** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

So that photo of you was actually true!

Aj1R8Wr.png

Was this during cutscenes? I've seen some flickering/shimmering of textures and shadows on NPCs and Aloy/hair in cutscenes throughout my 7.5 hours so far and all of them have been in cutscenes and all of them in various settings, Frame Gen on, Frame Gen off, DLSS on, DLAA etc. This just seemed like a rendering quirk of the engine, like how dark pockets suddenly get lit up when you zoom in on them (see gif posted earlier).

So predictable. Knew you would use that image :D

No not cut scene. Gameplay. Was only at certain angles her face would flicker like mad. Weird though as I say I can't reproduce it now as I am further into the game. Maybe area specific somehow.

Noticing loads of issues with ssr further in game like square blobs, puddles disappearing (not the usual of camera angle thing that happens). Ridiculous how bad raster is :o

Never enjoyed the first one to be honest, concept and visuals were cool but I got bored of it very quickly. It's cracked already but I have no interest in playing it.

Plus, Sweet Baby Inc. = no purchase anyway.

Do you play any FPS games at all? I really struggled using even a 32" monitor to play FPS games, it just felt like I was moving my head more than my eyes. This is even with an 80cm deep desk and pushing it back.
I play a lot of WZ on the 42" C2 and I love it as a monitor. Horizon Zero Dawn looks amazing on it with HDR so this new game probably looks even better!

(I did have 55" CX on the desk for a while and that definitely was too big for mkb shooters :p)

I have no idea what sweet baby inc is but I see it pop up as trending on feed headlines. I probably don't even want to look up the drama do I? :D

I have no idea what sweet baby inc is but I see it pop up as trending on feed headlines. I probably don't even want to look up the drama do I? :D

I bet it's either they have an employee who said something bad 30 years ago so the whole company is racist, or they added pronouns to something so they are 'woke'. That is about as basic as these things usually get.

Will you stop playing it if they did? :p

None of this stuff affects me one bit, if a company wants to include a wider audience by adding pronouns or changing their logo with pride colours or whatever else and in the same process lose an audience that has no acceptance for others' differences (made up or not doesn't matter lol) then I count that as a win for the company :p

Edit* typo

Last edited:
@TNA or @Nexus, can't remember who linked to it in another thread but I finally used the Nvidia ICAT app, it does the job but it does NOT use GPU encoding and is slow as balls to export but..... It did the job at comparing each upscaler :p

Think I'm going to put the game on hold for a while till SSR gets improved or RT reflections added, in an area now with the titan and the SSR artifacts are really immersion breaking with the halo'ing around objects, muddy reflections, disappearing reflections even with the slightest camera angle adjustment.

The only time water looks good (and look very good at that) is when there is no land/objects behind it and nothing to clutter it too much at the front either i.e. the beach or large open areas of water. Reminds me a bit of RDR 2, its water looks great but get to areas where it's got more objects/terrain etc. around it like in the swamp, it falls apart because of rasters limitations.

Last edited:
@TNA or @Nexus, can't remember who linked to it in another thread but I finally used the Nvidia ICAT app, it does the job but it does NOT use GPU encoding and is slow as balls to export but..... It did the job at comparing each upscaler :p

Wasn't me, but nice one. Will check that clip on hen I get to my monitor later.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
Maybe someone will reshade RT reflections as a mod or something, but for now it's fine mostly, just think of it like an ugly baby, don't make eye contact.

Hard not to when it's right in your face! :p

I mean how can people not notice just how bad SSR is now, it's like ps 2 levels of visuals at times here, the plants and all look like something from a childrens pop up book.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
Back
Top Bottom