***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

OK no problem! DO they know your borrowing it? :P

Yeah, i think they probably know since it will be very laggy their end now. :D

I use BT Fibre, they give you a password so you can log into any other BT hub thats using wifi. Unfortunately the only one in range seems to be about 5 mbit. Feels like im on 56k again compared to the 80meg i've become accustomed to.

Little moan here....why when you're doing heists do people just quit? I mean, the time it takes to setup and then they just leave halfway through, really ****** me off.

Anyway, having fun most of the time, it seems a lot has been added since it first came out on PS4 and now playing on PC with better graphics just adds to it all.

Oh and had my first modder in a session yesterday, got locked inside a giant tank of some sort. Just joined a heist and it was gone.

That's all folks haha :D

Rich

Little moan here....why when you're doing heists do people just quit? I mean, the time it takes to setup and then they just leave halfway through, really ****** me off.

That I really hate with some randoms. They choose to play and wait in the lobby for ages waiting for others to join, take there time to pick there car/outfit play for a few mins and quit never to return, bunch of trolls some of them :mad:

If I ever disappear then I've either crashed or had a power cut :D

Will be jumping on again later, even random lobbies have gone quiet in the last few days, must be playing the division :)

Will get around to trying that out eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone switched from a spindle drive to SSD with this game and noticed much less stuttering?

I'm getting stuttering in places, and usually the hard light drive is flashing like mad at the same time. I also get a few frame skips here and there just before character dialogue, so I think this is when it's loading the next sound and animation files?

Post #12831

Mine is installed on a 1tb hdd with no stuttering, but i think the loading times are quite long, just debating whether to re-install this on my SSD or not to see if it improves.

Anybody else moved their install to an SSD from HDD?

Rich.

Post #12831

Mine is installed on a 1tb hdd with no stuttering, but i think the loading times are quite long, just debating whether to re-install this on my SSD or not to see if it improves.

Anybody else moved their install to an SSD from HDD?

Rich.

Cheers. My rig is a bit lower spec than yours (i5-4690k, 8GB, 970), and I'm actually wondering if the HDD is on it's way out anyway.

Cheers. My rig is a bit lower spec than yours (i5-4690k, 8GB, 970), and I'm actually wondering if the HDD is on it's way out anyway.

Can you elaborate on what you are experiencing?

There are a few things to try before considering a HD change. Regardless of necessity, a SSD is the best upgrade anybody can make who is currently on a HDD. PC or Laptop. IMO

First thing I would do to test however, is try increasing your Virtual memory to 12GB and test, You can put it back to windows managed if it has no effect, For me that resolved most of my stutter and rubber banding issues... (make sure you have enough space on your drive or that will cause more issues)

Actually i did notice my system memory is running around 8gb when in game with nothing running in background. (except afterburner for screen info).

Now when i was playing the new tomb raider, before i upgraded to 16gb ram, i was getting a few notices of low system memory, that just before slowed a little in game?

Also is anybody on today for some heists? I appreciate you've probably all done them, but would like to do them with people who know what to do.

Ignot my advice as you have 16Gb of mem, my bad (is My bad an Americanism??)

Anyway Radeon and Gamble have TI's and I am sure they will have some advice.

I am currently back on Elite for a GTA break, However I will defo pop on for heists with you this evening and anybody else. Love Heists

I will be in an invite only session, so let us know when you are on and we can see who is about....

Actually i did notice my system memory is running around 8gb when in game with nothing running in background. (except afterburner for screen info).

Now when i was playing the new tomb raider, before i upgraded to 16gb ram, i was getting a few notices of low system memory, that just before slowed a little in game?

Whats happening with your game?

Will be on this weekend for heists for sure :)

Has anyone switched from a spindle drive to SSD with this game and noticed much less stuttering?

I'm getting stuttering in places, and usually the hard light drive is flashing like mad at the same time. I also get a few frame skips here and there just before character dialogue, so I think this is when it's loading the next sound and animation files?

I have put over 1100hrs into the game when running on a 3TB Seagate 7200rpm HDD and it's been very good. Loading times on this game though does take absolutely ages.

Out of curiosity I moved my GTA 5 folder (steam version) to my SSD (1TB 850 Pro) and online loading times were exactly the same though SP did load a bit quicker.

Even when flying a hydra/besra jet at full speed through the city or around the forests it was exactly the same on the SSD as it was the HDD. I may keep the game on the SSD or move it back to the HDD, not sure yet.

