***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

I just disabled one of my cards to see what a single card can handle at stock speeds and at 1080p it can virtually max the settings.

Unless your running at full extended scale distance or with lots of MSAA then you shouldnt need to turn down many of the settings to get a nice fps.

Have you tried running a 3dmark or Unigine benchmark to test your card is performing as it should be?

Nice one. 1080p is the res I'm running at. I shall have another look when I get home and try a 3d mark test.

I just disabled one of my cards to see what a single card can handle at stock speeds and at 1080p it can virtually max the settings.

Unless your running at full extended scale distance or with lots of MSAA then you shouldnt need to turn down many of the settings to get a nice fps.

Have you tried running a 3dmark or Unigine benchmark to test your card is performing as it should be?

Tested fire strike and got 9492 and it ran it ok.

Edit. Tested game again, turned down scaling distance to half and the game ran ok with close to 100% card usage. Great for 5 mins then it crashes again and I've got a Windows message saying "computer low on memory. Save files and Close GTA V"

Last edited:
logged on last night, gave lester a call, went to see him and it said he will call you when he has some jobs available. he never rang

I find them by going to Menu - Online - Jobs - Rockstar Created - Missions, and then browsing through those.

I tried to send a few invites out to the crew but nobody wanted to play with us :p

I find them by going to Menu - Online - Jobs - Rockstar Created - Missions, and then browsing through those.

I tried to send a few invites out to the crew but nobody wanted to play with us :p

ahh ok, i managed one job but didnt actually do anything. i sat in someones car, climed to the top of a tower, shot one bloke. other guy shot a ton of them, dorve to another point and job done.

ahh ok, i managed one job but didnt actually do anything. i sat in someones car, climed to the top of a tower, shot one bloke. other guy shot a ton of them, dorve to another point and job done.

Sounds like the standard way to get through missions quickly. Stay in the armored Kuruma, shoot everything that moves, hand the mission in and profit :)

I've started trying to do them on foot recently, keep the Kuruma nearby in case it gets too much but trying to do them tactically.

I have only recently found out about that menu! So useful.

It's brill, I never really used it much as I often did quick jobs but that menu lets me launch the jobs I like doing and not having to mess around with rubbish ones.

cheers, will have a go at that later.

who is the double xp with today?

Tested fire strike and got 9492 and it ran it ok.

Edit. Tested game again, turned down scaling distance to half and the game ran ok with close to 100% card usage. Great for 5 mins then it crashes again and I've got a Windows message saying "computer low on memory. Save files and Close GTA V"

You havent changed/disabled your pagefile have you? I assume ya just let windows handle it. Sometimes people disable it when moving around system files and forget about it.

When you do a mission that supports up to 6 people with only 3 people do you get more money than if done with 6 people? Bigger cut!
What about on your own :) all the cake!?

You havent changed/disabled your pagefile have you? I assume ya just let windows handle it. Sometimes people disable it when moving around system files and forget about it.

I didn't disable it but I think Samsung magician might of messed with it maybe. I've turned it to custom, gave it 2gb and located it to my D drive instead of my ssd.

Seems to of done the trick but I still need to sort the settings out as I'm getting stutter. Also when I turned the game off Windows started dumping files and restarted the PC.

Not sure why this games messing with memory so much. Task manager is reading around 5gb memory use while playing so what's happening with the other 3gb.

When you do a mission that supports up to 6 people with only 3 people do you get more money than if done with 6 people? Bigger cut!
What about on your own :) all the cake!?

There are various small multipliers for doing it with more people. However You can do them solo and still make good money and RP. So if you fancy doing them on your own, go into an invite only session (not solo) and then you can bring up the missions and take your pick. Bear in mind if you do do it solo, you collect all the kill RP and that can add up on big missions like The Los Santos connection where you have at least 50 + kills.

I didn't disable it but I think Samsung magician might of messed with it maybe. I've turned it to custom, gave it 2gb and located it to my D drive instead of my ssd.

Seems to of done the trick but I still need to sort the settings out as I'm getting stutter. Also when I turned the game off Windows started dumping files and restarted the PC.

Not sure why this games messing with memory so much. Task manager is reading around 5gb memory use while playing so what's happening with the other 3gb.

Yeah im not too sure whats going on with your mem, i just leave pagefile on auto, its set to 5gig atm. I would start a thread about that on the mem forum page.

For settings with that card ya should be able to run everything on max except Grass on Vhigh not ultra. On advanced graphics you can turn on Long shadows and detailed streaming but leave off High res shadows, frame pacing and only use a few ticks of Extended Scale Distance at most.

My i7 might be giving me a boost over your i5 so yours might not yield exactly the same results but i got a solid 60 fps with them settings. Thats using vsync and a 60hz monitor. If it is the case my CPU is boosting my low end FPS preventing stutter, it might just be a case of dropping a few settings, i would start with grass and particles as theyre very demanding and dropping them both to high cane give you a big boost.

Some people would prefer to turn down some settings to gain more AA or increase the extended scaling distance but thats all down to personal preference.

I get crossfire stutter so i need to limit the frames to 59 to eliminate it but using a single card you shouldnt get this as i didnt when i disabled crossfire, maybe your not using a 60hz monitor and vsync the same as me?

Last edited:
Yeah im not too sure whats going on with your mem, i just leave pagefile on auto, its set to 5gig atm. I would start a thread about that on the mem forum page.

For settings with that card ya should be able to run everything on max except Grass on Vhigh not ultra. On advanced graphics you can turn on Long shadows and detailed streaming but leave off High res shadows, frame pacing and only use a few ticks of Extended Scale Distance at most.

My i7 might be giving me a boost over your i5 so yours might not yield exactly the same results but i got a solid 60 fps with them settings. Thats using vsync and a 60hz monitor. If it is the case my CPU is boosting my low end FPS preventing stutter, it might just be a case of dropping a few settings, i would start with grass and particles as theyre very demanding and dropping them both to high cane give you a big boost.

Some people would prefer to turn down some settings to gain more AA or increase the extended scaling distance but thats all down to personal preference.

I get crossfire stutter so i need to limit the frames to 59 to eliminate it but using a single card you shouldnt get this as i didnt when i disabled crossfire, maybe your not using a 60hz monitor and vsync the same as me?

Thanks, I shall try messing with them settings and as you say start a thread in memory. I have everything maxed apart from the extended scaling which is just over half.

I could also do with overclocking the i5 as its on stock at the mo. I've forgoten how to go about it. I'll have to read up again.

Back
Top Bottom