** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

Steam clock at 40.1 :)

Got some good playtime over the weekend, but probably won't be so luck during the week.

Got the vine cutter finally too :D

A knife? Amazing.

I'm invested in this race, though lets face it, if it wasn't for fannying about with screenshots, mrk would have finished it a week ago.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
The wave physics in burning shores looks awesome

I thought the exact same thing earlier today. Not seen that in a game before. At least not anywhere as good as that.

Edit: Thought you meant the waves. Not got that far yet. Also did not know there were boats in the game.

I doubt I will get to the dlc any time soon. Tried to swim there earlier but knew I would get to an invisible wall eventually :cry:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
Finished Horizon Forbidden West

8.5/10

As far as PC port is concerned, it is really one of the best ports ever, I cannot think of anything to nitpick. Zero crashes, bugs or framedrops.

It is significantly longer than the first game. I ignored the tabletop game machine strike, melee arenas and hunting grounds, otherwise I did a complete set of everything (all sidequests, collectibles..) and it came out to a good 90 hours without the expansion (first game took 65 hours, including Frozen Wilds).

It's cute that they made Burning Shores after Frozen Wilds, heh.

Design-wise it is Ubisoft open world game through and through, but more competent, in some aspects (dialogue and cutscenes, sidequest writing) significantly ahead of Zero Dawn. But few things annoyed me a bit here (unnecessary amount of weapons/traps/ammunition and all kinds of junk, it's quite bloated...and finding upgrade components doesn't entertain me either) and I also have a few reservations about the story, even if it wasn't bad (but really it only started to get really interesting towards the end when
Tilda is on the scene, it's a shame that they had to make her a demented end boss again... such a waste of Carrie-Anne Moss should be criminal).

Ending credits were a nice touch, I love when developers put some care into them - it just makes ending more satisfying.

Anyway, now onward to LA and after Deacon Starkiller.

2420110-20240402141349-1.png

2420110-20240406212404-1.png

2420110-20240402181442-1.png

2420110-20240331234738-1.png

A knife? Amazing.

I'm invested in this race, though lets face it, if it wasn't for fannying about with screenshots, mrk would have finished it a week ago.

It is not a knife. You would know that had you been playing the game instead of playing Fashion Police or whatever it is called.

It is not a knife. You would know that had you been playing the game instead of playing Fashion Police or whatever it is called.

I ADHD flicked between about 10 games today, that wasn't one of them lol. Did have a quick go the other day though, was iiiiite.

Oh and I put an alert on gg.games for £25 for this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Finished Horizon Forbidden West

8.5/10

As far as PC port is concerned, it is really one of the best ports ever, I cannot think of anything to nitpick. Zero crashes, bugs or framedrops.

It is significantly longer than the first game. I ignored the tabletop game machine strike, melee arenas and hunting grounds, otherwise I did a complete set of everything (all sidequests, collectibles..) and it came out to a good 90 hours without the expansion (first game took 65 hours, including Frozen Wilds).

It's cute that they made Burning Shores after Frozen Wilds, heh.

Design-wise it is Ubisoft open world game through and through, but more competent, in some aspects (dialogue and cutscenes, sidequest writing) significantly ahead of Zero Dawn. But few things annoyed me a bit here (unnecessary amount of weapons/traps/ammunition and all kinds of junk, it's quite bloated...and finding upgrade components doesn't entertain me either) and I also have a few reservations about the story, even if it wasn't bad (but really it only started to get really interesting towards the end when
Tilda is on the scene, it's a shame that they had to make her a demented end boss again... such a waste of Carrie-Anne Moss should be criminal).

Ending credits were a nice touch, I love when developers put some care into them - it just makes ending more satisfying.

Anyway, now onward to LA and after Deacon Starkiller.

2420110-20240402141349-1.png

2420110-20240406212404-1.png

2420110-20240402181442-1.png

2420110-20240331234738-1.png

Yeah, elements such as weapons loot were better in the original and I like the story in that more also. But pretty much everything else is better here.

I will defo be ignoring machine strike. Perhaps hunting grounds too. But will do melee pits.

Can't see myself completing it for a few weeks yet.

Last edited:
Observed some technical lols tonight, the smoke is also 2D just like the fire, could swear in Zero Dawn both fire and smoke are 3D...

And look at this ghosting, clearly ghosting isn't a ray tracing "issue" since ghosting is the first thing people seem to latch onto whenever a ray traced game is released yet here we are fully rastered and nobody has mentioned it. This is more distracting than a car's wing mirrors ghosting or a distant NPC in Cyberpunk lol.

dLnK9yU.gif

Also Plainsong's GPU utilisation is still weirdly low, 70% just outside the entrance?! the CPU use is about 15% higher than areas where the GPU is at 99%, but that should not matter in this area of Plainsong as there's literally nothing going on.

Si44ovI.png

Not even sure what I’m looking at. I don’t spaz aloy about like a rag doll when playing
It's less obvious when "spazzing" about, it's more obvious when moving slowly, that's what that's supposed to highlight. You guys cannot honestly see the ghosting? you're quick to pick up on car wing mirrors ghosting a small bit when driving really fast but don't see the massive trails under Aloy and all bits of clothing just moving normally?? Lol.

The discrepancy at which people choose to point out such issues is honestly amusing, either point them out for all games or don't mention them at all, or is it because this time round there is no nvidia RTX feature causing it and that's why it's not worth talking about...
:p

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious though without having to look for it. As long as there's darker midtones areas outside like dusk/night then it's pretty obvious. This is an issue with screen space shadows and ambient occlusion.

Anyway, just done Cauldron Iota, a challenging none because of its tediousness and some machines that are weak against nothing so have to brute force them with the most levelled up weapons to tear off targeted components. Was cool though, especially seeing how a certain machine is built.

Sorting Steam by hours played, the numbers are not surprising:

ledmrt2.png

Sorting Steam by hours played, the numbers are not surprising:

ledmrt2.png

I see Starfield is quite high on that list. Not bad for a game that you slated so heavily. I suppose you wanted to get you £60's worth of gameplay :p

Nice location. It is free for a month, but then after I will start charging. The price is a humble choice game of my choice each month :cry:

Last edited:
When you have "over 1000 planets to explore", there's only so far you can "explore" before realising it was all just a lie and all but a handful are just procedurally generated on the outside, copy paste on the inside.

And Sarah Morgan's loud mouth.

You can still dislike something but at the same time put time into trying to find something to enjoy, then giving up when there isn't much, just like the game's current state of player base :cry:

• Haha
When you have "over 1000 planets to explore", there's only so far you can "explore" before realising it was all just a lie and all but a handful are just procedurally generated on the outside, copy paste on the inside.

And Sarah Morgan's loud mouth.

You can still dislike something but at the same time put time into trying to find something to enjoy, then giving up when there isn't much, just like the game's current state of player base :cry:

There was at least one or two guys that played it a lot even one that completed it multiple times as I recall then gave it something like 4 out if 10 as a score :cry:

I enjoyed my 80 hours or so I put in. Was just disappointed it was not what I expected from such a dev that made Skyrim.

That said loving HFW. It is not perfect, but I could sit there playing it all day long and be having fun.

I hear they are already working on the third horizon game which is great. Hopefully we get in by 2027 or so.

Back
Top Bottom