Also is anybody on today for some heists? I appreciate you've probably all done them, but would like to do them with people who know what to do.

I'm always up for heists, I never get bored of them and I need to save up my money so I will need to do lots and lots of heists :)

I tend to be on later on the weekends due to work (8pm onwards), but during the week I'm free most of the time usually. If I'm offline and you want to run a heist just send me a message via the rockstar messages. As long as I'm not doing anything I will happily login for a bit :)

Ignot my advice as you have 16Gb of mem, my bad (is My bad an Americanism??)

Anyway Radeon and Gamble have TI's and I am sure they will have some advice.

I am currently back on Elite for a GTA break, However I will defo pop on for heists with you this evening and anybody else. Love Heists

I will be in an invite only session, so let us know when you are on and we can see who is about....

If you ever see me only I will happily join in, I'm usually just messing about in freeroam anyway :)

When it comes to the page file I let Windows handle it, seems to do just fine. I find GTA 5 barely touches the page file even after hours of playing. It does love RAM though. Always uses about 6GB of system RAM on mine, along with maxing out the 6GB of VRAM on the 980Ti. For anti-aliasing I use DSR and downscale from a higher resolution along with FXAA, textures are still nice and sharp with no jaggies and without the penalty of running with other AA methods.

Not sure if its true, will blow some random persons car up later to test it :D

Insurance Premiums and Bad Sport Point Accumulation is currently disabled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/49v7il/pc_only_insurance_premiums_and_bad_sport_point/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have put over 1100hrs into the game when running on a 3TB Seagate 7200rpm HDD and it's been very good. Loading times on this game though does take absolutely ages.

Out of curiosity I moved my GTA 5 folder (steam version) to my SSD (1TB 850 Pro) and online loading times were exactly the same though SP did load a bit quicker.

Even when flying a hydra/besra jet at full speed through the city or around the forests it was exactly the same on the SSD as it was the HDD. I may keep the game on the SSD or move it back to the HDD, not sure yet.

I'm always up for heists, I never get bored of them and I need to save up my money so I will need to do lots and lots of heists :)

I tend to be on later on the weekends due to work (8pm onwards), but during the week I'm free most of the time usually. If I'm offline and you want to run a heist just send me a message via the rockstar messages. As long as I'm not doing anything I will happily login for a bit :)

If you ever see me only I will happily join in, I'm usually just messing about in freeroam anyway :)

When it comes to the page file I let Windows handle it, seems to do just fine. I find GTA 5 barely touches the page file even after hours of playing. It does love RAM though. Always uses about 6GB of system RAM on mine, along with maxing out the 6GB of VRAM on the 980Ti. For anti-aliasing I use DSR and downscale from a higher resolution along with FXAA, textures are still nice and sharp with no jaggies and without the penalty of running with other AA methods.

Not sure if its true, will blow some random persons car up later to test it :D

Insurance Premiums and Bad Sport Point Accumulation is currently disabled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/49v7il/pc_only_insurance_premiums_and_bad_sport_point/

Agree about the heists, never get bored of them.

If that is true about bad sports and insurance... I recon they should leave it off. Whilst I can see people griefing a bit, it works both ways... Killing a douche who is in a Kuruma shooting everybody should not be punished... However I can see people's reluctance as low rider meets only need a merryweather air strike to caause carnage and significant rage..

I do like a merryweather air strike lol .

Well i shall be on this afternoon into tonight for some heists if i can join someone from here that'd great.

As for display settings mentioned above, i'm running the game on mostly ultra settings, and managing to maintain 60fps most of the time, but i'm only using around 4.2GB of VRAM so am i missing some setting that makes it look better to use more VRAM?

Rich.

Well i shall be on this afternoon into tonight for some heists if i can join someone from here that'd great.

As for display settings mentioned above, i'm running the game on mostly ultra settings, and managing to maintain 60fps most of the time, but i'm only using around 4.2GB of VRAM so am i missing some setting that makes it look better to use more VRAM?

Rich.

I'll be on after work around 9pm if your still on at that time. Currently working on the pacific standard, 3 setups left then the main heist so it shouldn't take too long.

If your running at 1080p or 1440p then I think about 4 to 5GB of VRAM being used is about right with most settings maxed out. I'm running at 3325x1871 downscaled to 1080p (FXAA) so that will take more VRAM than normal.

Back
Top Bottom