cards to see what a single card can handle at stock speeds and at 1080p it can virtually max the settings.

Unless your running at full extended scale distance or with lots of MSAA then you shouldnt need to turn down many of the settings to get a nice fps.

Have you tried running a 3dmark or Unigine benchmark to test your card is performing as it should be?

Called it for tonight. another million today but ranking up is a little more difficult.

Lester missions were a disappointment TBH. they did not seem to flow that well and always ended up at his warehouse which is a bit of a pain when dropping out.

Cheers Radeon and pete... Gerald tomorrow.

Sorry for not making it on tonight, got out of work quite late and was shattered. I will make it on tomorrow and Friday fir the all mission double rp.

Back
Top Bottom