** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

HDR looks stunning but there was one camp that completely washed out the colours. Tenakth area that you need to clear with green paint everywhere. Apart from that blip the rest is 10/10. Coming across the Skybirds shining lasers down at night time <3

If you're not aware, this channel is highly rated and trusted for these things:

Yeah I watched that, its the video that made me make the comment "I can't believe I've been using DTM over HGIG", I think HGIG has it's advantages but just doesn't perform well enough in all scenarios. The brightness of dark areas using DTM isn't significant to me, it's not over the top. I think there might be a hidden option to adjust HGIG peak brightness on the TV but I'll look at that another time, I just wanted to play the game today and I've only been tweaking stuff :cry:

edit: also looks like that vid is focusing on consoles too, I'd stick to HGIG if I was console.

Last edited:
I just got a new gamepad delivered today, the front face buttons are all micro switches with far less travel than the membrane buttons on everything else and it's a game changer mostly as a result, tactile micro switches are the way to game :cool:

Sent the 8BitDo back because it started creaking not even a full month into buying it!

Is that a pad with asymmetric sticks, back buttons and a gyro ? If so sign me up!

First campfire after the lift, the little area down the ramp was crashing for me after few minutes. After messing with memory/graphics/cpu settings for ages I finally got to a solution. Disable the freakin RGB affects when playing games in Asus armory crate. OMG so annoying.

Armoury crate is horrendous. I remember I ended up doing a fresh install of Windows just like to actually get rid of it properly.
I replaced all the functionality of it with open source stuff instead which doesn't bloat the system so much.

Last edited:
Armoury crate is horrendous. I remember I ended up doing a fresh install of Windows just like to actually get rid of it properly.
I replaced all the functionality of it with open source stuff instead which doesn't bloat the system so much.
Only reason I'm running it is because FanXpert requires it, I use that to tweak the fans to silent when under load. I hate the asus software...

Boggles my mind how they sabotage their own hardware with this rubbish, not a fan of sonicsuite for their audio either. Managed to "disable" that at least.

Last edited:
Only reason I'm running it is because FanXpert requires it, I use that to tweak the fans to silent when under load. I hate the asus software...

Boggles my mind how they sabotage their own hardware with this rubbish, not a fan of sonicsuite for their audio either. Managed to "disable" that at least.

I use Fan Control which is free open source and also have mine silent ;)
Trust me, you don't need AC. I've been through this whole process myself.

Last edited:
+1 for FanControl from me too. Used to use Argus Monitor but FanControl is brilliant. Setting up fan curves based off an average of CPU/GPU temps for case fans is so useful, plus you can have your fans ignore occasional spikes too (i.e. a 3 second 5 deg spike won’t suddenly dial the fan rpm up by 20%).

It’s honestly one of my first installs on any new PC build now.

Last edited:
BIOS controlled fan curves here, just works once configured and silent :cool:

Is that a pad with asymmetric sticks, back buttons and a gyro ? If so sign me up!

That is correct, the gyros work on PC in Switch Pro input mode, you then get hairline triggers as per Switch Pro as nintendo doesn't support linear analogue triggers. IN Xinput mode you get the full linear analogue triggers but no motion control. Not many PC controllers actually have motion but also keep in mind not many (any??) games that require analogue triggers actually have analogue trigger support either so you will never encounter the need for both. Plus you can on the fly swap between input modes with button combos.

What in the AliExpress is Gamesir

They're quite well known and been around making plenty of third party console controllers t better specs than official console controllers at half the price lol.

ooh, that looks good.
I was going to get the new bitdo hall effect update but i might get this instead.
Does it come wth a charging cable?

USB-C cable is included but it's a generic cable so quite stiff etc, I instead use the braided super-light cable that came with my mouse which is connected to the back of the monitor for mouse charging and it does the job for controller charging too or actually use it whilst charging since it's so light and "invisible":

sPIJdsw.jpeg

Cable is tucked into the monitor arm otherwise hidden.

Where you at @mrk still driving? :p

I am level 38 now. Made up for not gaming at all during the week :D
Been buy :p

egmntTX.jpeg

Gonna hit 38+ this evening :cool:

Didn't realise Bios fan control could let you control GPU fans as well, sounds like more work for less :p
Funnily enough, Fan Control 'just works' once configured too :cry: Jesus.

Is it this one: GameSir T4 Cyclone Pro Wireless Pro Controller - £48 on Amazon. Looks really small.

Last edited:
Oh I mean as in no need to install another piece of software. Anyways for gpu I just flick the bios switch to quiet fan mode on the gpu and leave it be, 67-71 degree temps typically.

Oh I mean as in no need to install another piece of software. Anyways for gpu I just flick the bios switch to quiet fan mode on the gpu and leave it be, 67-71 degree temps typically.

Ah got you. Can't recall why I couldn't do it from bios, something wasn't playing ball. I do same on GPU as well!

Speaking of, does that controller require installing some dodgy Chinese software? NVM, seen it uses a mobile app and has a lol polling rate. Cheap for a reason.

Last edited:
Steam clock at 40.1 :)

Got some good playtime over the weekend, but probably won't be so luck during the week.

Got the vine cutter finally too :D

Back
Top Bottom