• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

Permabanned
Short!

Only Gigabyte WindForce 3X, Asus DirectCU II and KFA2 EX OC are confirmed with full length PCB on 2GB GTX 670's. :)

KFA2 EX OC black or blue PCB? 6+6 pin or 6+8 pin?

Any full PCBs from EVGA?

Could you have the product pages mention whether they are full or short PCBs, and also if the Gainward phanotom is available on launch and only a short PCB, price it closer to reference designs if possible, otherwise what's the point?

On the picture of the Zotac full PCB disection, is that dinky cooler the reference cooler or a Zotac engineering fail? Any pictures of a full reference design and its cooler taken off?

Soldato
I've next week off as well. Diablo III? :)

Nope not my kinda game on the surface, I may look into it should I get bored. Have some catching up on BF3 to do as well, should probably look at playing some of the games I have on steam that haven't even been touched (played 40 something out of around 130).

Damnit, I've just realised too that max payne 3 isn't out until 1st June for the PC :(

So is this established now:

670 PCB
- Reference
- 6+6 pin only
- Some OC cards
- Some non-ref coolers
- Lower price range

680 PCB
- 'Non-ref' based on reference 680 PCB
- 6+6 & 6+8 pin
- All to be non-ref coolers
- Majority to be OC edition
- 4GB editions based primarily on this board
- Upper price range

Missed anything? Obviously non of the above is concrete, just what I've gathered over the last few days :)

Soldato
Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with the windforce 3X tbh, it has everything I need :)

On another note....the SLI bridge that came with my motherboard is missing, noooooooooo :(

Good job I'm getting just the one card tomorrow, I'll at least be able to see if a flexible bridge is in the box first. If not its looking like £10 or so for one.

Soldato
I think £450 would (at this moment in time) be a bargain. The cheapest 4GB 680 OCUK list is the KFA2 @ £550, if you want to go for a F-T-W or Phantom you're looking at the wrong side of £600!

Back
Top Bottom