***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

That was my understanding as well, however it is incorrect. Host receives no set up cash, just RP.

I had never noticed until Guru pointed it out.

All this time playing (over 1000hrs) and I never noticed :eek:

Typical, come out of the strip joint to be greeted with heavy rain and epic thunderstorm

Thunderstorms in this game are stunning, would like to see thunderstorms occur a little more often than they do.

Would love it if they added the ability for planes to get hit by lightning and incur damage or even explode. Would be great for people who use hydras for griefing. Just hide and hope for a good thunderstorm :D

The Prison Break:

Cost for leader to start it: $40,000

Easy Payout: $200,000

Normal Payout: $400,000

Hard Payout: $500,000

As I said, Prison Break at 40% for the host, unacceptable for me.

Especially when he was lower rank than the rest of us. Sometimes, I don't know what other people are doing, they dilly dally around and not actually get any kills.

I think you may be forgetting the cash from the setup missions:

(Assuming all played on hard difficulty)

Host: 40% of $500,000 = $200,000 (- $40,000 initial cost) = $160,000

Others: 20% of $500,000 = $100,000 (+ 4 x $19,000 setup missions) = $176,000

Even at 40/20/20/20 the host actually ends up with a bit less money so 40% is fair for that mission. So you might be waiting a while before a random host gives away 25% :p

Even at 40/20/20/20 the host actually ends up with a bit less money so 40% is fair for that mission. So you might be waiting a while before a random host gives away 25% :p

In my first heist, the leader was being very generous then! :D

Very true. Any heists I did with randoms I didn't care what I was given as long as they were taking the urine with 5% or something.

With mine, I have stopped spending as much money randomly, and still have all my criminal mastermind money so generally go for 0% for myself. :)

Rank 300 :D

Great fun doing all these missions but might need to do some heists... LOL

Very nice, I'm looking forward to reaching that rank :)

Will need to do some missions as well, need to save up for a yacht for my other character, only 7mil short of the target and she still has no hydra yet :D

Heists tomorrow then? :)

I don't mind giving up my whole cut on the heists to fund your yacht needs ha

Definitely up for heists again :)

Going to jump on and make the most of the current RP for a bit. Working until 8pm so I can jump on by 8:30pm at the earliest if there's space available.

Is tomorrow a double RP day again or was today the last day?

Same here, no worries giving up my share "cos I is proper minted like...." :D

Haha same here, mental how much I made this week and that was with missing two days! Was a good event

Playing this at twice the resolution my screen supports...

Dynamic Super Resolution, it's awesome

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...w-to-enable-dynamic-super-resolution-in-games.

I prefer to use MSAA X4, however DSR is great. GTA though does have frame scaling, which is essentially DSR but on the game side. You might want to compare to see which has the least overhead verses results. Someone will be able to let us now which is better in there opinion and has the least GPU overhead...

Just popped on to have a fly around n stuff... I actually think I have hit a wall with regards to what I want to spend my money on. Most things I have tried and bought based on that. I own all the warstock stuff I want (Gamble Warstock is having a 25% sale today if you are after a helicopter) so I am a little stuck for ideas....

What I do know is, I will be doing heists over the next few days........ :D

Thanks for the 25% off warning on warstock, bought my hydra and insurgent for my other player now before I head to work :D

Have 1.4mil remaining so shouldn't take to long to save up to 9mil for that yacht, preferably 10mil first as I don't want to be short :)

I use DSR as I find it does a much nicer job with removing jaggies while keeping things sharp.

My screen is 32" 1080p but I use DSR and downscale it from 3325x1871 (all settings maxed) and use FXAA, everything looks nice and sharp, no jaggies even on power lines or windows on building very far into the distance, even while panning.

At that res and settings it does max out 2x 980 Ti's at times but it does look stunning.

A single card with DSR downscaled from 2560x1440 should still look very nice and modern GPU's handle that res pretty easily these days.

Any game I run now I just use DSR as AA and it looks great, best feature that Nvidia has added in many years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the 25% off warning on warstock, bought my hydra and insurgent for my other player now before I head to work :D

Have 1.4mil remaining so shouldn't take to long to save up to 9mil for that yacht, preferably 10mil first as I don't want to be short :)

I use DSR as I find it does a much nicer job with removing jaggies while keeping things sharp.

My screen is 32" 1080p but I use DSR and downscale it from 3325x1871 (all settings maxed) and use FXAA, everything looks nice and sharp, no jaggies even on power lines or windows on building very far into the distance, even while panning.

At that res and settings it does max out 2x 980 Ti's at times but it does look stunning.

A single card with DSR downscaled from 2560x1440 should still look very nice and modern GPU's handle that res pretty easily these days.

Any game I run now I just use DSR as AA and it looks great, best feature that Nvidia has added in many years.

DSR or VSR does look great, but its very demanding when you get out into large open areas, i have the power for it in the city but as soon as i get out into the grassy areas my FPS plummets, does a good job in distant AA though, i use MSAA4x most the time but on distant stuff its useless, only works well on the close stuff.

I tried high lvls of extended scaling distance the other day, looked great flying around untill i flew over to the docks then my FPS plummeted to like 40 , i guess its a combination of all the stuff going on and the water there it just doesnt like it. The only way to get it back up to 60 fps was to drop it to about 1/3 of the bar.

I will be online in an hour or so. Just finished installing the second 980ti so will be spending a few mins getting the gfx settings in GTA setup :)

Current was:
3200x`800 with everything on normal gfx maxxed with the exception of MSAA/reflection MSAA, and the advanced screen I had the high res shadows on.

Will put it up to 4k, up the MSAA and see how we go :)

Back
Top Bottom